No More King-Size Candy Bars?!?!

Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... ize-candy/

:thumbdown:

Boooooooo! They're even shrinking the regular-size bars to get them down to 250 calories (but I bet the price doesn't drop). I need those extra calories or I'll die, I just know it! I knew things weren't right when I started having trouble finding Peanut Butter M&Ms at Wawa. Mint M&Ms? That's Christmas candy and should be treated as such! Don't stick them on the shelf instead of my peanut butter ones. It ain't right.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/02/mars-cutting-king-size-candy/

:thumbdown:

Boooooooo! They're even shrinking the regular-size bars to get them down to 250 calories (but I bet the price doesn't drop). I need those extra calories or I'll die, I just know it! I knew things weren't right when I started having trouble finding Peanut Butter M&Ms at Wawa. Mint M&Ms? That's Christmas candy and should be treated as such! Don't stick them on the shelf instead of my peanut butter ones. It ain't right.

Wawa king size 2 for $2.22!!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Are they really concerned about responsible snacking, or it this merely a way to give us less product for the same price.

In our current economy, it seems as if many companies are giving less for the same price.....easier then raising the price, I reckon.

There is actually a worldwide cocoa shortage going on now, so chocolate will eventually have to go way up in price.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    The problem is probably more than 2/3 of the people on this board have no clue what a Wawa is. :D
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The problem is probably more than 2/3 of the people on this board have no clue what a Wawa is. :D

That's a dang shame.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    just eat two
    i would ;)
    :lol::lol:
    (unfortunately..that's true)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    JK_Livin wrote:

That's a dang shame.

It really is. :D
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Are they really concerned about responsible snacking, or it this merely a way to give us less product for the same price.

I'm going to go with the latter.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    JK_Livin wrote:

That's a dang shame.

Guilty. :oops:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    JK_Livin wrote:

That's a dang shame.

It really is. :D

it IS

on our way to Philly yesterday and we stopped at "our" Wawa for cofee/tea and some gas for the truck

The gas station portion was closed ... a contractor was checking the pumps or the tanks or something

and we were like a car load of fools all beside ourselves cuz we had NO IDEA where else we could go to get gas :lol::lol::lol:

good thing the store wasn't closed :o

needless to say we were late ....all that driving round trying to locate another gas station, like we'd never seen another one in our entire lives

AND

they make giving directions to ANY location in PA or NJ easy as pie

".....ok....so after you pass 3 Wawa's, at the next Wawa..the one on the corner with the bigger gas station and the new sign design with the goose on top...you turn right...OH and since you're going by anyway, can you stop in and get me a stress tea?.."
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • tater926tater926 Posts: 263

My wife travels for work and she told me about wawa. I've still never seen one.
    United Center-Jun 29 1998 Alpine Valley-Oct 8 2000
    Assembly Hall-Apr 23 2003 Alpine Valley-Jun 21 2003
    Grant Park-Aug 5 2007 United Center-Aug 23 2009
    United Center-Aug 24 2009 Alpine Valley-Sep 3 2011
    Alpine Valley-Sep 4 2011 Wrigley Field-Jul 19 2013
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    StillHere wrote:
    just eat two
    i would ;)
    :lol::lol:
    (unfortunately..that's true)

That's exactly the point, I would guess that 2 regular size candy bars costs AT LEAST one and a half times as much as one king size
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    dcfaithful wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

In Utah, don't most people go with the "Latters" ?
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    dcfaithful wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

+1 no doubt
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

In Utah, don't most people go with the "Latters" ?

Well played, sir.

billy-dee-williams-colt-45-31536.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • The problem is probably more than 2/3 of the people on this board have no clue what a Wawa is. :D

They are about to open up a WaWa here in Orlando....I am stoked!
    Sound Advice Amphitheatre - Apr 11,2003, House Of Blues Orlando - Apr 12, 2003, St. Pete Times Forum - Apr 13, 2003,Silver Spurs Arena - Oct 08, 2004, Cruzan Amphitheatre - Jun 11, 2008, St. Pete Times, Forum - Jun 12, 2008, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011

• I don't stop for gas anywhere else, either. I have 3 of them very close to my house except on rare ocassions. Luckily, having 3 of them so close means I don't have to worry about one being closed. I pass 4 Wawa gas stations on my way to work and at least 3 more that don't sell gas. Even an old Wawa is 20X nicer inside than any 7-11 around here.
    StillHere wrote:
    it IS

on our way to Philly yesterday and we stopped at "our" Wawa for cofee/tea and some gas for the truck

The gas station portion was closed ... a contractor was checking the pumps or the tanks or something

and we were like a car load of fools all beside ourselves cuz we had NO IDEA where else we could go to get gas :lol::lol::lol:

good thing the store wasn't closed :o

needless to say we were late ....all that driving round trying to locate another gas station, like we'd never seen another one in our entire lives

AND

they make giving directions to ANY location in PA or NJ easy as pie

".....ok....so after you pass 3 Wawa's, at the next Wawa..the one on the corner with the bigger gas station and the new sign design with the goose on top...you turn right...OH and since you're going by anyway, can you stop in and get me a stress tea?.."
    You can't beat them for smokes in PA too, almost $2 less than a pack in Jersey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawa_Inc.
  • Cut it down to 250 EMPTY calories. What a bold step to combat obesity and its associated morbidity. :roll:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I can't remember the last time I ate a chocolate flavored sugar bar.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

my daughter just had me try one of her organic diet bars last night..
    granola and honey and cinnamon with almonds
    no junk...no processed sugar and no preservatives

but they cost a fortune!
    peace,
    jo

• Dont worry we have this marketing blunder covered its called..... Wait for it!

TA-DA

Sharing Size!

(please send all checks to PO box....)
  • I hate Sharing Size. I've already seen M&Ms labeled that way and the package was definitely not big enough to share! That's what she said
    Dont worry we have this marketing blunder covered its called..... Wait for it!

TA-DA

Sharing Size!

• StillHere wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

but they cost a fortune!
    Try a snickers protein bar really they feed the crave.

I do clif, Kashi, Luna all that stuff as a protein meal replacement. But the snickers one I do on occassion when I crave chocolate.
  • I hate Sharing Size. I've already seen M&Ms labeled that way and the package was definitely not big enough to share! That's what she said
    Dont worry we have this marketing blunder covered its called..... Wait for it!

TA-DA

Sharing Size!

Just move up to the 2lb bag. :lol: You'll be fine.
    StillHere wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

but they cost a fortune!

I do clif, Kashi, Luna all that stuff as a protein meal replacement. But the snickers one I do on occassion when I crave chocolate.

nom nom :)
    peace,
    jo

sharing size just means when jimmy fallon comes on i have a whole giant bag of m&ms at my disposal with no limit to the mindless munching that i might do during the show

NOT a good thing
    peace,
    jo

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    StillHere wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

but they cost a fortune!

I think it's interesting that Snickers doesn't post the ingredients on the bars, only the Nutrition Facts. I'd have to read the ingredients before I would eat it. Trying to 'eat clean' now.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    controls obesity, promotes responsible snacking, thusly, helping people be healthier/not getting sick as often= less sick days, keeps health care costs low, higher productivity, longer life
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Trying to 'eat clean' now.
    :wave: :thumbup:
    peace,
    jo

• They list the ingredients on there. Chit Nature Valley (high in fat) has crappy protein bars. Still a better choice any way you look at it than having cheap garbage to eat. Besides, all they do is load them up with whey solids and say they're protein bars.

Making your own a bonus. :D

But Id be tempted to eat the whole pan. :lol: