Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    What the hell is up with Vinatieri? I get the age thing, but these are absolute gimmes he’s missing.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Carson Wentz is amazing.  After everything that happened he almost pulled it out.  If they can find a way to allow him time back there, the dude is a magician.  (Even to his 5th and 6th wr options)

An amazing play (what a block!) play by Atlanta to get Julio free for that long TD.  

Have seen some pretty special games already after only two weeks.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Bills 2-0.  Fun.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    MayDay10 said:
    Bills 2-0.  Fun.
    METLIFE has been kind to them
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Rothlisberger out for the season.  

I bet he calls it a career.  Pittsburgh is going to need a rebuild.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Rothlisberger out for the season.  

I bet he calls it a career.  Pittsburgh is going to need a rebuild.
    Yeah I think that's it for him. They said on Sunday he was three games away from passing Mike Webster for the most games ever played for the Steelers. He'll have to settle for second-most I guess. 

Brees out for six weeks by the way. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    edited September 2019
    Speaking of Roethlisberger, like they did with Roethlisberger 10 years ago, Sports Illustrated has a long article about Brown being horrible in addition to his sexual assault allegations....

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/antonio-brown-new-england-patriots-lawsuits-accusations-sexual-midconduct-assault
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    I heard the girl turned down 2 mil..wanted 10 mil...Hard not to think this is a cash grab...Seems like no amount of money would make you not want to see the guy locked up..but 10 mil would make it go away??
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I heard the girl turned down 2 mil..wanted 10 mil...Hard not to think this is a cash grab...Seems like no amount of money would make you not want to see the guy locked up..but 10 mil would make it go away??
    No she wanted $2 million and he shot that down. 

And I edited my last post. He isn't formally being accused of sexual assault a second time, he apparently was "just" walking around naked in front of a woman who didn't want him to. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    Imagine being in that arbitration meeting. I'm sure AB couldn't fathom paying that much for his magic hands back lotion display.  
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    tbergs said:
    Imagine being in that arbitration meeting. I'm sure AB couldn't fathom paying that much for his magic hands back lotion display.  
    But in addition to that incident of ejaculating on her back, she's also alleging forcible rape that happened months afterward. 

And I gotta say, that was bad look for the Pats to have him out there against the Dolphins. I know the Pats take a "fuck you" approach to everyone that speaks ill of them and they don't care how they "look", and I understand that. But with the alleged victim meeting with the NFL today or tomorrow, and AB totally not being needed to beat the shitty Dolphins, they could have kept him out a week and see where it goes. He may be suspended. Roethlisberger was suspended without any criminal charge. And the Pats have it written into his contact that they can void his contract if he's suspended. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    tbergs said:
    But in addition to that incident of ejaculating on her back, she's also alleging forcible rape that happened months afterward. 

And I gotta say, that was bad look for the Pats to have him out there against the Dolphins. I know the Pats take a "fuck you" approach to everyone that speaks ill of them and they don't care how they "look", and I understand that. But with the alleged victim meeting with the NFL today or tomorrow, and AB totally not being needed to beat the shitty Dolphins, they could have kept him out a week and see where it goes. He may be suspended. Roethlisberger was suspended without any criminal charge. And the Pats have it written into his contact that they can void his contract if he's suspended. 
    surely you didn't expect anything resembling integrity or class coming from the Pats did you? their owner was arrested in a sex sting, they employed a known gang banger who became a murderer, their coach and QB are convicted cheaters and their fans don't give a shit.  par for the course from this organization.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    tbergs said:

surely you didn't expect anything resembling integrity or class coming from the Pats did you? their owner was arrested in a sex sting, they employed a known gang banger who became a murderer, their coach and QB are convicted cheaters and their fans don't give a shit.  par for the course from this organization.
    Yeah I know but given this situation of him being a new player that the Pats have no real allegiance to, it was a somewhat controversial signing considering he totally tried to get cut from Oakland, he's under investigation for some pretty serious charges, and it's only week 2 against Miami, I just thought it would have been a good chance for them to exercise some discretion.

But of course they fed him the ball early on over and over in typical "fuck everyone" fashion so I was dumb to think that. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    edited September 2019
    pjhawks said:
    tbergs said:

Yeah I know but given this situation of him being a new player that the Pats have no real allegiance to, it was a somewhat controversial signing considering he totally tried to get cut from Oakland, he's under investigation for some pretty serious charges, and it's only week 2 against Miami, I just thought it would have been a good chance for them to exercise some discretion.

But of course they fed him the ball early on over and over in typical "fuck everyone" fashion so I was dumb to think that. 
    That's why it is our mission, should you choose to accept, to pass on this information so future generations don't forget about the real shit show that is the Pats and their epic run of titles. Anyone looking at a record book in 20 years will just see a bunch of Super Bowls for the biggest football dynasty of the 21st century.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I only skimmed it before but after reading this again, my Antonio Brown/Donald Trump comparison seems more and more appropriate. There's dozens of instances of Brown ripping off "the little man" just like Trump did to poor contractors. Ripping off chefs, trainers, construction workers, the list goes on. And one of Brown's cronies once told a guy that Brown had ripped off "When you speak to Mr Brown, you don't look him in the eye." I can see one of Trump's cronies saying that. Then there's various acts of domestic violence, threats, other weird shit detailed in the story. 

This guy is a mess. I don't know what the Patriots are thinking. They could maybe go undefeated without him with how their defense is playing. Why bother with this guy?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/antonio-brown-new-england-patriots-lawsuits-accusations-sexual-midconduct-assault

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Crazy how many teams are without starting QB's.  Indy, New Orleans, Pitt, NY, Miami ... the list goes on and on!
  • Options
    After watching Indy / Tenn yesterday, I officially put a fork in the career of Marcus Mariota when as an Indy fan I was praying he didn't get hurt when foolishly trying to hurdle a Colts defender and got RKO'd onto his throwing shoulder ... Tennessee would be a fearsome team with a high caliber QB
  • Options
    Whose gonna trade for Jalen Ramsey?

hes a pAin but prob best corner
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    CROJAM95 said:

Long line of teams that would take him. Jax price is steep though. We’ll see if anyone pays up. 
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Jesus, another QB down. Brutal sport y’all 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,322
    How did the Patriots get an easy schedule for a Super Bowl team?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    You only get two of your games based on the previous year. For the Pats, that'd be two other first place teams from last year: the Chiefs and the Texans. The other 14 games are determined years in advance. The divisions you play just rotate. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Long line of teams that would take him. Jax price is steep though. We’ll see if anyone pays up. 
    Minkah Fitzpatrick traded to Steelers for 1st rd pick

Jalen prob a 1st & 2nd or 3rd
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,322
    Odell bailing out Mayfield
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited September 2019
      Just when you think your team has it bad, take some solace that your bad team is not the Jets (unless your team is the Jet ... which at this point the should just change the names to The Fucks*, because they're fucked). 

(props to Sam Kinison)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    edited September 2019
    igotid88 said:
    They are playing a first place in the division schedule, so as a result have to play the other AFC division winners from 2018, so they get KC and Houston as the only 2 games not predetermined well in advance. Everything else is locked in, 6 division games, 4 interconference games rotating which division yearly (this year its the NFC East) and 4 games against one of the other divisions in the AFC rotating yearly (this year its AFC North).

their schedule is easy through the first half of the season, but they do face a run of:
    CLE
    @ BAL
    @ PHI
    DAL
    @ HOU
    KC
    That's a pretty tough 6 game run (maybe only 5, jury still out on Cleveland)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    CROJAM95 said:
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:

KC rumored to be the front runner. That would make a ridiculously good team even better. Only potential issue is they’re still working on a couple long term contracts, including Mahomes. Might be cash strapped. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:

KC rumored to be the front runner. That would make a ridiculously good team even better. Only potential issue is they’re still working on a couple long term contracts, including Mahomes. Might be cash strapped. 
    Man who looks the other way more Belichick or Reid?

God knows what andy would do for a SB
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    CROJAM95 said:
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Man who looks the other way more Belichick or Reid?

God knows what andy would do for a SB
    How is obtaining Jalen Ramsey looking the other way?  What has he done off of the field?  He may be a pain in the ass, but from what I understand the dude has a clean record. 
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:

They just freed up cap space by reworking Eric Fisher and Anthony Hitchens.  I believe they're $22M under the cap.  It just depends on how much they'll willing to give up and potentially mortgage the future around Mahomes after his rookie contract is up.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.