kid drinks redbull (toddlers and tiaras)

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
This mama needs to learn to teach her child about good nutrition and not to flash your flab to people.
I am very saddened any way by the show Toddlers and Tiaras (I watched it during insomnia recently)
and I already can't stand the way they teach them to strut like a stripper :( Now she is drinking all this sugar crap? Red bull can be bad for adults.
http://gma.yahoo.com/video/health-26594 ... 32065.html
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Lyn, just the title of that show turns my stomach
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153

when I watched it recently, the toddlers were in pain when the makeup (false eyelashes) was being applied or the BIG hoop earring would not go through her ear (the back closed.) The big hair blonde wigs, fake tans, the gestures they are taught --ugh, it is child abuse. one baby was probably less than 2 and when she got to the cat walk, she sat down and cried.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I originally saw this on a blog at Tosh.O and then the whole episode on the Toddlers show.

Here's the clip of the best parts that Tosh did:

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/tag/honey-boo-boo/
    voidofman wrote:
    I originally saw this on a blog at Tosh.O and then the whole episode on the Toddlers show.

where did they find honey boo boo's mama, the jerry springer show?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:

We were told there was a family from close to where we live on the show and we assumed it was them. Honey boo boo's family lives about 3 hours from us though. :?
    voidofman wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

We were told there was a family from close to where we live on the show and we assumed it was them. Honey boo boo's family lives about 3 hours from us though. :?

honey doesn't speak well for her age. very sad :(
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    honey doesn't speak well for her age. very sad :(
    Her parents probably think there is nothing wrong with how she speaks. She needs speech lessons.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I think these kids need taken away from their parents. It's total child abuse. Just a guess, but I think the majority of the moms were ugly in school or just not very popular and they're taking it out on their kids. Even without all the shit they put their daughters through to doll them up they're very abusive with the way they talk down to them when they don't do well.

Never seen the actual show only "highlights" on stuff like Tosh or The Soup. One mother took her daughter to an auto paint shop for a spray tan.

Has anybody heard of any instances where the parents have faced consequences for the way they're mistreating the kids?
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206

Mine too - I feel like crying when I see these young toddlers trying to put on a show and act so grown up.

I've never been able to watch an entire episode, I thought this program was off the air by now. :(
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I have never seen this show but that video clip was enough.

Do all the Pageant mums look like that :? It stinks of living vicariously through their children.It is a form of child abuse putting a child through these events with the combination of sexualised dance moves,the kids made up to look like two bit whores and the attitude to go along with it.
    That mum is storing up a shit load of trouble not keeping that little girls attitude in check.

As for the Red Bull in Britain under 16's can't buy it because of the caffeine content.But I see parents buying it for their kids all the time.I once saw a baby howl and scream holding out for the can the mum poured out the milk in the babies bottle into the gutter and refilled the bottle with red bull,the baby gulped that shit down like it was nectar.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    stargirl69 wrote:

Do all the Pageant mums look like that :? It stinks of living vicariously through their children.It is a form of child abuse putting a child through these events with the combination of sexualised dance moves,the kids made up to look like two bit whores and the attitude to go along with it.
    That mum is storing up a shit load of trouble not keeping that little girls attitude in check.

yes stargirl, ALL the moms look and act that way...I saw some show and a mom was being asked why she dressed up her child like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman...in the hooker get-up. The mother didn't see anything wrong with it, she said "it's just a costume, she doesn't know" Then they asked, "aren't you afraid of child molesters coming to prey on your kids?" none of the moms were concerned. That is sad.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:

yes stargirl, ALL the moms look and act that way...I saw some show and a mom was being asked why she dressed up her child like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman...in the hooker get-up. The mother didn't see anything wrong with it, she said "it's just a costume, she doesn't know" Then they asked, "aren't you afraid of child molesters coming to prey on your kids?" none of the moms were concerned. That is sad.

Oh jeez RKCNDY that is shocking and sad.Are the Pageants not licensed and vetted when it seems they support and encourage inappropriate dress and dance moves? :?

Videos like these reinforce my reasons for not having tv :eh:
    stargirl69 wrote:

Oh jeez RKCNDY that is shocking and sad.Are the Pageants not licensed and vetted when it seems they support and encourage inappropriate dress and dance moves? :?

Videos like these reinforce my reasons for not having tv :eh:

I don't know if the pagents are 'licensed' or whatever. I've never watched the actual show, just the clips on Tosh/The Soup (comedy shows that make fun of the terrible reality shows on TV). I would have to assume that the mothers encourage the dance moves, and the 'costumes'...anything from bikinis to showgirl feathers is what I remember seeing. All the kids act like spoiled brats.

I do think it's more of a 'southern thing' I never remember there being pageants or whatever around here.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I've never watched the show, but like others I've seen clips. I often wonder how much of it is real. We all know there is often little "reality" in some of these reality shows. I wonder how much of this stuff is real, or the producers put the mothers up to it. I think most people watch this show because they despise these crazy mothers, and it makes me wonder if some of it is scripted. Don't get me wrong, these mothers are often insane, but the fact they want their children to be famous so badly leads me to believe they would do anything a producer suggests to be on the show.

Plus, the absolute worst of them are always the ones that get the most attention, get their clips shown on other shows, and gets the people talking. I'm sure they try to be as outrageous as possible (like so many people do on reality shows) in order to be noticed.

I mean, it's just as bad, doing it for the cameras, but I wonder if these mothers would really be THAT crazy if there weren't cameras around. And I know stuff like this was going on before the cameras, so I'm not saying it's complete fiction, but since this show came along I think it has probably gotten worse.

At the end of the day this show is only interested in terrible mothers and the outrageous things they do. Good mothering isn't going to get you on TV. And even if they aren't that crazy, I'm sure they at least want their kid to be on TV because they all think this pageant shit is a pipeline to stardom, so they'll do what it takes to get them on the show. It's like that stupid Bridezilla show, if you want to be on it, you can't act like a reasonable human being.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    I've never watched the show, but like others I've seen clips. I often wonder how much of it is real. We all know there is often little "reality" in some of these reality shows. I wonder how much of this stuff is real, or the producers put the mothers up to it. I think most people watch this show because they despise these crazy mothers, and it makes me wonder if some of it is scripted. Don't get me wrong, these mothers are often insane, but the fact they want their children to be famous so badly leads me to believe they would do anything a producer suggests to be on the show.

Plus, the absolute worst of them are always the ones that get the most attention, get their clips shown on other shows, and gets the people talking. I'm sure they try to be as outrageous as possible (like so many people do on reality shows) in order to be noticed.

I mean, it's just as bad, doing it for the cameras, but I wonder if these mothers would really be THAT crazy if there weren't cameras around. And I know stuff like this was going on before the cameras, so I'm not saying it's complete fiction, but since this show came along I think it has probably gotten worse.

At the end of the day this show is only interested in terrible mothers and the outrageous things they do. Good mothering isn't going to get you on TV. And even if they aren't that crazy, I'm sure they at least want their kid to be on TV because they all think this pageant shit is a pipeline to stardom, so they'll do what it takes to get them on the show. It's like that stupid Bridezilla show, if you want to be on it, you can't act like a reasonable human being.

Well said
    stargirl69 wrote:

As for the Red Bull in Britain under 16's can't buy it because of the caffeine content.But I see parents buying it for their kids all the time.I once saw a baby howl and scream holding out for the can the mum poured out the milk in the babies bottle into the gutter and refilled the bottle with red bull,the baby gulped that shit down like it was nectar.

very well said about living vicariously through their children. I read that they spend alot of money on them to be in the pageants (to win $10,000 I think).

yep you are correct about the dance moves. sickening.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    Umm.. Looks like the whole family is getting it's own show on TLC. Funny that it's on TLC because I sure as shit ain't lernin' nuttin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njtjKYgS49s
    voidofman wrote:
    Umm.. Looks like the whole family is getting it's own show on TLC. Funny that it's on TLC because I sure as shit ain't lernin' nuttin'

I am wary of any 'American TV show' that needs to be subtitled because you can't understand the people who speak ENGLISH. :crazy:

- Christopher McCandless
    what a coincidence that you brought up this old thread. Honey boo boo's mom was on the other night briefly and my husband asked what that was! :lol:
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    voidofman wrote:

too funny. you need to show this link to Thoughts Arrive to cheer him up :) it made me laugh.
    I hope my chin never looks like her mom's.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    voidofman wrote:

too funny. you need to show this link to Thoughts Arrive to cheer him up :) it made me laugh.
    I hope my chin never looks like her mom's.

Send a link and told him, "no matter how bad it gets, at least you aren't these people."
    RKCNDY wrote:

I am wary of any 'American TV show' that needs to be subtitled because you can't understand the people who speak ENGLISH. :crazy:
    That's what Closed Captioning is for, expect for this show I'm pretty sure it would be:

[INAUDIBLE] HONEY BOO BOO [INAUDIBLE] GO GO JUICE [INAUDIBLE]
    voidofman wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

That's what Closed Captioning is for, expect for this show I'm pretty sure it would be:

[INAUDIBLE] HONEY BOO BOO [INAUDIBLE] GO GO JUICE [INAUDIBLE]

no! TLC subtitles *for* you already! CC is not necessary! watch the video silly!

- Christopher McCandless
    voidofman wrote:

Wow I barely understood what any of them were saying :?
    I almost don't even want to say this. I watched the first five minutes of the show last night and wow. The mom was saying they had a pageant to go to and had to wake up the whole family or they would be sleeping until 12 or 1 or sometimes 2.

:fp:
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    voidofman wrote:
    I almost don't even want to say this. I watched the first five minutes of the show last night and wow. The mom was saying they had a pageant to go to and had to wake up the whole family or they would be sleeping until 12 or 1 or sometimes 2.

:fp:

If only that was the worst thing those parents allowed... I partied pretty hard for a solid 5 years, worked 3rd shift, stayed up for pretty much a few days and I can't think of a time I've slept til 2 in the afternoon.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I know you said you watched it during a bout of insomnia, but...
    otherwise we need to kill our TVs

23341D3B-74E0-45F7-AD0B0876BCCD412D.jpg
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    My wife and I noticed something wrong with this set up. Not that it wasn't wrong to begin with...

The dad is 8 years older than the mom, their oldest daughter was born when mom was 15 and dad was 23. :?
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    voidofman wrote:

the guy doesn't seem to thrilled with all that bullshit.

his frickin wife = battle axe
    wow!

use her as traction under tires when stuck in mud or snow.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    voidofman wrote:
    My wife and I noticed something wrong with this set up. Not that it wasn't wrong to begin with...

The dad is 8 years older than the mom, their oldest daughter was born when mom was 15 and dad was 23. :?
    wow. you're right!

and their one daughter is preggers @ 17
    nicely done!
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce