SUPER BOWL PREDICTIONS?

starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I liked the Giants... but the last few days I'm leaning towards the Patriots. No 9-7 team has even won the Super Bowl. I think the GIants super run comes to an end today...

Patriots 28
Giants 20
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Giants 27 Pats 24

Madonna will not have a wardrobe malfunction.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pats in a good game
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    I hate to say this but Giants- 30, Patriots- 24 :? Rooting for the Patriots, but have a feeling the G-men will pull it out. As long as it's a good game i'll be satisfied.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,534
    pats 31
    giants 17
    www.myspace.com
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    pats 31
    giants 17
    :thumbup: :thumbup:
    #FHP
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Pats 28
    Giants 24

It is going to be a great game.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    My Super Bowl prediction is the Browns won't play in one for the next 20 years.

Over/Under on number of times Peyton Manning is shown/mentioned during the game...15
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Patriots 34
    Giants 10

Well, that's what I'm hoping anyway. They got us 4 years ago, so now it's our turn. But their defense is looking really good again and that's scary.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Horos wrote:
    pats 31
    giants 17

pretty good predection
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I always root for the underdog and the Pats (and their fans) have big egos so I'd like to see them get squashed.
    davidtrios wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    pats 31
    giants 17

pretty good predection
    Hoping for:

Giants 35
    Pats 24
    #FHP
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I always root for the underdog and the Pats (and their fans) have big egos so I'd like to see them get squashed.
    :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: F the Pats!!!

Most of the fans just jumped on the bandwagon in the last decade anyway.
    #FHP
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Giants 27
    Pats 14
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,791
    Giants 31
    Pats 27
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Close until the the end of the 3rd

Pats 37
    Giants 24
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pats have big egos? i'll disagree and say the team on the whole is pretty humble and businesslike.
    uke can save the world
    pats have big egos? i'll disagree and say the team on the whole is pretty humble and businesslike.
    Yeah I don't get that either. They were the first to come out as a team not as individuals. Wasn't it the Giants that put up the Super Bowl swag on their website or their paper or something?
    OGT92 wrote:
    pats have big egos? i'll disagree and say the team on the whole is pretty humble and businesslike.
    Yeah I don't get that either. They were the first to come out as a team not as individuals. Wasn't it the Giants that put up the Super Bowl swag on their website or their paper or something?

i get the feeling it's the opposite from last time. seems like the giants are the overconfident team this time around...
    www.myspace.com
  • pats 23 giants 17

and hopefully some funny commercials!! :D

hope everyone has a safe and super sunday!!
    san antonio tx 2003
    austin tx 2009
    EV san antonio tx 2011
    dallas tx 2013
    austin tx 2014

i get the feeling it's the opposite from last time. seems like the giants are the overconfident team this time around...

I would like to hope so, but I'm still a bit nervous. The Giants D looks solid, up front anyway and one mistake can be costly.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    pats 31
    giants 17

Just curious jugs a 14 point victory...is that prediction because of your dislike of the Giants or is their sound reasoning behind such a large victory. I myself hope your right...I see it as a closer game, Pats by 3 or 4.

Not being sarcastic just curious.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Heisenberg wrote:
    My Super Bowl prediction is the Browns won't play in one for the next 20 years.

Over/Under on number of times Peyton Manning is shown/mentioned during the game...15

:lol::lol::lol:

I'll take the over.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Pats, 38-24. Patriots can score in a hurry! Should be a good game until the 2nd half.

Lombardi dedicated to Myra Kraft.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    pats 31
    giants 17

Just curious jugs a 14 point victory...is that prediction because of your dislike of the Giants or is their sound reasoning behind such a large victory. I myself hope your right...I see it as a closer game, Pats by 3 or 4.

i've had money on the giants in 3 of their last 4 games. so i don't bet with my heart. i just think the pats are better and i also think they're motivated from the last defeat.
    www.myspace.com
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    yeah i just changed my mind and like the pats in a semi-boring blow out.

NE 35
    NYG 13
  • Don't want to take the bait & go off on which team's been talking more, or who has the cockier fanbase or any of that, none of it matters.

I think the Pats win 24-23. I think they want it more.

On a personal note, I'm so nervous about this game. Brady & Belichick's legacies hang in the balance. Win this, and they go down as some of the best ever, lose & their careers are marred by so many 'yeah but's....'.
    (last part stolen from Tom Curran's article on CNNNE.com - credit where credit's due)
    Hope my boys can pull it off, go Pats!!
  • Giants 27
    Pats 24
    lukin2006 wrote:
    pats 31
    giants 17

i've had money on the giants in 3 of their last 4 games. so i don't bet with my heart. i just think the pats are better and i also think they're motivated from the last defeat.

If you put money on the game...you definitely don't go by the heart...I agree the Pats are better and seem very business like this time.

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Giants 75
    Patriots 18
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    On a personal note, I'm so nervous about this game. Brady & Belichick's legacies hang in the balance. Win this, and they go down as some of the best ever, lose & their careers are marred by so many 'yeah but's....'.
    (last part stolen from Tom Curran's article on CNNNE.com - credit where credit's due)
    Hope my boys can pull it off, go Pats!!

From one Pats fan to another ... this is the biggest load of horsehsit ever. And this isn't directed at you MerkinBaller, but all the pundits and writers with nothing to talk about for the last two weeks needing to define Brady's legacy (or Eli's for that matter).

For Brady, if people are stupid enough to think making 5 superbowls in 10 years (one year, he was out) and *only* winning three is somehow marred by two losses ... they are beyond stupid.

He's a two time MVP, one year throwing 50 TDs and the other becoming the only player in NFL history to win the award unanimously ... read that again, the only player ever to win the MVP unanimously. Neither of those teams from his MVP years won the superbowl, because it's a TEAM game.

He drove them down the field for a lead taking drive in the last superbowl with just about 2 minutes left, he had nothing to do with the miraculous last drive the Giants pulled off ... nor the Giants D-line dominating his O-line that day.

So, if Asante Samuel hangs onto that interception, or Tyree doesn't catch that ball ... Tom's the best ever for going 19-0? Yet, he had nothing to do with that last drive by the Giants. Seems like a ridiculous argument either way to me.

But this shows where we've come as Pats fans in the last 10 years. I mean seriously, before Brady, the greatest Patriot ever was a fucking offensive lineman. (No offense to Hog Hannah lovers, guy was phenomenal.) Now, spoiled with the fact Brady would only be 3-2 in superbowls ... what a marred legacy that is. :roll:

All this "legacy" talk based on what happens in the next 60 minutes of football is so damn short sighted.

Anyway my friend ... enjoy the game ... LET'S GO PATS!!! ... but please, fear not about Brady's legacy.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez