The National Football League

Comments

• Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,617
    Harbaugh to Chargers. 
    Makes a lot of sense.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,784
    I’m happy

hope Sean Payton can’t get by Mahomes/ Harbaugh Ever

hes a douche 
    Different sport but I know I would vote for Bill Walton during his commentary.  His face should be next to blathering in the dictionary.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    I think fans should be able to vote on announcers and see them removed from a game.  Some of these people (looking at you Greg Olsen) can ruin the viewing experience with their dumb takes and incessant blather. 
    My vote is for Troy Aikman, especially when he is calling a Dallas game.
    Disagree. I think Aikman is probably the best out there. With him and Buck were still on Sundays.

Olsen and Burkhardt don't have that "big game" aura about them. 
    www.myspace.com
  • CROJAM95 said:
    I’m happy

hes a douche 
    Nobody out-douches the Harbaugh 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    CROJAM95 said:
    I’m happy

hes a douche 
    Adam Gase?
    edited January 25
    CROJAM95 said:
    I’m happy

hes a douche 
    Trent Baalke?
  • Not close, imo
    Not close, imo
    He’s wonky for sure, but effective and will get Herbert to promised land within 4 years imo

CROJAM95 said:
    Not close, imo
    He’s wonky for sure, but effective and will get Herbert to promised land within 4 years imo

It’s a great move by him.  Despite being in the same division as Reid and Mahomes.  This may be the most talented QB he has worked with since Andrew Luck at Stanford.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,925
    CROJAM95 said:
    I’m happy

hes a douche 
    jim schwatz?

I pretty much agree on harbaugh. fuck the chargers. herbert isn’t all he’s cracked up to be.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • CROJAM95 said:
    Not close, imo

I'd put some 💰 against that.  He's a jagass.
    ^ why the hate, didn’t turn your squad around a decade ago? I enjoyed watching him as qb in Indy

his comments about taking care of potential unaborted fetus from his college players had me like wtf, yea he’s prob a lil crooked… seams older I get EVERYONE cheats, look at GOP candidate and Belichick, Baseball teams/players, George Santos….. fuckin everyone 

im mad at my folks for not teaching me how things really work 🤣 set me back
  • A long list of reasons and I loathed him well before he took over as Niners coach, considered hating the team while he was coach and decided against....but I was so happy when he left.
    In general?  He's just a total asshole.  Smarmy fuck.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,815
    Looking forward to the games.  I think I am on the Lions train LOL. Get me a Coney and some cheese. OOOPa!
  • A pan pizza from Buddy's, please.  They rock.
    (Detroit gets rocked, though.)

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    A pan pizza from Buddy's, please.  They rock.
    (Detroit gets rocked, though.)

I hope so but I have no idea. I thought they would take care of GB without any problems and that almost blew up in their faces.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358
    If you vote out an announcer you have to vote in someone else who's in the building and not working for one of the teams...

(sorry I have this thing against "recall" elections - no recall, you need to give me somebody better, and quit your damn whining)

All that said I can't stand Gregg Olsen either. I think Aikman is fine (and this is from a guy who hated the 90s Cowboys more than anyone).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Mad Dog Russo also cant stand ROMO like me....Romo is a joke
  • If you vote out an announcer you have to vote in someone else who's in the building and not working for one of the teams...

(sorry I have this thing against "recall" elections - no recall, you need to give me somebody better, and quit your damn whining)

All that said I can't stand Gregg Olsen either. I think Aikman is fine (and this is from a guy who hated the 90s Cowboys more than anyone).
    Yeah I was joking about the Gong Show angle, I know it is unrealistic.   Olsen frigging stinks

I think Aikman Buck are the best pair doing games now.  I share your hatred of all things Cowboys, and Aikman went to UCLA....which, as a USC guy adds on.  He is pretty good.
    If you vote out an announcer you have to vote in someone else who's in the building and not working for one of the teams...

Yeah I was joking about the Gong Show angle, I know it is unrealistic.   Olsen frigging stinks

I think Aikman Buck are the best pair doing games now.  I share your hatred of all things Cowboys, and Aikman went to UCLA....which, as a USC guy adds on.  He is pretty good.

My favorite pair is Kevin Harlan and Trent Green.  I think it's a bit of a joke that Ian Eagle and Charles Davis are the #2 to Nantz/Romo and not them.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,925

greg olsen is a smugfuck, like harbaugh.

I salute you for recognizing Aikman, despite his UCLA/cowboys roots. you’re a bigger man than I.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    See I'm not down with Aikman.  One reason for me is he's quick to crap on analytics just like the rest of the old guard on the FOX and CBS pre/postgame panels.  That's just a sticking point to me when it comes to providing color commentary.  The NFL has changed since you were playing and it's not going back to the way it was.  Let it go.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Going from the Michigan fanbase to the Chargers fanbase is going to be a real shock for Harbaugh.  Welcome to playing 17 road games a year!  But all the guy does is win everywhere he goes.  Still pissed the Bears didn't make a run at him.
  • See I'm not down with Aikman.  One reason for me is he's quick to crap on analytics just like the rest of the old guard on the FOX and CBS pre/postgame panels.  That's just a sticking point to me when it comes to providing color commentary.  The NFL has changed since you were playing and it's not going back to the way it was.  Let it go.
    I can get your point....but I also think there is a time and place for the analytics and that you still need to use game strategy and common sense within a specific game/instance.
    The Lions are a perfect example of my belief that way too many 4th down attempts are made...in bad spots.  (Or, 2 point conversations)
    The Niners are often too conservative, the Lions too risky.  I'd land in the middle.
    See I'm not down with Aikman.  One reason for me is he's quick to crap on analytics just like the rest of the old guard on the FOX and CBS pre/postgame panels.  That's just a sticking point to me when it comes to providing color commentary.  The NFL has changed since you were playing and it's not going back to the way it was.  Let it go.
    I can get your point....but I also think there is a time and place for the analytics and that you still need to use game strategy and common sense within a specific game/instance.
    The Lions are a perfect example of my belief that way too many 4th down attempts are made...in bad spots.  (Or, 2 point conversations)
    The Niners are often too conservative, the Lions too risky.  I'd land in the middle.
    I just feel like Aikman can't wait to pounce when analytics don't work.  I think as a tactician on the sideline you have to be in the middle, but I'm just tired of those analysts who want to say "I told you so" to those who fail.  There's also a crucial component that doesn't get mentioned when a HC is considering to go for it on fourth.  Is there something on the play sheet that you feel confident in?  That's a variable that doesn't get discussed enough when considering whether or not to go with analytics.

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    I never understood the hoopla for Romo as a color commentator. 

And not that there was ever any hoopla for him, but I'm not a fan of Nantz either. He's great for golf. Not so much for football in my opinion. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678

My favorite pair is Kevin Harlan and Trent Green.  I think it's a bit of a joke that Ian Eagle and Charles Davis are the #2 to Nantz/Romo and not them.
    Harlan is great. he may actually be better on radio than TV if that's possible. Have heard him while in the car doing big games and he's so good.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

Harlan is great. he may actually be better on radio than TV if that's possible. Have heard him while in the car doing big games and he's so good.
    I actually grew up with Harlan when he called Chiefs Radio.  His radio call about the cat running onto the field is radio gold.

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358
    Aikman's crankiness with entertaining modern football is annoying but otherwise I think he's alright. Basically not as bad as some of the other ones. There is a LOT of mediocrity (to put it generously) in the high level announcers, in all the sports.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16