Options

*** OFFICIAL EV VEGAS PRE-PARTY 10/31 & 11/1!***

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    by the way, if you see a 6'4 guy with long hair and a beard falling down drunk, please just toss him in a cab and send him to the Rio across the street , thanks in advance :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
    my2hands wrote:
    by the way, if you see a 6'4 guy with long hair and a beard falling down drunk, please just toss him in a cab and send him to the Rio across the street , thanks in advance :mrgreen:

you're TALL!
    You're a whole foot and 3 inches taller than me.. :o
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    Will anybody be bringing a poster tube?? Are we allowed to bring poster tubes into the venue? =/
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
  • Options
    Will anybody be bringing a poster tube?? Are we allowed to bring poster tubes into the venue? =/

I can find out for us. I was wondering this the other day, and was just hoping that maybe they'll be selling the tubes there. Well, before submitting this post, I just called them. The first girl had no clue, so I had her transfer me to a manager. The manager said no, they are not allowed. She also said they most likely will not be sold at the stand inside either due to this. But, she did say that there is a re-entry exit where you'd get your ticket scanned out, allowing you to take the poster to a tube in your car or hotel room. You would then just get your ticket scanned back in to return. So, if anyone is planning to arrive to the show via taxi, walking, bus, etc. and doesn't have a room at the Palms, and would need a secure place to store their poster, I am willing to keep your poster in my ride. I will definitely be buying one. You can PM me if you're really worried and want to exchange #s and have me do this for you. Or just see me at the pre-party and all who are interested, we can organize a poster stocking session into my trunk at a set time. The show starts at 8 with Galway Glen, so I imagine that the doors would be at 7. So, perhaps we could make it a 7:15 time to meet and secure the poster tubes. Maybe mark each one to know who's is who. Here is the Pearl's phone # and email if anyone else wants to contact them with any questions.

702-944-3200
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@palms.com">info@palms.com</a><!-- e -->

~B
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options

I can find out for us. I was wondering this the other day, and was just hoping that maybe they'll be selling the tubes there. Well, before submitting this post, I just called them. The first girl had no clue, so I had her transfer me to a manager. The manager said no, they are not allowed. She also said they most likely will not be sold at the stand inside either due to this. But, she did say that there is a re-entry exit where you'd get your ticket scanned out, allowing you to take the poster to a tube in your car or hotel room. You would then just get your ticket scanned back in to return. So, if anyone is planning to arrive to the show via taxi, walking, bus, etc. and doesn't have a room at the Palms, and would need a secure place to store their poster, I am willing to keep your poster in my ride. I will definitely be buying one. You can PM me if you're really worried and want to exchange #s and have me do this for you. Or just see me at the pre-party and all who are interested, we can organize a poster stocking session into my trunk at a set time. The show starts at 8 with Galway Glen, so I imagine that the doors would be at 7. So, perhaps we could make it a 7:15 time to meet and secure the poster tubes. Maybe mark each one to know who's is who. Here is the Pearl's phone # and email if anyone else wants to contact them with any questions.

702-944-3200

~B

You are awesome! Thank you for checking with The Palms, and YES I would definitely like to store a tube in your car until after the show!
  • Options
    gerald605gerald605 Posts: 173

702-944-3200

~B

Strangers storing their tubes in your trunk???...like they say "Whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"....
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    Not For YouNot For You Posts: 360
    My wife and I will be there!!
    Walks on his own... With thoughts he can't help thinking...
  • Options

702-944-3200

~B
    I just emailed the hotel to ask the same question. We're staying at Planet Hollywood, and I don't particularly want to haul a tube from Vancouver to Vegas then carry it around with me all day before the show.
    Maybe if we all email and beg for understanding they will allow tubes to be sold at the show.
    Vancouver May 04-24
    Vancouver Dec 04-13, Seattle Dec 06-2013
    Vancouver Sep 25-11, Vancouver Sep 25-09, Vancouver Sep 02-05, Vancouver May 30-03, Vancouver Jul 19-98, Vancouver Sep 04-93

• Options
    gerald605 wrote:

702-944-3200

~B

Strangers storing their tubes in your trunk???...like they say "Whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"....

hahaha. Now that's some funny shit right there. And I liked your Loose Caboose photo on the water too.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options

702-944-3200

~B
    I just emailed the hotel to ask the same question. We're staying at Planet Hollywood, and I don't particularly want to haul a tube from Vancouver to Vegas then carry it around with me all day before the show.
    Maybe if we all email and beg for understanding they will allow tubes to be sold at the show.

I doubt an email campaign would get them to budge on their policy. I explained to the manager at the Pearl that Ed was likely to have nice posters for sale, but she was certain that sales of the tubes wouldn't be allowed. Now, of course, it's possible she's dead wrong, don't know shit and they might be there for sale at the stand after all, who knows? But in terms of bringing one from Vancouver, definitely no need to do that. There's a million postal stores, Wal-Marts, Targets and other stores that will have them for sale around town. (If you need help with an address on exactly where to buy one, you can let me know). Just buy one when you're here. And if you want, just grab it from your room when you're on your way to the show. You then can feel free to store it with me until the doors open and you go in to buy one. Then meet up with me to store it for the show.
  • Options
    ~B[/quote]
    Maybe if we all email and beg for understanding they will allow tubes to be sold at the show.[/quote]

I doubt an email campaign would get them to budge on their policy. I explained to the manager at the Pearl that Ed was likely to have nice posters for sale, but she was certain that sales of the tubes wouldn't be allowed. Now, of course, it's possible she's dead wrong, don't know shit and they might be there for sale at the stand after all, who knows? But in terms of bringing one from Vancouver, definitely no need to do that. There's a million postal stores, Wal-Marts, Targets and other stores that will have them for sale around town. (If you need help with an address on exactly where to buy one, you can let me know). Just buy one when you're here. And if you want, just grab it from your room when you're on your way to the show. You then can feel free to store it with me until the doors open and you go in to buy one. Then meet up with me to store it for the show.[/quote]

Thanks, might take you up on your offer (you may have a very full car).
    We won't have a car and last time I was there I never saw one Target or Walmart etc. on the strip!
    Vancouver May 04-24
    Vancouver Dec 04-13, Seattle Dec 06-2013
    Vancouver Sep 25-11, Vancouver Sep 25-09, Vancouver Sep 02-05, Vancouver May 30-03, Vancouver Jul 19-98, Vancouver Sep 04-93

• Options
    Thanks, might take you up on your offer (you may have a very full car).
    We won't have a car and last time I was there I never saw one Target or Walmart etc. on the strip![/quote]

No problem, I'd be glad too. I'll keep my trunk empty, haha. No, of course no Target or Wal-Mart on the Strip, but there are some Walgreens and postal stores on the Strip that may have them for sale, otherwise a short cab ride from the Strip could get you to a Wal-Mart, a Target or any other place that might sell them. Or reached by cheaper means with the public CTA buses. The double decker bus The Deuce is only $2 up and down the Strip I think and could get you to a postal store that might have them for sale.
  • Options
    gerald605gerald605 Posts: 173
    Since there is in/out entry, is it possible to store them with a coat check within the hotel? Or with their concierge?
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    gerald605 wrote:

This little diddy should not go unnoticed. :lol: :thumbup: :clap:
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

702-944-3200

~B

that is very nice of you! if i score a tube out there and a poster i may have to take advantage of this offer. either way, it is appreciated. good stuff!
  • Options
    Not For YouNot For You Posts: 360
    Paul from New Jersey (Cherry Hill)
    Walks on his own... With thoughts he can't help thinking...
  • Options
    gerald605 wrote:
    Since there is in/out entry, is it possible to store them with a coat check within the hotel? Or with their concierge?

Yeah, I'll bet you could, though they may ask if you're staying there. And of course you should tip a couple bones.
  • Options
    gerald605 wrote:

Yeah, I'll bet you could, though they may ask if you're staying there. And of course you should tip a couple bones.

Will we have to tip you? OR we can just all get you a drink, you'll be super toasted! :lol:
  • Options
    gerald605 wrote:

Will we have to tip you? OR we can just all get you a drink, you'll be super toasted! :lol:

HaHa! Of course not, no tip for me, though I've never turned down a free drink, ha. But, no, please don't feel obligated to do that.
  • Options
    OK Gang, so here's an update. I just called my contact there at the Loose Caboose to let him know to expect a party storm crashin his joint. When I visited with him a while back, he had said that he might be able to offer us some specials. He's going to talk with his food and drink distributors and get back to me next week. The prices there are already pretty good, such as PBR drafts for 3 bones, and the well drinks being of a better quality like bacardi for the rum etc. But he is going to offer us some pretty nice deals. I told him if we'd be ordering food at all that we'd all be doing it on our own. The menu prices are already very decent as is the food there. He said if we wanted to do party platters that feed 12 or 25 with a slew of wings, taquitos etc. just to let him know. I know some of you are coming with your own party crews and may want to consider this option to save bizzows. I told him at first that I expected 50 or so of us party freaks. But as the list on the first post of this thread grows, it could grow upwards of 150 to 200. I told him that it most likely looks like at the very least 100 of us showing. I told him he needs to turn the muzak in the day off and the juke on, and make sure we're able to pump it. He said, "You wanna add more rap?" haha. I said, well, no, I think you're gonna want to set it to rock n roll mode and he said ok that he would. I asked that he have Ed's albums and a bunch of PJ and he said he would look into it. Also due to the amount of us, he's not going to do any set wrist band or IDing that you're with our group, so that should make it smooth and easy. He's calling me back next week and I will update with what his specials will be. Now, again, I ask you....who the fuck's ready?!?!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited March 2012
    OK Gang, so here's an update. I just called my contact there at the Loose Caboose to let him know to expect a party storm crashin his joint. When I visited with him a while back, he had said that he might be able to offer us some specials. He's going to talk with his food and drink distributors and get back to me next week. The prices there are already pretty good, such as PBR drafts for 3 bones, and the well drinks being of a better quality like bacardi for the rum etc. But he is going to offer us some pretty nice deals. I told him if we'd be ordering food at all that we'd all be doing it on our own. The menu prices are already very decent as is the food there. He said if we wanted to do party platters that feed 12 or 25 with a slew of wings, taquitos etc. just to let him know. I know some of you are coming with your own party crews and may want to consider this option to save bizzows. I told him at first that I expected 50 or so of us party freaks. But as the list on the first post of this thread grows, it could grow upwards of 150 to 200. I told him that it most likely looks like at the very least 100 of us showing. I told him he needs to turn the muzak in the day off and the juke on, and make sure we're able to pump it. He said, "You wanna add more rap?" haha. I said, well, no, I think you're gonna want to set it to rock n roll mode and he said ok that he would. I asked that he have Ed's albums and a bunch of PJ and he said he would look into it. Also due to the amount of us, he's not going to do any set wrist band or IDing that you're with our group, so that should make it smooth and easy. He's calling me back next week and I will update with what his specials will be. Now, again, I ask you....who the fuck's ready?!?!

MAMASAN BREN ROCKS!!!

Thanks so much for setting up this PARTY!!!

I'M READY FOR VEGAS!!!! :ugeek:
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Have 2 singles for 4/11 show. PM me. Face Value
  • Options

YEAH!!! You're awesome!! Thanks for doing all of this! Let us know if we can do anything to help! :D
  • Options
    grungegirlgrungegirl Posts: 138

I am so ready!!! Just got home from a not so great day at work and am totally looking forward to it :) Thanks for setting it up!
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011

Right on! :D

Anything I can do, let me know - I'll PM you my cell #. I'll have my 17 year old son in tow, and next day is a school day for him, so won't be able to hang out too late after the show - but we'll definitely be at the pre-party, probably around 5pm or so.

I also called Loose Caboose last week to mention I was coming to the pre-party and to ask if minors were allowed. They have a dining area with tables, so my son we'll be restricted to that area - just in case anyone else has under 21 guests with them. By the sounds of things, we'll be partying in every corner of the place anyway!

Is there going to be a Wishlist fundraiser at all?
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    csblake111csblake111 Posts: 147
    Thanks for all your work Mamasan Bren! You're awesome! I'm so looking forward to this!! :D
  • Options
    No problem guys. It's gonna be a blast. No, I didn't set it up as a Wishlist fundraiser per se, but I am going to raise some funds for Boys Town Nevada. One 10 Clubber, Karen (repunzel) has already sent me a ticket that we're going to auction off for anyone who needs one that night with the proceeds going to Boys Town Nevada. It's possible there may be one or more tickets that we'll also auction off. We'll probably do this at 6pm so that those that need one can know whether they've got one, and for those that want to get over to the Palms early if they want. Again, with the show starting at 8, I'm pretty sure the doors will be at 7.

Here's Boystown Nevada's About Us:

Boys Town Nevada opened its doors in 1991, bringing an innovative approach to child and family care to those in need in the Las Vegas area. The site has five Treatment Family HomesSM, where boys and girls learn valuable skills that give them a foundation for a brighter future. The site’s Integrated Continuum of Care also offers In-Home Family ServicesSM, and Community Support ServicesSM. The latter level of care includes Common Sense Parenting® classes and the Boys Town Behavioral Network, an internal team of program professionals who provide individualized treatment recommendations for children referred to Boys Town Nevada. These services and programs touch the lives of 20,000 children and families in Nevada each year.

Boys Town Nevada is headquartered in Las Vegas.

And here's their website:
    http://www.boystown.org/nevada
  • Options
    jweyersjweyers Lincoln,NE Posts: 364
    If anyone needs a pair together for Wed night, I would sell for $150. Section 303 row J. I paid $187, but need to sell....Thanks
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011

Anything I can do, let me know - I'll PM you my cell #. I'll have my 17 year old son in tow, and next day is a school day for him, so won't be able to hang out too late after the show - but we'll definitely be at the pre-party, probably around 5pm or so.

I also called Loose Caboose last week to mention I was coming to the pre-party and to ask if minors were allowed. They have a dining area with tables, so my son we'll be restricted to that area - just in case anyone else has under 21 guests with them. By the sounds of things, we'll be partying in every corner of the place anyway!

Oh yeah - I guess I should mention I only have tickets for 4/11, so that will be the night I'll be at pre-party...not able to go 4/10.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463

Oh yeah - I guess I should mention I only have tickets for 4/11, so that will be the night I'll be at pre-party...not able to go 4/10.
    And you call yourself a fan? Sheesh! :lol: