Super Bowl..On a scale of 1-10???

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pureoc wrote:
    Seeing how it was two east coast teams this game never had a shot of me giving it a great rating. Had that last pass been caught, probably would go down as the greatest superbowl ever. Would have loved seeing loudmouth Bradshaw get played as a goat for being a moron and not taking a knee. It didn't work out in the end but Bellichek is a genius for letting NY score there. That's the move you have to make to give your team any chance at all, great call by him on that. I'm sure morons on the booyah network will castrate him for letting a team score, but that is 100% the correct call.

One question that I think is an interesting one, how many rings would Eli have right now if he had ended up in SD like he was supposed to?

i would disagree....just wind the tape back to the ending of the AFC championship game two weeks ago
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    1st half sucked
    halftime was cool
    4th qtr ended with some excitement

i give it a 7
    even with the game close....and coming down to the last minutes...it just didn't have the excitment of the 08 matchup or alot of the other games over the last 10-15 years http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/history
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pureoc wrote:
    Seeing how it was two east coast teams this game never had a shot of me giving it a great rating. Had that last pass been caught, probably would go down as the greatest superbowl ever. Would have loved seeing loudmouth Bradshaw get played as a goat for being a moron and not taking a knee. It didn't work out in the end but Bellichek is a genius for letting NY score there. That's the move you have to make to give your team any chance at all, great call by him on that. I'm sure morons on the booyah network will castrate him for letting a team score, but that is 100% the correct call.

One question that I think is an interesting one, how many rings would Eli have right now if he had ended up in SD like he was supposed to?

I don't know, maybe he would have been the difference for San Diego in those playoff games, especially in the 2008 AFC championship game.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    The game came down to a last minute hail mary and my team won... 10.

Let's recap the losers:

The Dream Team
    America's Team
    Brady and the Uggs
    Ben Rapistburger
    Phillip "I should have been picked first" Rivers
    Rex Ryan

And all the other teams.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    didn't care which team won & it not being enough to keep me awake beyond the 2nd quarter i'll give it a 2. a couple weeks ago a neighbor said this was gonna be 'the snoozer bowl.' and sure enough i fell asleep prior to halftime...

i ran into him outside a few hrs later and asked "who won the *diva bowl?" he said 'well the biggest douchebag was eli....but it was a close contest' :lol:

(*aka madonna & the primadonnas bowl)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Boring first 50 minutes
    Worst halftime show ever
    Brady choking

I give it a 10
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    A 6 sounds about right. It wasn't bad but it was far from great. A lot of methodical football without many great/exciting big plays
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I give it a 6(Welker a -1). Longest play of the game was 38 yards and that didn't happen until under 4 minutes left. Of course the end was good. Pretty blah when you don't have a rooting interest.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RW81233 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm not a Pats or Giants fan...I'm a Bills fan and I will say in response to your post...that's why they play the game. If in fact the Saints and the Texans were the best teams they would have been in the Super Bowl. You need to win to be the "winner". If you don't believe in that, then the NFL I guess should go to a system like college football where the Super Bowl teams are voted in by the coaches and media correct?
    what i'm saying is that the '92 Bills, with their 8 HoFers (or whatever it was), would have run train on either of these two teams (body sizes growing with the times and steroids of course) and they got shellacked 52-17. The reason is that if you have great players you can't keep them anymore. Between the two teams today we had maybe 6-8 HoF Players COMBINED. That surely reflects a change in the way the game is played, and, therefore allows for more upsets and just overall shitty football.

I think the football quality is still the same but yes their is more paroday in the NFL which is a good thing. You mention the 92 Bills. Two big things are different between now and then. The league now has 32 teams instead of 28 and there is now a salary cap.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    81 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

i would disagree....just wind the tape back to the ending of the AFC championship game two weeks ago

Cundiff's FG was longer than the one Tynes would have been kicking had Bradshaw taken the knee. Cundiff's was 30+, Tynes would have been under 20, which I don't know for sure, but under 20 yds I would say is probably 99% chance of making it. I think Hoody made the correct call, you have to have a chance to win and I'll take that over watching the opponent having a gimme fg to win with no time left. As for the AFC championship game that kick would have sent it to OT, it wasn't gonna win the game if it was good.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    First half was a bit boring..thought if you left the pocket then came back in, grounding couldnt be called??? Maybe he didnt leave the pocket but thought it was close enough for another look.

Halftime show..thought it was pretty good actually. A million times better than the who. Not sure what people expect out of a 12 min show. The performance and visuals were good..Would also hit that gaped tooth sicilian in a new york minute :lol::lol: The problem with pop singers these days is they always feel the need to bring in other artists..would have been better with just madonna.

Second half..pretty good..last few minutes were exciting..You hate to see the "garbage td" when the D allows it with no effort. Ill take it since it allowed brady to get the over on 26 completions (27) and gonzales over 66 yards (68). Overall I still lost on the game..took the pats, pats 1st qtr, cruz over 88 yards, not even close, and chad ocho cinco under on catches..he had 1.

Overall 5 out of 10. Felt the game could have gone either way. Ball bounces different on those 2 gmen fumbles, i think the pats take it. Especially bradshaws deep in his own end.

Biggest bust commercials.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    pureoc wrote:

Cundiff's FG was longer than the one Tynes would have been kicking had Bradshaw taken the knee. Cundiff's was 30+, Tynes would have been under 20, which I don't know for sure, but under 20 yds I would say is probably 99% chance of making it. I think Hoody made the correct call, you have to have a chance to win and I'll take that over watching the opponent having a gimme fg to win with no time left. As for the AFC championship game that kick would have sent it to OT, it wasn't gonna win the game if it was good.

they were at the 6 yard line...assuming the pats hold, the would have been about a 23 yard field goal. little longer than an extra point....or....we could have seen a Byner moment? ball seemed to be on teh ground all night.

The+Fumble.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Watching your husband's team lose the Super Bowl can't be easy, but nobody expected this kind of reaction from the world's most famous supermodel.

Gisele Bundchen tossed Tom Brady's teammates under the bus following the Giants 21-17 upset of the Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Brazilian beauty was caught in a moment of weakness by TheInsider.com waiting for an elevator as she left the suites at Lucas Oil Stadium.

A few Giants fans started heckling her about Brady's performance as she walked quickly to the elevator. After initially smiling and even trying to ignore the fans, Bundchen let her guard down just long enough to deliver a foul-mouthed defense of her man -- and a sideswipe of his receivers.

"I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times," she is heard saying. "My husband can not [expletive] throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time."

Pats receivers Wes Welker, Deion Branch and Aaron Hernandez all dropped passes. As a team, New England dropped at least four catchable balls.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Watching your husband's team lose the Super Bowl can't be easy, but nobody expected this kind of reaction from the world's most famous supermodel.

Gisele Bundchen tossed Tom Brady's teammates under the bus following the Giants 21-17 upset of the Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Brazilian beauty was caught in a moment of weakness by TheInsider.com waiting for an elevator as she left the suites at Lucas Oil Stadium.

A few Giants fans started heckling her about Brady's performance as she walked quickly to the elevator. After initially smiling and even trying to ignore the fans, Bundchen let her guard down just long enough to deliver a foul-mouthed defense of her man -- and a sideswipe of his receivers.

"I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times," she is heard saying. "My husband can not [expletive] throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time."

Pats receivers Wes Welker, Deion Branch and Aaron Hernandez all dropped passes. As a team, New England dropped at least four catchable balls.

Im hearing a lot of people talkig about "the drops' on the radio..the only signifant one was welkers and although he usually catches that ball it does not deserve to be "a drop". Hernandez was on that last drive for 10 yards only.

As far as "Jizz"elle..she is prolly getting some part of her body waxed right now and probably doesnt give a shit they lost.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:
    they were at the 6 yard line...assuming the pats hold, the would have been about a 23 yard field goal. little longer than an extra point....or....we could have seen a Byner moment? ball seemed to be on teh ground all night.

The+Fumble.jpg

I've never liked you smoking baby
    :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    We can call it parity if they want...but the NFL is seriously fucked up now when a 12-4 Steelers have to go on the road and play an 8-8 team, and they probably played in the toughest division. Did NE even play a 500 team till the playoffs? The Giants 9-7 and that's with a second place schedule from the year before.

It would be nice if the NFL did away with winning the division gets you into the playoffs BS...rank the teams 1-12...1 plays 12, 2 plays 11 and so on...imo I think we'd end up with probably a better SB...as it stands now we could essentially rename the game the mediocre bowl.

Because this was poor football in these playoffs, imo.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    We can call it parity if they want...but the NFL is seriously fucked up now when a 12-4 Steelers have to go on the road and play an 8-8 team, and they probably played in the toughest division. Did NE even play a 500 team till the playoffs? The Giants 9-7 and that's with a second place schedule from the year before.

It would be nice if the NFL did away with winning the division gets you into the playoffs BS...rank the teams 1-12...1 plays 12, 2 plays 11 and so on...imo I think we'd end up with probably a better SB...as it stands now we could essentially rename the game the mediocre bowl.

Playoffs were exciting..den vs pitt...good game.

n.o. vs. san fran...great game.

ny vs. san fran...great game.

n.e. vs. balt..good game.

ny vs. packers..great game..sorry mamason :lol::lol:

I can see your point on the ranking system..pitt should not have had to play at den..but if they were the better team they should have beat them.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree with this. They need to change the structure a bit. Its old. They mentioned the possibility of expansion this week which is great.

The 4 divisions/division winners is not good any more. If your stuck in a division with the Patriots or the Colts (pre 2011), it really, really sucks. 2 Wild cards is tough to live by if the Division is on lockdown. Especially with the difference is schedules.

The Bills last time they were in the playoffs were 11-5, playing the 11-5 Titans on the road, while teams with worse records had better matchups I recall.
    lukin2006 wrote:

It was poor football all season. I thought for awhile I was just underrating b/c the Colts sucked ass, but I've talked to alot of people that just thought the NFL sucked this year.
    DewieCox wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

It was poor football all season. I thought for awhile I was just underrating b/c the Colts sucked ass, but I've talked to alot of people that just thought the NFL sucked this year.

Well the game is changing..partly becuase of rule changes. Before the recipe for success was D and a strong running game. These days its pass pass pass and a quarter back league.

I wouldnt go as far as saying the nfl sucked this year..
    MayDay10 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree with this. They need to change the structure a bit. Its old. They mentioned the possibility of expansion this week which is great.

The 4 divisions/division winners is not good any more. If your stuck in a division with the Patriots or the Colts (pre 2011), it really, really sucks. 2 Wild cards is tough to live by if the Division is on lockdown. Especially with the difference is schedules.

The Bills last time they were in the playoffs were 11-5, playing the 11-5 Titans on the road, while teams with worse records had better matchups I recall.

i like the division set up...and playoff set up...no need to change it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    MayDay10 wrote:

If your stuck in a division with the Patriots or the Colts (pre 2011), it really, really sucks .

They said this about the Bills and DOlphins 20 years ago, and if you remember the Pats AND the Colts were in the AFC East with both them back then. They seemed to have done ok for themselves since.
  • -20 for three reasons:

The Patriots lost and they planned like crap

The half time show was horrible

The commericals were not that good
    Wma31394 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Well the game is changing..partly becuase of rule changes. Before the recipe for success was D and a strong running game. These days its pass pass pass and a quarter back league.

I wouldnt go as far as saying the nfl sucked this year..

It's been a passing league for awhile now.

I dunno, I just thought that overall there was a lot of lackluster play and alot more up and down teams than there usually are.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Wma31394 wrote:

:evil: Packers played like a bunch of replacements during that game and their bad luck seeped into New England's players yesterday.

A little over 200 days 'til next football season boys and girls!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

:evil: Packers played like a bunch of replacements during that game and their bad luck seeped into New England's players yesterday.

first game is august 5th
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

first game is august 5th

So about 4 months after the cubs are out of the playoff race?? (Im a cub fan)
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

Were you in indy?? Saw a ton of pack fans throught the week on tv. Must have kept reservations to be part of superbowl week.