Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
edited February 2012 in Lost Dogs
:idea:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I wish I could sign an index card like you can :roll:

C'mon really? What's the point of selling this when you can't prove it was signed. I don't care how good it may look. If it was real, you wouldn't sell it. Who would!?
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    crazypjfan wrote:

C'mon really? What's the point of selling this when you can't prove it was signed. I don't care how good it may look. If it was real, you wouldn't sell it. Who would!?

If you have nothing nice to say, why say anything at all :?
  • Options
    ahill721 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

If you have nothing nice to say, why say anything at all :?

Did you see him sign it? I wasn't being rude, just stating the obvious when looking at autographs. I don't why to see someone pay $250 for a sig on an index card, that's all.

Also, I'm sure Ed signed this (if it is real) just for someone to make a huge profit from their fellow fans. :roll:
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    Classic 91 Ed's signature! I'm not going to mention price but Tony doesn't have a single fake signature, all his stuff is legit.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    Totally legit
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Totally legit
    :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    To fetch that price, I would recommend sending this in to PSA/DNA or JSA for third party authentication from a REPUTABLE company like these 2.
    http://www.psacard.com/services/auto_authentication.chtml
    or
    http://www.spenceloa.com/
  • Options
    And for the record, my brother acquires autographs for a living, and he says it is not far off from some older EV sigs, but he would not buy a "vintage" Eddie signature without a cert from PSA or JSA...
  • Options
    To fetch that price, I would recommend sending this in to PSA/DNA or JSA for third party authentication from a REPUTABLE company like these 2.
    http://www.psacard.com/services/auto_authentication.chtml
    or
    http://www.spenceloa.com/

Sadly REPUTABLE authentication companies are just a joke now :( is better to run it with long time fans
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Who would!?

I would. :)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    crazypjfan wrote:

Did you see him sign it? I wasn't being rude, just stating the obvious when looking at autographs. I don't why to see someone pay $250 for a sig on an index card, that's all.

Also, I'm sure Ed signed this (if it is real) just for someone to make a huge profit from their fellow fans. :roll:

How do you know I'm making a profit on this? Do you know me? Do you know the provenance of this item?

When you listed the billboard print for your "friend", a few weeks after its release, at a flipping price of 400 dollars you didn't seem to have a problem with profits, huh!?!? Personally I don't care who flips what or what people do with their items; It's your life, your items, your time, and your money!...do whatever the heck you want with them! It's none of my business...But please don't come at me with some holier than thou attitude and attempt to burn me/my listing with out even knowing me or asking any questions...
    I'm not looking for conflict or to get into a discussion over this so lets just move on...... I'm just offering an item that I think people on this board might find interesting.

If there is a question simply ask it and let's go from there.
    I don't care how good it may look. If it was real, you wouldn't sell it. Who would!? .......... "crazypjfan"

By the way..... the last item I got signed by Ed was this item.....

I gave it away to a fellow member on this board (no profits / no charge)....apparently I'm not only willing to sell a item, but I'm also willing to give one away...

P.S
    I didn't go looking into your previous posts regarding the Billboard... I was actually trying to buy/trade you/your friend for it (via pm's).....
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    Oooh i remember that! I'm gal for your friend, also I'm very thankful for posters you got me, thanks man. I hope I can return te favor!
    tonifig8 wrote:
    .... the last item I got signed by Ed was this item.....

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/O ... directlink
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507

I gave it away to a fellow member on this board (no profits / no charge)....apparently I'm not only willing to sell a item, but I'm also willing to give one away...

Hey, was this in Santa Barbara last year at the EV solo show? I was there. Were you the lucky fellow at the end of the line? The only one that got an autograph from Eddie? I had my uke, but no dice.
  • Options
    Dude, the billboard poster is authentic and it has proof. Your item here has NO proof. That is my point. People are going to question autographs since they are hard to prove real. Good luck!
    tonifig8 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

How do you know I'm making a profit on this? Do you know me? Do you know the provenance of this item?

When you listed the billboard print for your "friend", a few weeks after its release, at a flipping price of 400 dollars you didn't seem to have a problem with profits, huh!?!? Personally I don't care who flips what or what people do with their items; It's your life, your items, your time, and your money!...do whatever the heck you want with them! It's none of my business...But please don't come at me with some holier than thou attitude and attempt to burn me/my listing with out even knowing me or asking any questions...
    I'm not looking for conflict or to get into a discussion over this so lets just move on...... I'm just offering an item that I think people on this board might find interesting.

If there is a question simply ask it and let's go from there.
    I don't care how good it may look. If it was real, you wouldn't sell it. Who would!? .......... "crazypjfan"

P.S
    I didn't go looking into your previous posts regarding the Billboard... I was actually trying to buy/trade you/your friend for it (via pm's).....
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,604
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Dude, the billboard poster is authentic and it has proof. Your item here has NO proof. That is my point. People are going to question autographs since they are hard to prove real. Good luck!

There's nothing wrong with questioning autographs, but to add an element of disrespectful tone in a thread created by a reliable source and respected collector that many of us in the small-ish bubble of collecting/obtaining/documenting legitimate examples of PJ signatures know to be a stand-up guy isn't warranted. If you don't agree with the man's methods/terms/objectives you are entitled to your opinions; however, you could have at least inquired about the item/signature you were bashing to at least educate yourself with some facts before blindingly criticizing the signature's validity.

What's ultimately most ironic is that, as you said so yourself, "people are going to question autographs since they are hard to prove real." What you may not realize is that in today's digital age in little to no time at all people are creating and selling fake signatures with PSA/DNA authentication and unsuspecting PJ enthusiasts/collectors are purchasing them because they take comfort in the "authentication" when in reality on a forum such as this and/or by inquiring with fellow devoted fans many have obtained legitimate, authentic PJ signatures for far cheaper and with zero risk. The OP is one of those legitimate, cheaper sources one can take comfort in dealing with.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    When I see people jumping on threads selling high end items, and complaining or calling them out, I usually put it down to jealousy. You can be guaranteed these people wouldn't do this or be so high horsed about it if they owned whatever it is and were looking to sell it.

it's his stuff, he has a good reputation and can ask for whatever he wants for it. Get over it.
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    I will have to say that after attempting to purchase a PJ signed guitar and posting pictures on here I would much rather have fellow 10c members authenticate signatures that companies. UNLESS there is a picture of them signing the item. I have no doubt that the item in "question" is 100% legit due to the collecting history, of which I was given a lesson in when tonifig8 helped me in NOT buying the guitar. I am sure this thread will be locked unless it takes a nicer turn. Let's keep it cordial and helpful!!! On a more awesome note, I am only a few days away from receiving 2 signed pictures from EV from a personal friend that just spent the week with EV. These I KNOW are legit and I will post pictures of those upon obtaining them. I am so excited.
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    When I see people jumping on threads selling high end items, and complaining or calling them out, I usually put it down to jealousy.

That must be it! ;)
  • Options

STRANGE, that uke alone is about $200, unsigned...who would give that away for free???? Additionally, I have been in front of ED 7 times since 2008 solo tour, and he has refused to sign any ukes or guitars EVERY time, though he has signed a couple records for me, and gave me a pick out of his pocket...
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

You haven't asked me for proof or provenance of my item...you just attacked my listing with out knowing anything about it.... And I wasn't questioning the billboard
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I don't why to see someone pay $250 for a sig on an index card, that's all.

It simply seems to me that your sol purpose for posting on this thread is to make sure no one buys my item. I don't know why if I don't know you and you don't know anything about my item. It just doesn't make sense to me.... Oh well... I'm moving on.

thanks,
  • Options
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk9/flyinwhole313/Autos%20and%20such/e96f3ec2.jpg
    My hangup is that I know signatures change over time, but the strangest thing about these signatures you are showing is the SIZE. This is a sig I got personally from Ed in 2008.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    fanofzs wrote:

Hey, was this in Santa Barbara last year at the EV solo show? I was there. Were you the lucky fellow at the end of the line? The only one that got an autograph from Eddie? I had my uke, but no dice.

Yup! I remember you and your Uke...Man that was a rough night! I think we were there in the freezing cold till about 3am... Everyone was losing hope and leaving, I didn't blame them cause the conditions were horrible. I was about to leave myself, but after trying to get it signed 5 or 6 times and failing, I couldn't just give up and walk away on my last opportunity... Actually two items were signed that night... a guitar we took and the Uke. The guitar was signed a little before Ed got to you... I have video of it all, but it's poor quality. The audio is fantastic! However that's private and I wont post it here. Every time I listen/watch it I get the chills.... probably the most special moment in my pj career. I just got lucky cause Ed wasn't signing ...

I think there were about 3-5 total Uke's signed that tour.... He signed 1 in LA and I have a source who says 1 was signed on the East cost. Ed simply wasn't signing anything after the shows.... The only people who were getting consistent signatures were people who had VIP passes. I met a few of them after the shows and they showed me some nice signed items. I was even able to may a connection with one guy who later sold me things.
    Sorry you weren't able to get your Uke signed- Hopefully you can get it signed on the next time around. Maybe we can hook up on the next west coast tour ....
  • Options
    And for the record, I would absolutely buy a signature on an index card. You can frame that up with any photograph you have, and change the photo up whenever you get tired of it. I think it is a great medium.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

STRANGE, that uke alone is about $200, unsigned...who would give that away for free???? Additionally, I have been in front of ED 7 times since 2008 solo tour, and he has refused to sign any ukes or guitars EVERY time, though he has signed a couple records for me, and gave me a pick out of his pocket...

The Uke is now a part of an amazing collection! One of the best collections I've seen... it was for the son of a member on this board, so I know the Uke will be appreciated for generations to come. :P
    I've given away a few sigs and a few other items to members on this board.... But I've also sold many items at high prices.... I sell things at what I believe is a good price. Sometimes I make profits off of my stuff other times I don't.... but at the end of the day it's my stuff and I'll do whatever I want with them... that shouldn't make me more or less of a fan... I've been donating my money to this band for over 17 years (since I was a kid) and I don't care how they spend my money, it's their business....

In 08 I was also lucky enough to meet Ed several times... but most of those times I wasn't trying to get a sig I just wanted to say thanks and greet the guy....This last tour he wasn't signing anything on the West Coast, however he was being great about greeting fans after the shows (if you were willing to wait around 5hrs or so) :lol: :thumbup: .. I just got lucky and it took me about 5 shows to finally get something signed....maybe he just got tired of seeing my face... sorry :oops:
  • Options
    And for the record, I would absolutely buy a signature on an index card. You can frame that up with any photograph you have, and change the photo up whenever you get tired of it. I think it is a great medium.

Yup... I'd buy anything that I believed to be authentic...the provenance and the person you are dealing with is key (in my opinion)... I had used this note card and guitar pick as part of a custom piece I had designed. It looked great and I enjoyed it so much, but now it's time for it to find a new home....

Your ITW album looks sweet.... are you planning on framing it? or doing anything with it?

I've seen a lot of custom pieces with signed albums and they turn out amazing! It just cost an arm and a leg to frame up because of the sizes involved...
  • Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    Yup! I remember you and your Uke...Man that was a rough night! I think we were there in the freezing cold till about 3am... Everyone was losing hope and leaving, I didn't blame them cause the conditions were horrible. I was about to leave myself, but after trying to get it signed 5 or 6 times and failing, I couldn't just give up and walk away on my last opportunity... Actually two items were signed that night... a guitar we took and the Uke. The guitar was signed a little before Ed got to you... I have video of it all, but it's poor quality. The audio is fantastic! However that's private and I wont post it here. Every time I listen/watch it I get the chills.... probably the most special moment in my pj career. I just got lucky cause Ed wasn't signing ...

I think there were about 3-5 total Uke's signed that tour.... He signed 1 in LA and I have a source who says 1 was signed on the East cost. Ed simply wasn't signing anything after the shows.... The only people who were getting consistent signatures were people who had VIP passes. I met a few of them after the shows and they showed me some nice signed items. I was even able to may a connection with one guy who later sold me things.
    Sorry you weren't able to get your Uke signed- Hopefully you can get it signed on the next time around. Maybe we can hook up on the next west cost tour ....

It was rough but so worth it. It was much more intimate than LA. Remember meeting the director of the "Can't Keep" music video? My wife and I recollect often. Ed's such a great guy. Hopefully we can see him in Ft. Lauderdale.

Hey, can you see/hear my wife and I in any of your recordings? ;)

See you on the west coast...
  • Options
    Yeah I remember the guy..... He was telling some good story's and he was also loaded, which made it even more entertaining! haha....
    Good luck in FL....Say Hello to Jose for me! ;) my best advise would be for you to position yourself in a good spot or pay a little kid to hold the Uke for you! hahaha

I'll send you the link when I get to my PC.
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    For what it's worth I would personally feel much more comfortable buying an autographed anything from Tony (and a select few others here) anyday over buying an auto from anywhere else, PSA or not. That PSA can be just as fake as the autograph.

Look through a persons post history. You can learn alot.

I have bought from him in the past and will again in the future with the utmost confidence.

And instead of simply calling this item out, why not take the time to pm, ask questions, ask others, maybe get to know him a bit and how and why he got this item. I guarantee he'd be more then happy to help.

Questioning it is ok, but that's just it. Question it, ask him about it...with respect, that's all.
  • Options
    Thanks Guys.

Weekend Bump
  • Options
    Still Available... Final Bump.