SUPER BOWL PREDICTIONS?

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    jimed14 wrote:
    On a personal note, I'm so nervous about this game. Brady & Belichick's legacies hang in the balance. Win this, and they go down as some of the best ever, lose & their careers are marred by so many 'yeah but's....'.
    (last part stolen from Tom Curran's article on CNNNE.com - credit where credit's due)
    Hope my boys can pull it off, go Pats!!

From one Pats fan to another ... this is the biggest load of horsehsit ever. And this isn't directed at you MerkinBaller, but all the pundits and writers with nothing to talk about for the last two weeks needing to define Brady's legacy (or Eli's for that matter).

For Brady, if people are stupid enough to think making 5 superbowls in 10 years (one year, he was out) and *only* winning three is somehow marred by two losses ... they are beyond stupid.

He's a two time MVP, one year throwing 50 TDs and the other becoming the only player in NFL history to win the award unanimously ... read that again, the only player ever to win the MVP unanimously. Neither of those teams from his MVP years won the superbowl, because it's a TEAM game.

He drove them down the field for a lead taking drive in the last superbowl with just about 2 minutes left, he had nothing to do with the miraculous last drive the Giants pulled off ... nor the Giants D-line dominating his O-line that day.

So, if Asante Samuel hangs onto that interception, or Tyree doesn't catch that ball ... Tom's the best ever for going 19-0? Yet, he had nothing to do with that last drive by the Giants. Seems like a ridiculous argument either way to me.

But this shows where we've come as Pats fans in the last 10 years. I mean seriously, before Brady, the greatest Patriot ever was a fucking offensive lineman. (No offense to Hog Hannah lovers, guy was phenomenal.) Now, spoiled with the fact Brady would only be 3-2 in superbowls ... what a marred legacy that is. :roll:

All this "legacy" talk based on what happens in the next 60 minutes of football is so damn short sighted.

Anyway my friend ... enjoy the game ... LET'S GO PATS!!! ... but please, fear not about Brady's legacy.

Well said and I agree 100 percent. But as a Bills fan...fuck Tom Brady! :lol:
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    DS1119 wrote:
    Giants 75
    Patriots 18
    That's a bold prediction!
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • New England 30
    New York 27
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    Giants 38 Pats 24. Gisele couldn't get enough people to pray for Tom :lol:
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    ChrisCanty99 - Chris Canty

Giants 28, NewEngland 17 RT @JasonRomano: Send me your Super Bowl predictions that stink -- Closest (cont)

44 minutes ago
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,082
    edited February 2012
    jimed14:

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but Brady's been nothing more than the best regular season QB in the latter half of his career. I didn't mean to start a debate by bringing up the 'legacy' topic. I'm a fan & I know his place in Canton is already guaranteed (&BB), but I just think it's so crucial for them to get a 4th title tonight. (plus that would mean a 5th title is a possibility for them! I don't think I'm being shortsighted at all about what's at stake!)

Right on DS1119, I'm hoping Tom Brady gives you another huge reason to hate him tonight!!
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    OGT92 wrote:
    pats have big egos? i'll disagree and say the team on the whole is pretty humble and businesslike.
    Yeah I don't get that either. They were the first to come out as a team not as individuals. Wasn't it the Giants that put up the Super Bowl swag on their website or their paper or something?

i get the feeling it's the opposite from last time. seems like the giants are the overconfident team this time around...

Are you kidding? With a 9-7 record it would be stupid to be overconfident. They're not.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    33-27 pats in the first ever super bowl overtime :)
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    DS1119 wrote:
    Giants 75
    Patriots 18
    lol
    DS1119 wrote:
    Giants 75
    Patriots 18
    lol

7 of the Patriots points come in garbage time of the 4th quarter too. :lol:
    jimed14:
    I don't disagree with what you're saying, but Brady's been nothing more than the best regular season QB in the latter half of his career.

In the last 4 seasons he's played ... again, out in 2008 ... Brady will have started in 2 superbowls.

Again, I just feel the bar has been raised unrealistically high.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez

Right on DS1119, I'm hoping Tom Brady gives you another huge reason to hate him tonight!!

Fuck Tom Brady. :lol:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Jeanwah wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:
    Yeah I don't get that either. They were the first to come out as a team not as individuals. Wasn't it the Giants that put up the Super Bowl swag on their website or their paper or something?

i get the feeling it's the opposite from last time. seems like the giants are the overconfident team this time around...

Are you kidding? With a 9-7 record it would be stupid to be overconfident. They're not.

they are over confident and that's pretty much a fact.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jimed14 wrote:

Giants 28, NewEngland 17 RT @JasonRomano: Send me your Super Bowl predictions that stink -- Closest (cont)

44 minutes ago

If that really is Chris Canty...that reeks of over confidence
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Jeanwah wrote:

They are tweeting predictions this morning ... I'd say that's overconfident.
    jimed14 wrote:

44 minutes ago

I mean, of course, every guy in Indy right now, Patriot or Giant, believes their team will win ... but to have the stones to tweet it out? Yeah, I'd say that's overconfident.

• jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14:
    I don't disagree with what you're saying, but Brady's been nothing more than the best regular season QB in the latter half of his career.

In the last 4 seasons he's played ... again, out in 2008 ... Brady will have started in 2 superbowls.

Again, I just feel the bar has been raised unrealistically high.

Absolutely the bar is ridiculously high for them, which is going to happen when you have so much succes so early on in your career. They've become victims to the expectations created by their early wins.

There are not enough words for how much I want a NE win tonight.
    There are not enough words for how much I want a NE win tonight.

At least we agree on that. Cheers!

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Pain
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 24-20 Giants
    Go Birds!!!!
  • 81 wrote:
    Pain

:D:lol:
    81 wrote:
    Pain

clubberlangrocky6555.jpg

• FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    giants 23
    pats 14

1. giants win 8-)
    2. i win a superbowl pool :lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    81 wrote:
    Pain

I thought of this but figured no one would get it!! AWESOME!!!!!! 8-):lol:
  • SOLAT78SOLAT78 Tampa/St Pete Posts: 34
    Giants 38
    Patriots 24

NE goes 0-2 without the help of a video camera.
    92 - St Petersburg
    94 - Miami, St Petersburg
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98- West Palm Beach (both nights)
    00 - West Palm Beach (both nights), Tampa
    03 - West Palm Beach, Orlando, Tampa
    04 - Kissimmee
    08 - West Palm Beach, Tampa
    11 - PJ20 (both nights)
    12 - Pensacola, Clearwater (EV Solo, both nights)
    13 - Wrigley
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Fenway (both nights)
    18 - Wrigley (both nights)
    TBD - Denver
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,534
    Jeanwah wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:

...they are.

;)
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    My Super Bowl prediction is the Browns won't play in one for the next 20 years.

I'll take the over
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    9-7 no, not overconfident. Beating The Falcons, Packers, and Niners in the playoffs then yeah have reason to be overconfident. ;)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Down 17-0 at halftime....rally back to win by 17....41-24 PATRIOTS

They'll play like the look on Joe Patriot....mean and painful in the second half...

228px-New_England_Patriots_logo_old.svg.png

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,534
    g under p wrote:
    Down 17-0 at halftime....rally back to win by 17....41-24 PATRIOTS

They'll play like the look on Joe Patriot....mean and painful in the second half...

228px-New_England_Patriots_logo_old.svg.png

Peace

they are such a 2nd half team...
    www.myspace.com
  • i do not know joe patriot

perhaps you mean pat the patriot?
    uke can save the world