Relative of mine stuck in past

2»

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    redrock wrote:
    iluvcats - whilst quite a number of 'x removed', this person is a cousin! Also a very lonely person, it would seem, if her life revolves around FB and the past. Whilst remembering the deceased and embracing one's roots, origins and distant family, to dwell in it so much seems a bit strange.

Maybe your relative who said she was crazy might exaggerate but it's certainly not a healthy outlook on life. Toward the end of her life, my mother was always on about those that had died (and it would seem their deaths the cause of all of her 'woes' - a bit of a 'escape' if you ask me!).

Just try not to let it get to you - let it glide over your head!

We've managed to trace our family back to 1010 (on my Dad's side). Internet helped a bit but not all that much - as you said, a lot of inaccuracies there. It took a cousin and three years of his life, lots of traveling, etc. to piece everything together (and write a book about it too!). A labour of love it was!

thanks for your thoughts :)

1010? I guess there would be alot of inaccuracies. Doing it by the legwork (traveling) sure sounds a lot better than surfing the internet.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more