Need a little help with the fairer sex...

FrankSFrankS Posts: 281
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok so I met this girl Monday at school. We were both waiting for an advisor and I managed to get her number. We texted a little yesterday and today (Not like long conversations or anything, just about classes). When would it be ok to ask if she wants to hang out? For example, I'm done with classes tomorrow at 12:15, but I can't figure out if it'd be too soon to text her something like "hey if you have a break between classes, want to meet up for a bit?"

What do you guys and girls think?

Thank you for any help!
8/23/2009[Chicago], 5/07/2010[Noblesville], 9/3/2011 [PJ20], 9/4/2011 [PJ20], 7/19/2013 [Chicago], 10/17/2014 [Moline], 8/22/2016 [Chicago], 8/18/2018 [Chicago], 8/20/2018 [Chicago]; 9/5/2023 [Chicago]; 9/7/2023 [Chicago]; 8/29/24 [Chicago]; 8/31/24 [Chicago]
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• how old are you?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    how old are you?
    :lol:

I'd wait until next tuesday to ask her out...

Thursdays are bad days to ask girls out....looks deperate
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    how old are you?

43. why do you ask?
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Just play it cool.. let her come to you.. act like you really don't like her or need her.. for some fucked up reason, that works :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Ask her. If she has any interest in you, as friend or more, she will say yes.
  • FrankS wrote:
    Ok so I met this girl Monday at school. We were both waiting for an advisor and I managed to get her number. We texted a little yesterday and today (Not like long conversations or anything, just about classes). When would it be ok to ask if she wants to hang out? For example, I'm done with classes tomorrow at 12:15, but I can't figure out if it'd be too soon to text her something like "hey if you have a break between classes, want to meet up for a bit?"

Thank you for any help!
    Dude, she gave you her number.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    just ask her to hang out whenever you feel comfortable... it's never too soon ;)
    do what Bret Favre would do..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    FrankS wrote:

Thank you for any help!

Too soon. Plan your moves....don't throw the opportunities away without at least some proper forward thought.

She obviously likes you enough to text a few times about classes etc. Do you have classes together? Talk to her there. Find a reason to see her between classes. Keep texting a bit (not TOO much though -- don't look over keen -- that's annoying). Try to sneak in some "non-class" chat into the texts as well. See if she takes the bait and chats back. Ask casual questions in the texts so she HAS to text back and the communication starts flowing. Give it a couple of weeks of her becoming familiar with you and THEN ask her to catch up for whatever reason.

You've got to set the scene first....make her want to go out with you because you're a nice guy, funny, have some similar interests, whatever....not some desperado she barely knows that asks every chick out after a few texts. I'm sure you aren't like that....but does SHE know that? No.

Sure, she might say yes straight away....but there's a good chance she'll also say no....and why risk that? Give it a bit of time....long enough for her to establish a few reasons to say "Yes, why not, he seems pretty cool!" :thumbup:

That's what I'd do anyway. 8-)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Caveeze wrote:
    do what Bret Favre would do..
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    FrankS wrote:

Thank you for any help!

Too soon. Plan your moves....don't throw the opportunities away without at least some proper forward thought.

She obviously likes you enough to text a few times about classes etc. Do you have classes together? Talk to her there. Find a reason to see her between classes. Keep texting a bit (not TOO much though -- don't look over keen -- that's annoying). Try to sneak in some "non-class" chat into the texts as well. See if she takes the bait and chats back. Ask casual questions in the texts so she HAS to text back and the communication starts flowing. Give it a couple of weeks of her becoming familiar with you and THEN ask her to catch up for whatever reason.

You've got to set the scene first....make her want to go out with you because you're a nice guy, funny, have some similar interests, whatever....not some desperado she barely knows that asks every chick out after a few texts. I'm sure you aren't like that....but does SHE know that? No.

Sure, she might say yes straight away....but there's a good chance she'll also say no....and why risk that? Give it a bit of time....long enough for her to establish a few reasons to say "Yes, why not, he seems pretty cool!" :thumbup:

Ziggy is turning into Dear Abby :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Dude, she gave you her number.

That doesn't mean shit. Maybe she gave him her number because he was going to forward on some study notes to her or something? Totally innocent gesture. In today's world, giving a guy your number should not automatically equal a guy thinking you're interested....especially at university etc....I had HEAPS of guy's numbers at uni and vice versa. Totally innocent.

I should start charging for this shit! :lol:
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    I'd say just ask her. Don't play games. (But, then again, I have my own thread asking for dating advice, so what do I know? :lol: ) But I like when guys are just straight up with me. Good luck! :)
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I should start charging for this shit! :lol:

You should!!!!!

Go with what ZiggyStar said..... 100%. It's all about timing!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,213
    I think there's some crucial information missing:

How long did you talk to her originally?
    What did you talk about?
    What were the circumstances around getting her number? ("We should hang out sometime," etc.)
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,213
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    FrankS wrote:

Thank you for any help!

I think it depends on what they talked about and what he said when he got her number. If it was a "we should hang out sometime" kinda situation, he's gotta get to it. Prolonged small talk texting can get you into the friend zone or annoying zone quick if you're not careful.
    Pamela0222 wrote:

You should!!!!!

Yep....it's totally about timing and making the chick feel comfortable enough to want to say yes.

I remember when I sold businesses I'd have clients ask me out at the very first meeting....ahhh no thanks cockhead....I don't even know you. I've also had clients ask me out after a few meetings and if I was single, I would have definitely been more inclined to say yes after I knew them a bit. Getting asked out by someone you don't know or barely know can be off putting and the natural response is to say no straight away. But if you time it right, it can definitely increase the YES response rate.
    pjl44 wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    FrankS wrote:

Thank you for any help!

I think it depends on what they talked about and what he said when he got her number. If it was a "we should hang out sometime" kinda situation, he's gotta get to it. Prolonged small talk texting can get you into the friend zone or annoying zone quick if you're not careful.
    Friend zone is the worst.. make your intent known sooner than later..
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:

You should!!!!!

Yep....it's totally about timing and making the chick feel comfortable enough to want to say yes.

I remember when I sold businesses I'd have clients ask me out at the very first meeting....ahhh no thanks cockhead....I don't even know you. I've also had clients ask me out after a few meetings and if I was single, I would have definitely been more inclined to say yes after I knew them a bit. Getting asked out by someone you don't know or barely know can be off putting and the natural response is to say no straight away. But if you time it right, it can definitely increase the YES response rate.
    but they're college students.... chances are they're just looking to have fun.. nothing serious
  • FrankSFrankS Posts: 281
    15-20 minutes
    anthropology classes and her plans to study abroad with it (i was filling out forms in the anthro dept)
    i asked if i could get her number, she said "like to hang out?" and gave it to me

pjl44 wrote:
    I think there's some crucial information missing:

How long did you talk to her originally?
    What did you talk about?
    What were the circumstances around getting her number? ("We should hang out sometime," etc.)
    8/23/2009[Chicago], 5/07/2010[Noblesville], 9/3/2011 [PJ20], 9/4/2011 [PJ20], 7/19/2013 [Chicago], 10/17/2014 [Moline], 8/22/2016 [Chicago], 8/18/2018 [Chicago], 8/20/2018 [Chicago]; 9/5/2023 [Chicago]; 9/7/2023 [Chicago]; 8/29/24 [Chicago]; 8/31/24 [Chicago]
    pjl44 wrote:

I assumed they were just talking about classes....not hanging out.

Do you really think that you guys get into the "friend zone" because you didn't act quickly enough or in the right way? That if you would have acted in the "right" way, you would have suddenly slipped into "boyfriend zone" or "casual fuck zone" or whatever?

I think you get in the friend zone because the chicks is just not interested in you....and it is totally unrelated to how quickly or slowly you acted or which way you approached her. Just my opinion.
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Wait a little but don't wait too long...learned that from experience... :?
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    conman wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:

You should!!!!!

but they're college students.... chances are they're just looking to have fun.. nothing serious

If that were the case he would have already "sealed" the deal with her. She wouldn't waste his time with random texts. It would have been where and when type talk.
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • FrankS wrote:
    i asked if i could get her number, she said "like to hang out?" and gave it to me

She just asked you to hang out right there..there's nothing to contemplate.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    conman wrote:

Yes, that's very true. I guess college girls are possibly more likely to say yes to a guy they've just met than a normal working chick....maybe....I don't know.
  • FrankSFrankS Posts: 281
    i dont think it was like (do you)"like to hang out?" as much as (you want my number)"like to hang out?"

FrankS wrote:

FrankS wrote:

Oh come on!! We need all the details at the beginning!!

SHE'S KEEN!!! GET ONTO HER!!!

• thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    FrankS wrote:

Oh come on!! We need all the details at the beginning!!

SHE'S KEEN!!! GET ONTO HER!!!

Be warned.....Never listen to Ziggy... :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    thefixer9 wrote:

Be warned.....Never listen to Ziggy... :lol:

:x