Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,798
    I just can't fucking stand "gate" being used a suffix for scandal. Spygate, Bountygate, Deflategate. The Watergate scandal was called that because the name of the hotel was Watergate. It wasn't a scandal about water!

Aa Dolphins fan, I'll be happy if Brady misses the first four games because the Dolphins play the Pats in week 2. Also, as a Dolphins fan, I know the Patriots will still win.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,423
    pjhawks said:

Beat it, Tom

and cue the pats fans defenses...

now coach and qb convicted cheaters. good stuff.
    You do realize that all this decision has done is given Goodell sweeping powers to institute any penalty he wants for any reason and then be the "neutral" arbiter of his own decision during appeal.

Just wait till he nails an Eagle and your tune will change.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,325
    Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Beat it, Tom

You do realize that all this decision has done is given Goodell sweeping powers to institute any penalty he wants for any reason and then be the "neutral" arbiter of his own decision during appeal.

blame the players union not Goddell. they signed off on giving him that power. and i'll take my chances that my team doesn't foster an atmosphere of cheating and if they do i sure as hell wouldn't defend them like some Pats fans do.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Beat it, Tom

blame the players union not Goddell. they signed off on giving him that power. and i'll take my chances that my team doesn't foster an atmosphere of cheating and if they do i sure as hell wouldn't defend them like some Pats fans do.
    Eagles cheat score: 21

Patriots : 20

http://yourteamcheats.com/

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,597
    ed243421 said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Beat it, Tom

Eagles cheat score: 21

Patriots : 20

dumbest scandal ever--

Deflategate (2004) flag
    to top ⤴
    home ⇐
    awards ⤵

TEAM: The Philadelphia Eagles

SEVERITY:scale

SUMMARY: Ex-Eagles and retired Pro Bowl quarterback Jeff Blake confessed in an interview that removing air from footballs was common when he played in the NFL from 1992-2005.

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," the ex-Eagles QB said Wednesday in a radio interview on the "Midday 180" show on Nashville's 104.5 The Zone. "Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard.

"Everybody puts the pin in and takes just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat. So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."

Blake says that he'd order ball boys to let air out of his footballs just before the start of games during his entire NFL career, which included time with the Eagles in 2004.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,672
    pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Beat it, Tom

Pretty solid point here. The NFL Player's Union is pitiful and basically nonexistent. Is there a single thing they have won for players?
  • Options

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Beat it, Tom

Pretty solid point here. The NFL Player's Union is pitiful and basically nonexistent. Is there a single thing they have won for players?
    They get ice cream on Thursdays during training camp.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Poncier said:

They get ice cream on Thursdays during training camp.

• Options
    ed243421 said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Beat it, Tom

Broncos really are champs.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,727
    pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Beat it, Tom

Your team doesn't win, either.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,842
    49ers are in third place on the yourteamcheats ranking. Excellent! :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,129

They should take all 5 SB's away same as they do in college when cheating was found out. Make the Pats give back the trophies and take down all signs.

Burn it all down!!!

• Options
    Hey Rams and Eagles fans! Remember this ... :smiley:

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Not even close to the same situation.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    ESPN just described Wentz as a dual threat. The only dual threat will be both of his ACL's getting snapped in half if he thinks he can run up the middle in the NFL.

I still don't understand how he got so much hype. He had good stats against dudes that would have a hard time making SEC and Big Ten practice squads.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    He can't be a bust if he's not overhyped.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    if my name was 'Laremy' i'd be high too

:lol:
  • Options
    norm said:

if my name was 'Laremy' i'd be high too

:lol:

I think whoever posted that picture of him is either a crazy ex or someone trying to shake him down for money (my money is on a family member).

Also, I hope he is never part of a murder investigation and has to undergo questioning. Stabby Lewis, he is not.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,597
    Jason P said:

ESPN just described Wentz as a dual threat. The only dual threat will be both of his ACL's getting snapped in half if he thinks he can run up the middle in the NFL.

I still don't understand how he got so much hype. He had good stats against dudes that would have a hard time making SEC and Big Ten practice squads

This is what I am having a hard time wrapping my head around too...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,794
    Quite a night for Tunsil. That was crazy....that felt like something that would happen in a movie.
  • Options
    Larimy dropping to #13 just shows how dumb the NFL can be. Dolphins got a hell of a deal.

Holy shit! A college kid smoked some weed! THE HORROR!!!

• Options
    I also find it ironic that the Ravens took him off their board for character issues. I guess smoking pot is much worse then giving a right cross K.O. to a woman.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,794
    Jason P said:

I also find it ironic that the Ravens took him off their board for character issues. I guess smoking pot is much worse then giving a right cross K.O. to a woman.

The same team that has a statue of Ray Lewis. LOL
  • Options
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,672

Quite a night for Tunsil. That was crazy....that felt like something that would happen in a movie.

Took it like a man it seems too
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115

They should take all 5 SB's away same as they do in college when cheating was found out. Make the Pats give back the trophies and take down all signs.

Wait the pats have won 5 super bowls. i must have missed won.
    Another well educated fan of the game.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Jason P said:

Larimy dropping to #13 just shows how dumb the NFL can be. Dolphins got a hell of a deal.

Yeah ... Isn't that ridiculous. So what happens if a Bronco or a Seahawk test positive for weed ... Perfectly legal in those states.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

Jason P said:

Yeah ... Isn't that ridiculous. So what happens if a Bronco or a Seahawk test positive for weed ... Perfectly legal in those states.
    Von Miller got suspended for 4 games for weed even though he plays for the Broncos. Corporate policy can dictate employment terms, even if something is legal.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Jason P said:

lukin2006 said:

Jason P said:

Von Miller got suspended for 4 games for weed even though he plays for the Broncos. Corporate policy can dictate employment terms, even if something is legal.
    Not familiar with how US law works ... what if these players who like to smoke weed got a medicinal licence ... I'm pretty sure a professional football player would qualify ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Private businesses have the right to fire you for a failed drug test even if the drug is legal. The courts have already ruled on that in colorado. Not sure about Washington.

Now when weed comes off that schedule 1 list, that may change.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place