Options

You look so precious

2»

Comments

• Options
    According to the LA Times, "a former student of Berndt said the school was informed about Berndt's unusual behavior two decades ago, but did nothing about it."

This make me ill. I cant even read it without being completely disgusted and saddened. Then I see a article that 500 sexual abuse claims against the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.

You take a fragile child and scar and fuck them up for life. Then we wonder about social problems.
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    this is a very sad thread. I'm sorry for the children that experienced abuse at school.
    Teachers are supposed to keep kids safe.

Hi Hedonist. This is the first time I've seen you post in probably years :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Apparently now a third teacher at the school is involved? She'd help to provide "food" for the monsters.

So they're switching out the teachers there, bringing in a new crew. Has to be confusing for the little ones...and who's to say there aren't sick fucks in there too?

Not damning them all, but I couldn't help think "meet the new staff, same as the old staff"

(hello back, iluvcats!)
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    This story and other peoples stories makes me so sad.I can't tolerate why these events keep happening time and again.
    I went to school with a kid from a really troubled background,he was a wild kid and a handful for the teachers but he was also sweet gentle natured and funny.The reputation of his families name preceded him throughout his childhood.
    When changing in gym class one day he was covered in bruises,welts and burns.In front of the class the teacher asked him how he got the mark,the kid said his stepdad had beat him the previous night,burned him with cigarettes and threw him out the house,he had slept under the house that night.The teacher didn't believe him instead he beat him with a rope for lying.The teacher who should have been there to report what the kid had said and file a child protection concern only served to beat this kid more.
    This was in the mid 70's I so wish for a day when everyone in society takes personal responsibility for protecting kids.
    Society is already feeling the immense pressure of abused damaged children growing up to adulthood ill-equipped for life and living productively in society.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”