Parents hides childs gender from public !

2»

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    stargirl69 wrote:
    I agree with your parenting but this article is about far more than that.By the very fact the article exists will have people assuming,debating,agreeing,disagreeing that is what we do when faced with something that makes us evaluate and question our own experiences and those of others.
    It would not be my choice to parent that way,I see no wrong in confirming a child's gender.

and i see nothing wrong in not confirming it or choosing not to share it.

all you gotta do is see the hesitation on peoples faces when confronted with a baby in neutral coloured clothing to see that even from birth we are defined by what sex were born. its like oh shit its not wearing pink.... or blue... what is it? what does it matter. its healthy thats all that matters. if a baby is constantly reassured by the use of its name rather than 'arent you a clever boy' or whatever then imo that can only benefit the child. they become more than just their sex... they become themselves.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:
    betcha a million bucks this was the mother's idea and the father just goes along with what mom says. one of those postnatal depression things that lasted 5 years due to stubborn bullshit

thanks for the sexist viewpoint chad.
    i can't help it that this is what happened. and i sure as hell am not sexist, catefrances.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

• and i see nothing wrong in not confirming it or choosing not to share it.

all you gotta do is see the hesitation on peoples faces when confronted with a baby in neutral coloured clothing to see that even from birth we are defined by what sex were born. its like oh shit its not wearing pink.... or blue... what is it? what does it matter. its healthy thats all that matters. if a baby is constantly reassured by the use of its name rather than 'arent you a clever boy' or whatever then imo that can only benefit the child. they become more than just their sex... they become themselves.

I totally support providing children with a variety of toys and clothing choices, but I don't understand hiding the child's gender. You can tell him (and others) he's a boy while allowing him to make his own choices. I'm a teacher and I know many girls who gravitate towards "boy" toys and vice versa, particularly around the age of 3-6. Boys love to play house and dress up as much as girls like to play with cars and legos. I often see little boys wearing high heels with a purse slung over their shoulder. They're curious.

Maybe through their "social experiment", they're trying to prove that when gender norms aren't forced upon children, they're as likely to gravitate towards the norms of the opposite gender as their own gender; however, as others have stated, their "social experiment" is flawed because they seem to be encouraging their son towards female "norms", while discouraging male "norms".
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    betcha a million bucks this was the mother's idea and the father just goes along with what mom says. one of those postnatal depression things that lasted 5 years due to stubborn bullshit

thanks for the sexist viewpoint chad.
    i can't help it that this is what happened. and i sure as hell am not sexist, catefrances.

its sexist supposition in this instance.. yeah it had to be a postnatal depression thingy right cause BOTH parents couldnt have come to this decision equally. :roll: tis akin to saying a woman is 'on the rag' cause shes a bit angry about something. 'bad time of the month is it?' how does fuck off dickhead sound?*

* this is not directed at you chad.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SxDx1982SxDx1982 Posts: 124
    I have no problem with them hiding the kid's gender. Basically what they're doing is just making sure that the kid doesn't turn into some sort of a stereotype.
    I mean, my mom let me dress and act like a boy and I turned out okay. :lol:
    I'm still out here waiting
    Watching reruns of my life