• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    81 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    :|

nothing exciting huh?

not at that joint.

glad you liked it.....i'd have to have said "i told you so" :P

:lol: No need for that. Have you been there before?
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    capn crucnch

Excellent choice :thumbup:
    But I myself am going with the stuffed chicken boobies and pasta
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Threw a few potatoes, and some deliciously-seasoned boneless chicken breasts into the slow cooker.

Gotta love the slow-cooker!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sheila0225 wrote:

nope. i'm not seafood person...so no need to go...but there reviews were to mixed for me...plus we are much more likely to go to whole foods, pick up some meat and grill out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

nope. i'm not seafood person...so no need to go...but there reviews were to mixed for me...plus we are much more likely to go to whole foods, pick up some meat and grill out.

I heart whole foods. :mrgreen: Only time I eat seafood is if I go out for it. Otherwise, I don't make it at home. My boys don't eat it so it's a treat for me to go out and get it. And I think it depends on who is doing the reviewing. Expectations are sometimes set really high before they even get there and then they go in and it's shit.
    sheila0225 wrote:
    I heart whole foods. :mrgreen: Only time I eat seafood is if I go out for it. Otherwise, I don't make it at home. My boys don't eat it so it's a treat for me to go out and get it. And I think it depends on who is doing the reviewing. Expectations are sometimes set really high before they even get there and then they go in and it's shit.

that's fair on the review side....but at the same time...there were a number that had said they went numerous times and it went down hill. i dunno...so as long as you had a good time...

i don't each my seafood, but the gf does. so she gets fish or whatever, and i get steak or whatever...and just toss em both on the grill....no problem.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Does anyone ever cook roasts in their slow cooker?

It is very easy, but the meat often times comes out stringy!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

no :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I do this at least four times a week. I love my slow cooker. Throw it all in there the night before...take it out in the morning and let it cook all day and by the time I get home from work with my kids...dinner is ready.

I just started doing soups in there....and holy hell....it's amazing. :D
  • i wish was coco nut
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i wish was coco nut
    :lol::lol::lol: Don't we all

one track mind today?
    sheila0225 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I do this at least four times a week. I love my slow cooker. Throw it all in there the night before...take it out in the morning and let it cook all day and by the time I get home from work with my kids...dinner is ready.

I have tried broiling the meat for a bit after I slow cook it, but it still doesn't taste the same as oven-cooked meat. I reckon it is a trade-off.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I have tried broiling the meat for a bit after I slow cook it, but it still doesn't taste the same as oven-cooked meat. I reckon it is a trade-off.

Have you tried browning it before throwing it in the slowcooker?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    i wish was coco nut

one track mind today?
    shit....i have the taste...just infront of me... :shock:
    ok,,ill wait for the next family dinner.. :shock: :lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Have you tried browning it before throwing it in the slowcooker?

Never thunk of that! :D

I will try it next time! If it works, I will probably start eating more red meat, so thanks for the high cholesterol! :lol:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Yeah it is....depends on what you are going after. I don't mind it falling apart. But I don't cook all my meats in there. There are some that just taste better in the oven
    sheila0225 wrote:
    i wish was coco nut

one track mind today?
    shit....i have the taste...just infront of me... :shock:
    ok,,ill wait for the next family dinner.. :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: I'm sure that will go over well. :lol: I see shades of red happening.
    I just started doing soups in there....and holy hell....it's amazing. :D[/quote]

I have tried broiling the meat for a bit after I slow cook it, but it still doesn't taste the same as oven-cooked meat. I reckon it is a trade-off.[/quote]

Yeah it is....depends on what you are going after. I don't mind it falling apart. But I don't cook all my meats in there. There are some that just taste better in the oven[/quote]

I always seem to have trouble cooking meat in the oven. The last time I tried cooking prime rib and Yorkshire pudding at home, the haze of smoke triggered the smoke alarms! :(
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I have tried broiling the meat for a bit after I slow cook it, but it still doesn't taste the same as oven-cooked meat. I reckon it is a trade-off.[/quote]

Yeah it is....depends on what you are going after. I don't mind it falling apart. But I don't cook all my meats in there. There are some that just taste better in the oven[/quote]

I always seem to have trouble cooking meat in the oven. The last time I tried cooking prime rib and Yorkshire pudding at home, the haze of smoke triggered the smoke alarms! :([/quote]

what are you doing to you meats? I found that you sometimes have to have some kind of liquid in the bottom.
  • think I'll make soup. i've a ton of veggies in the fridge. and some bulgarian sheep feta, which is great sprinkled on top of veggie soup.
    Into the Wild Things
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I made pork chops, roasted red skin potatos, veggies and for dessert fruit with vanilla ice cream....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    sheila0225 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I always seem to have trouble cooking meat in the oven. The last time I tried cooking prime rib and Yorkshire pudding at home, the haze of smoke triggered the smoke alarms! :([/quote]

what are you doing to you meats? I found that you sometimes have to have some kind of liquid in the bottom.[/quote]

Duly noted....perhaps some water will prevent the splatter of the drippings.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I'm going with pasta tonight. I always make meatballs and throw them in the freezer so I can take out just what I need for a meal. So ziti with sauce and meatballs, garlic bread and a salad. Also made a big salad for my lunch tomorrow at the same time so no chopping in the morning :D
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Broccoli, rice, and cheese=D
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    Tonight was a salad with grilled chicken and other veggies. Topped with a raspberry balsamic vinegar dressing. Yummy. Dessert was banana ice cream. Delish. :mrgreen:
  • ned to cook for lunch first..if and when i arrive back.,..
    I'm thinking grilled chicken bruschetta over quinoa with some grilled asparagus drizzled with grapeseed oil, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    I'm thinking grilled chicken bruschetta over quinoa with some grilled asparagus drizzled with grapeseed oil, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
    :faint:
    GoiMTvP.gif