How many times have you gone to court

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
just once....to fight a parking ticket....

i won the case....mostley because the cop didn't show...but i was prepared....had my evidence.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    For myself- probably 12. Once for a ticket so I could get driving school instead of paying and it going on my insurance. It was online, free, and took me half an hour. All of the other ones were for protesting. All of those charges were eventually dismissed. :mrgreen:

For work- several hundred.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Just d once. Went to help a friend out and it was a complete farce, waste of tax payers money. The Muppet show would have d same sort of characters there.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    2 or 3 times, i think...
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Once for traffic court
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    lots
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Once for a ticket...

Twice for Jury Duty...

Once to pick up a stenographer for a date :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    just once....to fight a parking ticket....

i won the case....mostly because the cop didn't show...but i was prepared....had my evidence.

fixed
  • 7-8 times? I had numerous run ins with johnnie law when younger but had no convictions!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    went to small claims court when I sued an ex-girlfriend. I loaned her money, but after she dumped me, she claimed it was a gift!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,917
    I used to own a corduroy suit :shock:

my mom called it my "court suit".....because that's what I used it for :lol:

I still only own one suit, but it's pretty nice...the wedding/funeral/christmas party suit.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    imalive wrote:

I still only own one suit, but it's pretty nice...the wedding/funeral/christmas party suit.

or, a law suit, if you will! ;)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    harold-ramis-stripes-8.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    imalive wrote:

or, a law suit, if you will! ;)

boooooooo

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    3 times

1-fight a ticket
    1-file an anti-stalking/harassment order
    1-summons to get anti-stalking/harassment order in place (basically small claims court)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Never....
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    zilch
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    This seems to tie in to the skeletons in your closet thread...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I have never stepped foot into a courtroom. I have yet to be summoned for jury duty in my life, and have not committed a crime (better yet, been caught doing so) that would put me there.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I have never stepped foot into a courtroom. I have yet to be summoned for jury duty in my life, and have not committed a crime (better yet, been caught doing so) that would put me there.

I predict that within the next few weeks you're gonna get a summons for jury duty...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I predict that within the next few weeks you're gonna get a summons for jury duty...

I'm up for it. It's a new experience, and it'll get me a paid day off of work without using PTO. Bring it on.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,195
    Ok way back in the day mid 80's i had to answer for 15 or so tickets from people who had the same name as me this is when we didn't have pict licenses so me being jose morales here in NY where there is like 300k jose morales , i had to appear in court to clear my name i got off every single ticket as soon as the cop looked at me he would state that's not the guy i pulled over ...But it still sucked to have to appear in courts all over the three borroughs here thank god for pict id ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    edited January 2012
    for myself
    once in the early 90s for accident..not my fault
    once, twice, and three times again recently, for car accident...again not my fault but turns out my DL was expired ( :roll: geez) but i made out OK
    once in the late 70s because i was living in a house (communal) where someone was in the business of keeping the locals in stems and seeds (the NJ state police found it necessary to kick down the doors, inside and out, and drag us all naked, half-naked, asleep or not in the middle of the night, outside, line us up on our knees in the back yard and proceed to beat the hell out of all the males, some ending up hospitalized, one in particular with a fractured skull....handy 5 lb steel police flashlights are apparently deadly)
    once in the early 80s, after being pulled over after i picked up a hitchhiker outside of town that the cops were looking for (they saw him get into my car and thought i knew him)
    once sorry to say just last year, for not remembering to pay a ticket (a whole slew of cops even came to the door like i was on the most wanted list, handcuffed me and took me away in a police car, in broad daylight...at the amusement of the entire neighborhood....then i had to wait for bail hearing..thankfully at the courthouse and not in jail..whewweww..talk about EMBARRASSING!! OMG :roll: :o :shock: )
    once or twice over the years to fight a traffic ticket or two
    once when i was way lots younger and way more stupid for errr....umm.....holding on to some of those stems and seeds for a boyfriend when we got pulled over on our harley(some bf huh?)
    once or twice in domestic court bc of my a$$wipe ex-husband
    several times in family court over the years....child support, visitation, etc.
    oh yeah and several times to testify in a long, drawn out case after a guy in a car hit my husband (on his moto guzzi) head-on at about 50 mph and nearly killed him

wow that's a lot more than i thought it would be

can you believe it? lil "old" me?

for work:
    countless times (as an advocate working with families of troubled kids)

geez i'm embarrassed of myself sometimes :roll: :mrgreen:
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :shock: :shock:
    StillHere wrote:
    for myself
    once, twice, and three times again recently, for car accident...again not my fault but turns out my DL was expired ( :roll: geez) but i made out OK
    oncein the late 70s because i was living in a house (communal) where someone was in the business of keeping the locals in stems and seeds (the NJ state police found it necessary to kick down the doors, inside and out, and drag us all naked, half-naked, asleep or not in the middle of the night, outside, line us up on our knees in the back yard and proceed to beat the hell out of all the males, some ending up hospitalized, one in particular with a fractured skull....handy 5 lb steel police flashlights are apparently deadly)
    once in the early 80s, after being pulled over after i picked up a hitchhiker outside of town that the cops were looking for (they saw him get into my car and thought i knew him)
    once sorry to say just last year, for not remembering to pay a ticket (a whole slew of cops even came to the door like i was on the most wanted list, handcuffed me and took me away in a police car, in broad daylight...at the amusement of the entire neighborhood....then i had to wait for bail hearing..thankfully at the courthouse and not in jail..whewweww..talk about EMBARRASSING!! OMG :roll: :o :shock: )
    once when i was way lots younger and way more stupid for errr....umm.....holding on to some of those stems and seeds for a boyfriend when we got pulled over on our harley(some bf huh?)

for work:

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    StillHere wrote:
    for myself
    once in the late 70s because i was living in a house (communal) where someone was in the business of keeping the locals in stems and seeds (the NJ state police found it necessary to kick down the doors, inside and out, and drag us all naked, half-naked, asleep or not in the middle of the night, outside, line us up on our knees in the back yard and proceed to beat the hell out of all the males, some ending up hospitalized, one in particular with a fractured skull....handy 5 lb steel police flashlights are apparently deadly)
    oh yeah and several times to testify in a long, drawn out case after a guy in a car hit my husband (on his moto guzzi) head-on at about 50 mph and nearly killed him

for work:

which episode(s) of 'cops' are you on? ;) :P :lol:
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Personally,once for a small claim.
    Work more times than I care to think about.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    81 wrote:
    :shock: :shock:
    StillHere wrote:
    for myself
    oncein the late 70s because i was living in a house (communal) where someone was in the business of keeping the locals in stems and seeds (the NJ state police found it necessary to kick down the doors, inside and out, and drag us all naked, half-naked, asleep or not in the middle of the night, outside, line us up on our knees in the back yard and proceed to beat the hell out of all the males, some ending up hospitalized, one in particular with a fractured skull....handy 5 lb steel police flashlights are apparently deadly)

for work:

i KNOW!!!! :shock:
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    norm wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    for myself

for work:

can you believe it?
    when i started thinking about it...o.m.g. :roll:
    peace,
    jo

norm wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    for myself

for work:

:lol::lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    for myself

for work:

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :lolno: :oops:

one might think i was trailer trash from the narrative, right?
    but i promise...i'm not
    geez when its all down in writing there OMG :roll:
    peace,
    jo

sorry jo but reading that all that ran through my mind was

bad boys
    bad boys
    whatcha gonna do?
    whatcha gonna do when they come for you

;) :P :lol: