So who here has...

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
...ran from the cops? I have.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Almost had to one time but didn't because it was such a small town that they would have caught us.

We actually didn't do anything, my brothers and I fit a description. The description was two guys and a girl. My brothers are identical twins. :|

Oddly enough they searched us because some idiot lost their keys at the 7-11 across the street saying somebody stole them. A cop in hem jeans jumps out the car still rolling and says, "let's go guys, keys."

Also, they didn't find the weed in my brother's jacket. :lol:
  • regularly but not always because I've done anything - they freak me out - will cross the road to get away from them
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    All the time when I was younger. Not a high speed chase or anything, though I was in two semi-chases in which the cop began to follow without lights and I punched it and turned off down some roads and lost them. One time in high school the cop turned on his lights but he was way behind and I sped home, jumped out of the car and hopped the fence into the backyard, a minute or so later he came cruising by with his spotlight looking around. Was at a few parties the cops busted that turned into a free for all with everybody running from the cops. It got busted around midnight, and I got home about 5am, spent most of the night walking through a forest with some friends.

Haven't had any need to run from the cops in years though.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    regularly but not always because I've done anything - they freak me out - will cross the road to get away from them

+1 I live in a white trash, redneck town, so I'm on their radar.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • KM43590KM43590 Posts: 298
    I tried once. Which didn't work out too well. I was nearly arrested, but the officer took pity on me because I had no record or previous tickets! He was more interested in harassing my friend who was with me because he had a few earlier drug and underage drinking issues having to deal with the same officer! I was lucky as hell. :shock:
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Many times.I was very lucky though,they never caught me.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I have.
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Not as many people here that I thought. :lol:
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I had to hide out in a swimming pool once while hiding from the cops. Not fun to run form the law while soaking wet. (and yes...we got nabbed).
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    All the time when I was younger. Not a high speed chase or anything, though I was in two semi-chases in which the cop began to follow without lights and I punched it and turned off down some roads and lost them. One time in high school the cop turned on his lights but he was way behind and I sped home, jumped out of the car and hopped the fence into the backyard, a minute or so later he came cruising by with his spotlight looking around. Was at a few parties the cops busted that turned into a free for all with everybody running from the cops. It got busted around midnight, and I got home about 5am, spent most of the night walking through a forest with some friends.

Haven't had any need to run from the cops in years though.

:lol: Same situation...

I ran from the cops (while loaded) many times at highschool parties/smoking pot outside the school at lunch...

Haven't had to run from them in over a decade now though... good thing too, cause I can't run anywhere near as fast when my fat ass is full of beer :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • guilty..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    run-ronnie-run-3.jpg

"Y'all are brutalizin' me!!!"
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,281
    Not on foot. I have done some sneaky/evasive maneuvers in my car. I've found when you know you they are on to you for speeding or something...when you see them pull out or turn around, exit the highway ASAP, then get back on in the other direction. That has saved me from probably 5-6 tickets. In town is a little trickier, but generally the more turns you make and if you if can find a big parking lot (WalMart, grocery store) they usually won't bother as they'll have to fight the traffic and won't usually run a red light to get your a speeding ticket.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Nope
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,909
    :shh: :shh: :shh: :think: :think: :problem: now I have to kill you.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Yeah the highway one works everytime except the last time. :oops:
    81 wrote:
    Nope

Maybe if you ran you wouldn't get busted all the time.

Mugshot.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Nope

Mugshot.jpg

:lol:
  • Not so much run away but I did speed up quite a bit to try and get home before he could find a spot on the road to turn around ...didn't work. He caught up with me and flat out asked if I tried to 'get away'...

of course by this time I had time to prep -

super shiney lip gloss - check
    top button strategically un-buttoned with a peek of the girls - check

got away with a warning - of course I did :D
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Last Thursday, i had to climb and jump a fence as well, i was pretty drunk, felt like being a teenager again :twisted: got away though on the other side of the fence was a big dark cemetary.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,934
    more than a few times....but not recently.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,909
    81 wrote:
    Nope

Mugshot.jpg
    noy it makes sense. 81 is his alias.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :x

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,281
    81 wrote:
    Nope

Mugshot.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,232
    Nah we had the cops on our payroll they left us alone ... ;)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    like jose i am innocent
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:
    Nope

Mugshot.jpg

This made my day :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    No I’ve never run, but I have been taken to the police station before because, unbeknownst to me, my license was suspended because I paid a ticket late. Apparently, I had been driving around for over a year with a suspended license. When I got pulled over, I wasn’t allowed to drive, so the cop took me to the station to have someone pick me up.

The cop was cool though, I think he realized that I was as surprised as he was that I didn’t have a valid license. :lol:

It was quite mortifying.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    Stypo
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    DS1119 wrote:
    ...ran from the cops? I have.

Details of said adventures?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2