More sad news from the world of music...

2»

Comments

• NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    tough crowd today... time to go back to sleep. :lol:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i chuckled

and i'll chuckle again

some people take shit way to serious
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • [im not talking about you..is a general comment..i never judge people on the forum..
    i talk about opinions...nothing to do with you..
    actually my comment was more about the whitney threads we had recently..
    its sad...

Well, I didn't really see much of that, just know it got locked.

I may have a bit of a crass view on death, so that may be on me. I'll never forget the first time somebody in my life died. I lost a family member when I was 10 or so. I'll never forget hearing it, and I was very broken up and we were going to leave to go to the funeral the next morning. I turned on the TV that night and George Carlin had a stand-up special on HBO. And oddly enough he goes into a rant on death, pretty much the only way George Carlin can. I was cracking up, and I was conflicted whether or not I should feel bad about it, but it was also good to be able to laugh about it. In a way I think that sort of formed my view on death. It is inevitable, we all die, and it's good to be able to joke about the things that scare us. Call it a defense mechanism or whatever.

Here's some of Carlin's take on death. Not the same one I saw, this appears to be much later, but still funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PiZSFIVFiU
    its./.ok i understand..can u imagine someone do that with anyone from the band..
    will be burn in hell..but this justin is cos noone gives a shit in this forum...same as whitney..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    ..... It is inevitable, we all die, and it's good to be able to joke about the things that scare us. Call it a defense mechanism or whatever.....

"Humor" is one of Freud's "defense mechanisms".

And, good news...it's one of the healthiest ones you can resort to.
    Laughter-Death.png
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I can laugh about death...I recall chuckling about having to transport a patient who'd died (and lived a nice full life) through the hallway on a cart 'Weekend At Bernie's' style because there was no way to get her back to her room from radiology ( where she died) without passing people. We needed to get her back to her room to let her family see her and prepare her for the morgue. It was funny, we weren't heartless people, but we were definitely laughing about it in the breakroom.

This joke is stupid because it's basically implying that it's sad or bad news that someone is NOT dead. This isn't a matter of people not being able to take a joke about death. This is a matter of people feeling uncomfortable wishing someone else (a kid, for that matter) was dead.
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    2557774750_6f7510b5d6.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Carey wrote:
    This joke is stupid because it's basically implying that it's sad or bad news that someone is NOT dead. This isn't a matter of people not being able to take a joke about death. This is a matter of people feeling uncomfortable wishing someone else (a kid, for that matter) was dead.
    +1,enough said,exactly..etc...

in better english than mine of course..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • KatKat Posts: 4,842
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, so and so doesn't like so and so. It's funny; it's not funny. We'll just close this thread. Wrong forum, kind of a hate topic, let's do better.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.