Aurora Borealis Northern Lights

13»

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    bluegrace wrote:
    I grew up in the very north of Sweden and we had northern lights all winter. We would be out playing and suddenly someone would shout "look at the sky" and there they were, huge drapes of white, green and magenta, sometimes even shaped like dragons or eagles (with a little imagination).

It is so beautiful and really beyond description, you have to see them for yourself to experience them.

Just sounds amazing.
    Still on my bucket list.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    dottles wrote:
    bluegrace wrote:
    I grew up in the very north of Sweden and we had northern lights all winter. We would be out playing and suddenly someone would shout "look at the sky" and there they were, huge drapes of white, green and magenta, sometimes even shaped like dragons or eagles (with a little imagination).

It is so beautiful and really beyond description, you have to see them for yourself to experience them.

Just sounds amazing.
    Still on my bucket list.

You should definitely see them for yourself. Go to Abisko in the Swedish mountains, you can rent a cabin and they take you there by scooter. Haven't been there myself but I've been told it's awesome.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014