Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

I can't believe Scobee has not been released yet. Of course Tomlin's out coaching himself in overtime did not help either.

He's a huge cap hit. Salary is around $5mil
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    JK_Livin said:

I can't believe Scobee has not been released yet. Of course Tomlin's out coaching himself in overtime did not help either.

He's a huge cap hit. Salary is around $5mil
    That's a dagger. Not much can be done I guess other than hope he can improve.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Any wins the Jags had over the Colts, 50% of them were by Scobee kicking a miracle FG.

I hope his heart is in tatters today, and his wife left him for the pool boy, and the team gave him an atomic wedgie and duct taped him to the FG post ... and that his cat pooped on his pillow.

Other then that, I'm not the bitter.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Ryan Fitzpatrick stinks.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125

Ryan Fitzpatrick stinks.

He has no arm strength.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Man the Finns really stink and I think it's mostly the coaching.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    g under p said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick stinks.

He has no arm strength.

Peace
    Yeah and no accuracy either.
  • Options
    I wonder why Glennon isn't the starter in TB? He's good.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    sean peyton? peter puffer?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I was just reminding myself of the Thanksgiving Day games this year and they look pretty disappointing. At least where we stand right now. Eagles at Lions. Panthers at Cowboys. Bears at Packers. They should swap these games out for Rams at Bengals, Steelers at Seahawks and Patriots at Broncos! Ah well, I'm still going to stay home and watch the games. I just might have to get really, really drunk.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    They will not move away from Dallas and Detroit hosting T-Giving Day Games. Tradition.....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Good thing he was able to run the ball in, God knows the offence can't score tonight.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,439
    Damn Detroit
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

I was just reminding myself of the Thanksgiving Day games this year and they look pretty disappointing. At least where we stand right now. Eagles at Lions. Panthers at Cowboys. Bears at Packers. They should swap these games out for Rams at Bengals, Steelers at Seahawks and Patriots at Broncos! Ah well, I'm still going to stay home and watch the games. I just might have to get really, really drunk.

Thanks for the reminder that the Packers are going to ruin my Thanksgiving. Damn.
  • Options
    It nice to know the rule doesn't apply to the Seahawks.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    JK_Livin said:

Detroit really got hosed on that call. The back judge said he thought it wasn't intentionally batted out of the end zone.....that's a load of shit. He clearly didn't know the rule. I feel like there are so many rules in the NFL that I have no idea about. Crazy.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652

JK_Livin said:

Detroit really got hosed on that call. The back judge said he thought it wasn't intentionally batted out of the end zone.....that's a load of shit. He clearly didn't know the rule. I feel like there are so many rules in the NFL that I have no idea about. Crazy.
    The refs dont know them all either. I will miss that about Jim Harbaugh. He had a way of exposing stupid rules throughout a season.
    Detroit did get hosed, I agree. First and goal from the half yard line and then Wilson needs to lead the final drive to try and win it at home.
    Pretty sure Wilson will say that Jesus made that call.
  • Options
    Everything needs to be challengable, including PI.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited October 2015

They will not move away from Dallas and Detroit hosting T-Giving Day Games. Tradition.....

My aunt brings a shitty fruit cake to Thanksgiving each year too. Tradition.
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Hahaha. Point taken. Would most cities really find 60-80k people who bail on their families and their traditions to go to an NFL game? People are used to it in Dallas and Detroit, I say they should keep it.
    At least Detroit, things still suck up there, they need it.
  • Options

Jason P said:

Hahaha. Point taken. Would most cities really find 60-80k people who bail on their families and their traditions to go to an NFL game? People are used to it in Dallas and Detroit, I say they should keep it.
    At least Detroit, things still suck up there, they need it.
    They should play the Thanksgiving games in London. All Americans deserve to stuff themselves and then pass out on the couch on Thanksgiving. It's actually kind of mean to force Lions fans to travel and spend hundreds of dollars to watch their team get the shit kicked out of them when they could be eating stuffing and gravy and mashed potatoes and turkey ...

• Options

JK_Livin said:

I don't see what the big deal is. The ball was going out of bounds anyway. And if the player had known about the rule he would have either just let it roll out of bounds on its own, or he could have grabbed it with both hands and taken a knee. Game over. I'd hate to have seen a great defensive play by Chancellor get wiped out because of some dumb penalty. Now, had a Lions player had a shot at recovering the ball in the end zone and the Seattle player batted the ball out of bounds that would be different and worthy of a penalty. But that wasn't the case. I say Seattle won the game fair and square on a heads up defensive play.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253

JK_Livin said:

I don't see what the big deal is. The ball was going out of bounds anyway. .
    Have you never seen a football take its next bounce in the exact opposite direction you expect?
    No way we can be certain the ball was going to go out of bounds on its own. Wright admitted he batted it out cause he didn't want to try and grab it in case he fumbled it. Lions got screwed for sure.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

JK_Livin said:

I don't see what the big deal is. The ball was going out of bounds anyway. .
    Have you never seen a football take its next bounce in the exact opposite direction you expect?
    No way we can be certain the ball was going to go out of bounds on its own. Wright admitted he batted it out cause he didn't want to try and grab it in case he fumbled it. Lions got screwed for sure.
    Totally solid point. You're right. And I didn't know Wright had said that. But I think the main issue here is the officials not knowing the rules.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,439
    Remember when everyone was upset with the replacement refs?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    igotid88 said:

Remember when everyone was upset with the replacement refs?

The ones who screwed Green Bay in the same end zone of the same stadium late in the 4th quarter...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

it might have something to do with who they took first overall in the draft...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I detect a slight hint of sarcasm in your post...

The Eagles should trade Bradford for Glennon then they might get somewhere. Oh! Lol.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

I detect a slight hint of sarcasm in your post...

The Eagles should trade Bradford for Glennon then they might get somewhere. Oh! Lol.
    BURN!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Lions didn't get hosed...I feel like I've seen that play 1000x in my years of watching football and I've never heard anyone make a big hubbub over it. Couldn't they spend days reporting on Luck's shoulder instead!