Options

Astoria Setlist

Comments

• Options
    DoveDove Posts: 13
    PJMosquito wrote:
    Astoria Setlist:

Soundcheck: World Wide Suicide, Little Sister, Present Tense, Sad, Marker In The Sand, Man Of The Hour, Small Town, Why Go

Main Set: World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Gone, Even Flow, Sad, I Am Mine, Insignificance, Army Reserve, Present Tense, Better Man, Marker in the Sand, Do The Evolution, Why Go

Encore 1: Man Of The Hour, Given To Fly, Small Town, Porch

Encore 2: Comatose, Leavin' Here, Yellow Ledbetter, Alive

In addition, Boom did not play with the band at this show. The Alive solo was played behind Mike's head.

mind-blowing jaw-dropping outstandingly amazingly awesome :D
  • Options
    vLeXaMvLeXaM Posts: 132
    TKS PJMosquito and ur brother too
    Cuidense unos a otros, y Astedos......aste....Ustedes Mismos.
    E.V. July/19/2003
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    PJMosquito wrote:
    The show is over. The band sounded better than ever my brother said...hopefully we'll get to see it on DVD or hear it tonight on a bootleg!! Thanks for tuning in all :)

LET THE TOUR BEGIN!!
    Whooohoooo!!! Here we go again guys!!!!

Thanks for the updates!
  • Options
    GizmoGizmo Posts: 38
    Thank you for keeping us informed!
    (Arnhem 29/08/2006 - Antwerp 30/08/2006 - Antwerp 31/08/2006 - Dusseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009)
    - If you're not confused, you're not really paying attention to what's going on -
    - Still so many answers I don't know, realise that to question is how we grow -
  • Options
    Gizmo wrote:
    Thank you for keeping us informed!

No problem, it was fun! :)
    "P-E-A-R-L J-A-M is priceless to me."
  • Options
    jambojambo Posts: 2
    fuck my old boot, talk about on fire.
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    is this setlist for real...id kill to hear why go

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    Thank you so much PJmosquito and your brother!! This was an excellent thread!

Btw, did they do deep by any chance? my friend just texted and mentioned deep but maybe he wasn't sure.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    PJmosquito, did your brother give you any additional tidbits about the show? Did Ed say anything about the tour/album, etc.? Just curious.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    GRW95GRW95 Posts: 14
    Wow. Great set list. I'm here in London from NYC for business, bought a ticket off a scalper (for a lotta dough) got in line, and got turned away at the door for a fake ticket. Bastards! Not seeing PJ hurts 10x more than the dollars and pounds.....
  • Options
    GRW95 wrote:
    Wow. Great set list. I'm here in London from NYC for business, bought a ticket off a scalper (for a lotta dough) got in line, and got turned away at the door for a fake ticket. Bastards! Not seeing PJ hurts 10x more than the dollars and pounds.....

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you buy the ticket outside the venue, from a grizzled old bloke who looks like he's slept in his trackie bottoms for a week?
    In fact, I wonder how many fans got fake tickets and were turned away?
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    my only hope is that I hear Marker In The Sand at the shows I go to.....

I agree, 100%
  • Options
    ytrepusytrepus Posts: 15
    Hey guys...I'm the guy who was texting the setlist to my brother...happy to answer any questions. Let me just say that the show was absolutely incredible. The band was really eenjoying it, the crowd was amazing, the venue was perfect. So small and intimate...Eddie could talk to particular fans, even up on the balcony, and they could yell back. Made for an incredible atmosphere.

Sone tidbits (all quotes are just my best recollection):

Some guy in a kilt flashed the guys, and Eddie found it hilarious. Said something like "You know, I had some postcards to write tomorrow and I didn't know what to put in them. Now I do."

Before Marker: "This song is about questioning God. Not questioning whether he exists or not, but really just asking for an opinion on what's going on these days. But let's not get into religion."

Before Comatose: "We're gonna close our sets with this one because it's really f*ing hard to sing." (Very rough one there..dont' remember exactly, but that's the gist of it).

Someone screamed for Leash and EV said "I thought only the dirty Americans requested that song."

They were definitely going to end with Yellow Ledbetter (house lights and everything) but the crowd went nuts, and Eddie called the other guys onto the stage to finish with Alive.

He said the band were originally gonna hit a few Europe dates in April but it worked out to just be London. He had a lot of great things to say about the city...said being there is like being under a ray of sunshine or something to that effect. (I dunno if he's living in the same London I am...I almost forgot there was such a thing as sunshine!)

I'm sure I'll think of more.

In front of the venue after the show ppl were handing out Avocado postcards. Just promos for the new album, looks like the covers we've seen.

Also I got a Mikey pick! Woohoo :)

Damn that was just amazing.
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    icarus wrote:
    someone in a kilt flashed eddie, i think hes from the board

did you recognize him when you saw his junk?

if so, thats kind of weird.
  • Options
    And I have to say, the highlight for me was Marker. Came off SO well live...the crowd had a great reaction to it considering about 5% of them had heard it before.
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    i cant wait to hear these new songs...
  • Options
    QubeQube Posts: 44
    PJMosquito...good work.

Looking forward to the band bouncing back over the puddle. haven't had the pleasure of learning any new tunes yet but i like the rave about it. can't wait to educate myself on may 2.

TC, don't be late...this ain't no xmas jingle
  • Options
    icarus wrote:
    im pretty sure he said dirty central americans

and how come no one cares that robert plant was there?

could be...have to say my quotes are really rough. but why would he say central americans?

that's awesome that rp was there..had no idea.
  • Options
    Hey down,

How did the band sound? Were there a lot of screw ups vocally musically were they tight/loose? Sounds like an amazing show to say the least. I'm extremely jealous.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    No vocal screw ups at all that I heard...EV was really dead on. The band was really tight in the sense that the music was dead on, but they were relaxed and having a lot of fun. Ah..almost forgot they did screw up the beginning to comatose and had to start again.Mike's fault...he said something like "You wouldn't know I helped write this song."

Also, Porch started out really slowly before the vocals kicked in...didn't recognize it at first.
  • Options
    No vocal screw ups at all that I heard...EV was dead on. The band was really tight in the sense that the music was dead on, but they were relaxed and having a lot of fun.

Also, Porch started out really slowly before the vocals kicked in...didn't recognize it at first.

That's pretty cool then. On the 03 japan/aussie boots it didn't seem like they had it all together yet. Actually i think i heard that they rehearsed a lot more for this tour than in the past so maybe it payed off.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    HipthrusterHipthruster London Posts: 34
    Best bit was when a Scotsman in a kilt flashed the band from someones shoudlers. Ed said he was gonna be writing a postcard tomorrow and he didnt know what to put on it and after that he did. The lads were in bits laughing.
    At the end Ed wished the Queen happy birthday laughing. Mike was absolutely amazing!!!! Stone, Matt and Jeff were feeling the vibe and keeping the groove. Ed was excellent...he was so into the show he only drank 3/4 of his bottle of red!!! If I wasnt there myself I wouldnt have believed it.
    Mike screwed up the start of Comatose on the first 3 powechords, that was pretty funny and Ed said it was because they had only played the song once and that was when they recorded it.
    Rest of the world.............THEY ARE BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!
    Oh Severed Hand is fucking incredible live... So much more to say but wanna have some booze.
    1996 - Cork 24th Oct, Dublin - 26th Oct
    2000 - London Wembley Arena - 30th May, Dublin - The Point 1st Jul
    2003 - New York MSG 1 - 8th Jul, New York, MSG 2 - 9th Jul
    2006 - London, Astoria - 20th Apr, Dublin - 23rd Aug, Reading Festival - 27th Aug, Berlin, Wuhlheide - 23rd Sept 06
    2007 - London, 02 - 18th Jun
    2010 - Dublin, 02 - 22nd Jun, Hyde Park, London - 24th Jun
    2011 - Alpine Valley, 3-4th Sept
  • Options
    darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102

Someone screamed for Leash and EV said "I thought only the dirty Americans requested that song."

I WAS THE ONE THAT SCREAMED FOR LEASH :D i thought he might just give in ;)
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    What an amazing night!!!
    Met a few people. Ellie_Vedder in particular :D didn't plan on meeting anyone but I guess that's just the way things turn out. And thanks to 'Rhianna' for chatting to my mum when I deserted her :p
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    darkcrow wrote:
    I WAS THE ONE THAT SCREAMED FOR LEASH :D i thought he might just give in ;)

No, they realize Leash blows.
  • Options
    darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    Smellyman wrote:
    No, they realize Leash blows.

no negativity thank you. i am too happy :D
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    darkcrow wrote:
    no negativity thank you. i am too happy :D

Sorry, I know it must've been great. Wish I was there.

The band probably hates the Leash Shit though.
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    I am gutted that I wasn't there.

I can't wait til Reading so that I can see them again.

I think it's gash the way they rarely play over here...
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117

Must still be playing the Canadian version of Porch....with the slow intro.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    Olivavu wrote:
    I am gutted that I wasn't there.

I can't wait til Reading so that I can see them again.

I think it's gash the way they rarely play over here...

gash? strange use of the word....
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!