Maybe a 7???

Last 10 minutes were great......

First 50??
Not so much.....

Gotta give Manning credit.....

And the Halftime show???

Gimme a Break.....
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I would have done the halftime show for free and would have been more entertaining by just acting like some asshole dancing around. I would have least sang live. :)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    giants fans ...10

new england....2

everyone else....doubt the giants care lol
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    there was no rhythm.....its a 4
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    edited February 2012
    a great game (10), entertaining halftime show (10), good food (10). :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    super bowls and football in general go down every year....

at one point i thought i was watching the areana league championship.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It came down to the final play. That automatically makes it atleast an 8, regardless of what you think of the half time "entertainment".
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I give it about 3 or 4, halftime show a zero. The quality of play in this years playoff not great...lots of mistake that cost their teams wins and these are supposed to be the best 12 teams at the end of 16 games.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • I'd go with 10 but I'm a Giants fan. Personally I didn't watch the halftime. I would watch if someone like the Who, U2, the Rolling Stones or Bruce Springsteen performed.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I give it about 3 or 4, halftime show a zero. The quality of play in this years playoff not great...lots of mistake that cost their teams wins and these are supposed to be the best 12 teams at the end of 16 games.

what was it, the first play of the game where NE forgot how to tackle. :lol:

football is being pussified a little more each and every year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    a great game (10), entertaining halftime show (10), good food (10). :D

oh, and watching Manchester United come back to tie 3-3 against Chelsea after being down 3-0 at half time was a 10. All on the new big HD TV we got yesterday was also a 10
    oh...and Wes Welkey singlehandedly costing NE with his drop sucked
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:
    i couldn't agree more
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i haven't watched a half time show in YEARS.

what a waste of a time slot. i bet companies DROOL over that 30 minutes wishing they could fill it with something other than shitty singing and dancing acts.
    rival. wrote:

what a waste of a time slot. i bet companies DROOL over that 30 minutes wishing they could fill it with something other than shitty singing and dancing acts.

there is no singing
  • half time show needed more Pearl Jam
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    81 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

what was it, the first play of the game where NE forgot how to tackle. :lol:

I couldn't agree with you more. I just can't get past the mistakes that teams in this years playoffs made that allowed these 2 teams in the super bowl.

How 'bout NE forgetting how to catch on their last 2 drives :lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    7.5 Game itself was pretty good i guess, especially the last half of the 4th quarter. Halftime show was better than I thought it would be, commercials were meh
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,234
    NY won i'll go with 8 shit this game was better than last yr's ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Sawyer wrote:
    rival. wrote:

there is no singing

haha, this is a good point!
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    It came down to the final play. That automatically makes it atleast an 8, regardless of what you think of the half time "entertainment".
    This is exactly what I said about football two weeks ago. Just because games are close doesn't mean they are good. I've watched plenty of bad Dallas football for the past 15 years (including like 10 in a row from last to this year) to tell you that most of those games sucked and things happened to make them close. I mean Giants should have had 4 turnovers in that game (2 pick 6's and 2 fumbled balls that went their way) if any of those go the other way Pats win easily. Conversely, was anyone ever "scared" of the Pats offense today? How many passes travelled further than 7 yards on the fly? Maybe 5, and most of those were on the last drive. These teams were lucky to get here, and were certainly not the best in either conference. Saints-Texans (at full strength or closer to full strength) were probably the two best teams in the NFL at the end, but things went against them. Thats what I miss about football, it's not "lame" tackling (that's like a yearly lame complaint), it's the fact that no one can stockpile talent anymore. It leads to closer games, but shittier football.
    lame tackling was brought on by the big hit highlight...everyone wants it...but then people bounce off you and run down the field

plus players now don't want to practice it...with the CBA that only allows one physical practice per week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • It was not as good as 4 years ago. It wasn't even as good as their matchup in week 9 of this year. It was too slow. The injury timeouts didn't help. I give it 6/10.

I thought Madonna was fantastic. I bet a lot of people here did, but are too afraid to admit it!

Glad Eli won MVP. I don't think he had to prove anything to anybody, but there they go!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    It was not as good as 4 years ago. It wasn't even as good as their matchup in week 9 of this year. It was too slow. The injury timeouts didn't help. I give it 6/10.

I thought Madonna was fantastic. I bet a lot of people here did, but are too afraid to admit it!

Glad Eli won MVP. I don't think he had to prove anything to anybody, but there they go!

i have no problem with madonna, but the show was pretty week....i would still bang in heartbeat if given the chance :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RW81233 wrote:
    This is exactly what I said about football two weeks ago. Just because games are close doesn't mean they are good. I've watched plenty of bad Dallas football for the past 15 years (including like 10 in a row from last to this year) to tell you that most of those games sucked and things happened to make them close. I mean Giants should have had 4 turnovers in that game (2 pick 6's and 2 fumbled balls that went their way) if any of those go the other way Pats win easily. Conversely, was anyone ever "scared" of the Pats offense today? How many passes travelled further than 7 yards on the fly? Maybe 5, and most of those were on the last drive. These teams were lucky to get here, and were certainly not the best in either conference. Saints-Texans (at full strength or closer to full strength) were probably the two best teams in the NFL at the end, but things went against them. Thats what I miss about football, it's not "lame" tackling (that's like a yearly lame complaint), it's the fact that no one can stockpile talent anymore. It leads to closer games, but shittier football.

I'm not a Pats or Giants fan...I'm a Bills fan and I will say in response to your post...that's why they play the game. If in fact the Saints and the Texans were the best teams they would have been in the Super Bowl. You need to win to be the "winner". If you don't believe in that, then the NFL I guess should go to a system like college football where the Super Bowl teams are voted in by the coaches and media correct?
    81 wrote:
    i have no problem with madonna, but the show was pretty weak....i would still bang in heartbeat if given the chance :lol:

fixed

KBgvtOGwYj_id-hit-it-two-times.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    It was not as good as 4 years ago. It wasn't even as good as their matchup in week 9 of this year. It was too slow. The injury timeouts didn't help. I give it 6/10.

i have no problem with madonna, but the show was pretty week....i would still bang in heartbeat if given the chance :lol:

She looks GREAT

Edit: Lol DS
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    DS1119 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

I'm not a Pats or Giants fan...I'm a Bills fan and I will say in response to your post...that's why they play the game. If in fact the Saints and the Texans were the best teams they would have been in the Super Bowl. You need to win to be the "winner". If you don't believe in that, then the NFL I guess should go to a system like college football where the Super Bowl teams are voted in by the coaches and media correct?
    what i'm saying is that the '92 Bills, with their 8 HoFers (or whatever it was), would have run train on either of these two teams (body sizes growing with the times and steroids of course) and they got shellacked 52-17. The reason is that if you have great players you can't keep them anymore. Between the two teams today we had maybe 6-8 HoF Players COMBINED. That surely reflects a change in the way the game is played, and, therefore allows for more upsets and just overall shitty football.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Pats stole the Packers knack for dropping balls today. Wtf happened out there? All I know is I woulda won $400 if they got a tuddy in the end there. I'm too pissed to even rate the game. Football's over...is there anything more depressing than that?!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Seeing how it was two east coast teams this game never had a shot of me giving it a great rating. Had that last pass been caught, probably would go down as the greatest superbowl ever. Would have loved seeing loudmouth Bradshaw get played as a goat for being a moron and not taking a knee. It didn't work out in the end but Bellichek is a genius for letting NY score there. That's the move you have to make to give your team any chance at all, great call by him on that. I'm sure morons on the booyah network will castrate him for letting a team score, but that is 100% the correct call.

One question that I think is an interesting one, how many rings would Eli have right now if he had ended up in SD like he was supposed to?
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14