Options

Whitney Houston is dead

124»

Comments

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Rude post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines: Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home.
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=91525
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Whoa, this thread got a little ugly. Yes, she was a national treasure, and she still is. She obviously self destructed but didn't do anything that harmed anyone outside of her family. The comparison to Michael Jackson is invalid.

The only comparsion I meant is the level of media attention and portrayal. You can see where I stood on everything since her death from my posts.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Rude post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Whoa, this thread got a little ugly. Yes, she was a national treasure, and she still is. She obviously self destructed but didn't do anything that harmed anyone outside of her family. The comparison to Michael Jackson is invalid.

it's comparable in how the media/people in general treated them at different points in their careers and then after they died.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Didn't read through the whole thread, but this is just so sad. People who grew up with the internet probably can't understand the level of popularity that was achieved by Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, and other going back.

Whitney Houston songs were EVERYWHERE, and generally they held onto their appeal. It's not really my style of music, but there's no denying she consistently put out excellent songs & albums. With pandora radio, iPods, etc. I don't think anybody will ever be ubiquitous like she was.

It seems that the lessons of drug abuse will never take hold. :(

Well said. When I was a kid listening to Van Halen and AC/DC on my discman in the late 80's/early 90's while riding in my mom's minivan with my two sisters who always had the pop station on, sometimes I would secretly stop the CD and listen if a Whitney Houston song came on. The lyrics were usually pretty sappy, but she had a way of delivering them that was like no other. You couldn't help but be in awe of her voice. It's very sad how her life turned out after her success.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Yeah I thought there was a lot insensitivity in this thread as well.

Plain and simple, it's sad. It's just sad.

I hope she is at peace.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    there are some not so pleasant 10c members out there, yes/no?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Rude post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    chadwick wrote:

Does someone offering a different opinion, make them not so pleasant?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    chadwick wrote:

Does someone offering a different opinion, make them not so pleasant?

How does one who considers themselves pleasant have any other opinion on death than sadness? Especially when that person has done nothing to negatively impact you.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,495
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The only comparsion I meant is the level of media attention and portrayal. You can see where I stood on everything since her death from my posts.

I actually didn't see anything negative from you - didn't feel like reading through everything. Just saw some stuff on this page... :oops:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    kenny olav wrote:
    Didn't read through the whole thread, but this is just so sad. People who grew up with the internet probably can't understand the level of popularity that was achieved by Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, and other going back.

Whitney Houston songs were EVERYWHERE, and generally they held onto their appeal. It's not really my style of music, but there's no denying she consistently put out excellent songs & albums. With pandora radio, iPods, etc. I don't think anybody will ever be ubiquitous like she was.

It seems that the lessons of drug abuse will never take hold. :(

Well said. When I was a kid listening to Van Halen and AC/DC on my discman in the late 80's/early 90's while riding in my mom's minivan with my two sisters who always had the pop station on, sometimes I would secretly stop the CD and listen if a Whitney Houston song came on. The lyrics were usually pretty sappy, but she had a way of delivering them that was like no other. You couldn't help but be in awe of her voice. It's very sad how her life turned out after her success.

Yeah those songs just made you stop and listen, whether you wanted to or not. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    pleasant may not have been the best word i could have used.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    It seems a lot of you have an issue with the media sensationalising celebrity deaths etc. Uhhh....that's what the media is now. Accept it. And if you hate it, STOP FUCKING WATCHING IT?! Turn off your tv/radio, get off the couch and go do something productive.

I saw one tv news segment the very next morning after she died....because I purposely turned the tv on to watch it. That's it. Haven't seen anything since. Why? Because I don't watch television. It's crap. That shit will rot your brain.

Here's a tip: Try reading a book. You might learn something.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    It seems a lot of you have an issue with the media sensationalising celebrity deaths etc. Uhhh....that's what the media is now. Accept it. And if you hate it, STOP FUCKING WATCHING IT?! Turn off your tv/radio, get off the couch and go do something productive.

I saw one tv news segment the very next morning after she died....because I purposely turned the tv on to watch it. That's it. Haven't seen anything since. Why? Because I don't watch television. It's crap. That shit will rot your brain.

:clap:
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Nice. Yeah, I barely saw any of it so maybe that's why I'm not so jaded about it.

• Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,931
    Thread closed for review.

Posting Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.