Meat

Comments

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    all this talk of meat...I can go for a real good filet now. Don't worry BD...I'll eat your portion. :D
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    DS1119 wrote:
    EvieVedder wrote:
    How long do you have to not eat meat before you can call yourself a vegetarian?

Vegetarian cards are issueed each Tuesday so if you apply today you would receive yours next Tuesday.

I want a card!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Claireack wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    EvieVedder wrote:
    How long do you have to not eat meat before you can call yourself a vegetarian?

Vegetarian cards are issueed each Tuesday so if you apply today you would receive yours next Tuesday.

I want a card!

There you go! :mrgreen:

elegant_vegetarian_card-p137655736860531411zv2nr_400.jpg
    Claireack wrote:
    Why thank you kind sir! :D

Just hit print and you're in! :lol:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,281
    I haven't had red meat in 16 years.
    I still eat birds and fish on occasion...but not too often.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I hadn't eaten red meet in many years but recently my body seems to have been needing it? Maybe the iron? I'm not sure but I have been buying more of it at home and favouring it when I eat out :?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • I work at a company that sells feed to animals.

part of my yearly bonus is... MEAT.

in about one month I'll have 150 lbs of beef, chicken and pork in my meat treasure chest freezer.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEAT. :crazy:
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Not much of a meat fan to be honest. I'd gladly live off of potatoes and cheese if it wouldn't make me fat :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • I try not to eat a lot of red meat, but I *did* make a kickass braised pot roast in the slow cooker for my dad and sis this past weekend...first time I did it, and it was delicious! Usually any meat I will eat will be chicken or fish.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    F Vegetables.
  • elegant_vegetarian_card-p137655736860531411zv2nr_400.jpg

I want one too! Making meatless BLTs tonight. Made with veggie bacon. MMMMMM
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Speaking of meat...the guy in a big white van stopped by today. Offered me:

8 1/3lb ground sirloin patties
    6 flank steaks
    8 filet mignon
    4 t-bones
    6 Top Sirloin Steaks
    and some tri-tip bits

for $299...buy one case get another free.

I had to say 'no'...last time we bought that much meat, it took forever to eat it all...he said he'd come by in a few weeks with seafood... :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    EvieVedder wrote:

Nothing should ever come before the word bacon.

not even 'extra thick cut premium aged peppered'?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:

not even 'extra thick cut premium aged peppered'?
    mmmmm...extra thick bacon
    Sizzle sizzle fo shizzle
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,234
    Vegan farts are the worst ever i know someone who almost lost her job cause she farted a vegan fart and emptied the office :lol::lol::lol: i marinated two steaks last night will cook them tonight ;)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,234
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Caveeze, how many times a week would you eat meat? Do you ever have days where you don't eat meat? Is it normally red meat?
    I "would" eat meat every day.. but, I usually only have it 3-5 days a week.. and it is usually in some form of garbage lunch meat or beef jerky form.. I had a steak this year, and it was good (the company was way better)..
    I usually only get a good meal when i go to visit my mother.. pork chops, turkey breast, fried chicken, etc...
    i love it all, but typically don't get it on a regular basis..

Can't you cook?

This craked me the f up :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I love meat as well. I had a great steak in a steak house with lovely company a couple of weeks ago, but at home I usually prepare stuff myself. I can do a pretty good goulash and just love beef rolls, but usually I have chicken, fish or minced meat. I have meat free days too, but I couldn't do without it, I guess. I am a woman, I need iron :twisted: :lol: And it's just too tasty.

Btw - I never tried tofu sausages or stuff like that (veggie burgers, yes, but they are not a substitute for meat to me). I always wondered what they taste like - it cannot be the same as real meat...

Btw - I never tried tofu sausages or stuff like that (veggie burgers, yes, but they are not a substitute for meat to me). I always wondered what they taste like - it cannot be the same as real meat...

I've had 'vegetarian ham' (tofu based). It tasted, smelled and looked like ham. The texture was like spam/hot dogs.

I just wonder what exactly they put in it to make it taste that way :? Currently I'm on a freak healthy eating plan ...trying to cut out chemicals, preservatives, artificial flavorings etc.

if you like the taste of meat...eat it. Don't fake it.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:

if you like the taste of meat...eat it. Don't fake it.

:thumbup:

I also try to eat healthy and balanced, this is why I cook so much myself. Plus, usually it tastes way better and is cheaper too :)
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    If there is anything I can do to help anyone out here, please let me know...I will ship anywhere in the world for a price! ;-) ..And thanks for eating meat! :D

www.inlandmeats.com
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    If there is anything I can do to help anyone out here, please let me know...I will ship anywhere in the world for a price! ;-) ..And thanks for eating meat! :D

http://www.inlandmeats.com

are those cows rBGT, rBST, and antibiotic free?

- Christopher McCandless
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7gmC9xl3fgvThanoYrpXXJ3da5akW5UAcU6GSyzAWL7JuD0Vq

What do I do with this??
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • I recently became a vegetarian. I really proud of my progress and I have not had any meat in about a month. My husband was very resistant at first, but he is coming around and being more supportive.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Hopefully if your lucky enough, find a local butcher as we have by our house and
    get a seasoned beef tenderloin. Nothing is finer!! Almost don't even need a knife
    to cut. Can't imagine not eating a good filet every once in awhile!
  • Caveeze wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7gmC9xl3fgvThanoYrpXXJ3da5akW5UAcU6GSyzAWL7JuD0Vq

What do I do with this??

Throw it away - you don't wanna ruin the structure of the meat! Better use something like this:
    41s%2BqtQLO9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg Looks much more elegant too 8-)
    F Vegetables.

:lol:
    EvieVedder wrote:

Well there you go! Just hit print. :lol: