Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    xxxx
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    paysonites wrote:
    Good afternoon everybody,

Sorry it took so long to get on here. We had an appointment down in Phoenix with a infectious disease doctor. Everything went well and Shawna's been given a clean bill of health as far as the heart goes. Her Cardiologist still wants Shawna to wait near two months for her heart to strengthen before heading into surgery.

Shawna and I have been doing a lot of thinking since Friday. What we've come up with is we are some of the luckiest Pearl Jam fans in the world. It's one thing to have the music to hold onto. It seems their is always a PJ song for any moment or circumstance that comes our way through this life. This band has been there for us in more ways than we could of ever imagined or comprehended.

You see, this band has created the most incredible fan base on the face of this planet. Nobody seems to understand or grasp how phenomenal this really is. Our world has been completely broke apart by all of these surgeries and hard times. Surgery after surgery after surgery. It seems to grab at the soul within and leave its melancholic mark. The first few years through my three back surgeries I still somewhat felt like superman. Get it done, heal and move forward. Whatever hit I took it was okay because my family was okay and we had made it through. A little worn but still things were going to be okay.

When life took a turn for the worse and it came after my wife. Everything immediately changed. Nothing was easy anymore. Three major surgeries and three major infections. Our lives were torn apart. Lack of this and lack of that. Yes, she almost died twice but her will to live outweighed anything that was in store for her. I felt like I was dieing over and over again. With each great circumstance came another great pain she had to go through. It was the hardest thing we will hopefully ever have to do again. It got so bad that our world had changed. Immersed in this new life of survival. Any friends we had had long deserted us so we thought.

Here out of the brinks of total wreckage came this Calvary of relentless loving people singing there own tune.
    Not having a care in the world except for of us. Shawna and I.....We were the top priority...We were what was important. The tears that have fallen through this year are of gratitude and astonishment. There was no way we could of made it through alone. The depths of depression and anguish were within a mear footstep but you wouldn't let that happen. You wouldn't let us fall that way. No matter what was going on in your life. You stopped and took the time to show us the light and that the sun would rise another day. Well our friends it did. We have made it through the worst of it all. Thanks to a loving, caring, selfless group of people we call Jamily.

There are no words that could even start to express how much we appreciate everything that you have done for us. To be honest about things. When Shawna was at her worst and I was sleeping only 3 hours a night I had plenty of nights that I won't even talk about. All I know is the people...Whether you are from Greece, France or the good ol' U S of A. We had all walks of life fighting for us to make it through. The PM's of just lyrics from a Pearl Jam song or a simple :D just checking in...meant the world to us.The support from nurses that didn't even really know us was incredibly uplifting. The questions asked and the long thought out answers that only could come from Jamily is breath taking.

Our road is not over but in a sense we feel that it as just begun. New found strength to help in making it through. Believing in our dreams again..GOALS..PJ concerts on the horizon. This is all because of the will to live, the will to love and a group of individuals that united for some fellow fans who believed in the music and believed in life. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and our souls. You are the true inspiration. You are the reason this band continues on. Without you things would have been a lot different. With you our world is a better place.

Thank you for everything that you have done for us. We love you and look forward to the day when we will join you at another Pearl Jam concert. May life bring you all of the joys that you have brought to our lives.

Your Friends and greatest fans..
    John and Shawna Pauley :D:D

P.S. A special thank you to a most incredible person. None of this would have been possible without the love and devotion of this wonderful lady. :D:D Stillhere :D:D Thank you so much for all that you have done for our family. You are a true inspiration of how humanity is supposed to be. We love you.... :D:D:D

:D It's really great to hear the optimism in your post, I'm so happy things are looking up.
    This is a very special community full of exceptional people.
    The words and music of Pearl Jam pull it out of us all and makes it possible!! XO
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Yay! I'm so happy to read the good news! Things will only get better. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    Thank you everybody....
    You guy's are our rock... :D:D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    OMG I'm sooo happy you guys FINALLY have some good news!!!! I'm so glad your wife can finally have her surgery in a couple of months and hopefully get some pain relief in the process. You guys sooo deserve some good fortune!

Best of luck and keep us posted!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Love the good news!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I'm so happy for you and Shawna. :D Hoping this good news continues as you both see the light at the end of the tunnel!! :D:D
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    :D:D:D Never under-estimate what wondeful, amazing people you both are as well.
    So happy to read this & smile through tears of gladness. Had our own incredible scare this weekend
    with our four year old Grandson. My heart hurt so bad but we pulled through with the power of love
    prayer & hope. There is always hope!!!!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Just saw your note! So happy that you have good news :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    paysonites wrote:
    Hey everybody,

It's been a long time since I've posted on here. First off I wanted to personally thank all that helped my wife and I with the extras so we could be a part of the PJ20 experience in Wisconsin. That trip was very special to both of us. There is nothing like the music of Pearl Jam to lift the spirits. I still have dreams of that incredible weekend. I know that it meant the world to my wife. We had to use a Wheel chair to get around and boy do we have some stories. Those hills were killer. I'll make time for those at some point. Yes, those were some amazing experiences.

I am asking once again for a big big favor. One month after the trip Shawna's health went down hill. Due to a bad back surgery she has continued to have serious health issues. Her back got a major infection. Next her gall bladder which contracted the infection had to be removed. In November she had her infected hardware taken out of her back and was put on a pick line. Since then she still may have a back infection but now she's been fighting for her life. You see she has a three inch infection in her fourth heart chamber. She's been on ivy antibiotics for the past four weeks with no luck. The doctor wants her to be on them for another two weeks. If it doesn't go away then she will be looking at open heart surgery.

Our life has been turned upside down. With no family in town and hardly any support life has been really difficult. I've had to let most of our business go so I can take care of her. So with the emotional, financial and physical struggles we've been having a very difficult time.

So my biggest favor to ask is that people can please keep my 28 year old wife in there thoughts and/or prayers. This has been the most difficult time of our lives and with two major surgeries on the horizon I know the road will be having its challenges.

Thank you for all the past support and I know that whenever we have needed it which has been for around two years now that I can come here. Thank you...Thank you.....Thank you.....

John and Shawna......

Just saw this....Shawna is in my thoughts. I hope things start working out for you all VERY soon.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Shawna & John, I hope you're doing well this week! :)
    My best to your kids. :D
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    Good afternoon everybody,

Sorry it took so long to get on here. We had an appointment down in Phoenix with a infectious disease doctor. Everything went well and Shawna's been given a clean bill of health as far as the heart goes. Her Cardiologist still wants Shawna to wait near two months for her heart to strengthen before heading into surgery.

Shawna and I have been doing a lot of thinking since Friday. What we've come up with is we are some of the luckiest Pearl Jam fans in the world. It's one thing to have the music to hold onto. It seems their is always a PJ song for any moment or circumstance that comes our way through this life. This band has been there for us in more ways than we could of ever imagined or comprehended.

You see, this band has created the most incredible fan base on the face of this planet. Nobody seems to understand or grasp how phenomenal this really is. Our world has been completely broke apart by all of these surgeries and hard times. Surgery after surgery after surgery. It seems to grab at the soul within and leave its melancholic mark. The first few years through my three back surgeries I still somewhat felt like superman. Get it done, heal and move forward. Whatever hit I took it was okay because my family was okay and we had made it through. A little worn but still things were going to be okay.

When life took a turn for the worse and it came after my wife. Everything immediately changed. Nothing was easy anymore. Three major surgeries and three major infections. Our lives were torn apart. Lack of this and lack of that. Yes, she almost died twice but her will to live outweighed anything that was in store for her. I felt like I was dieing over and over again. With each great circumstance came another great pain she had to go through. It was the hardest thing we will hopefully ever have to do again. It got so bad that our world had changed. Immersed in this new life of survival. Any friends we had had long deserted us so we thought.

Here out of the brinks of total wreckage came this Calvary of relentless loving people singing there own tune.
    Not having a care in the world except for of us. Shawna and I.....We were the top priority...We were what was important. The tears that have fallen through this year are of gratitude and astonishment. There was no way we could of made it through alone. The depths of depression and anguish were within a mear footstep but you wouldn't let that happen. You wouldn't let us fall that way. No matter what was going on in your life. You stopped and took the time to show us the light and that the sun would rise another day. Well our friends it did. We have made it through the worst of it all. Thanks to a loving, caring, selfless group of people we call Jamily.

There are no words that could even start to express how much we appreciate everything that you have done for us. To be honest about things. When Shawna was at her worst and I was sleeping only 3 hours a night I had plenty of nights that I won't even talk about. All I know is the people...Whether you are from Greece, France or the good ol' U S of A. We had all walks of life fighting for us to make it through. The PM's of just lyrics from a Pearl Jam song or a simple :D just checking in...meant the world to us.The support from nurses that didn't even really know us was incredibly uplifting. The questions asked and the long thought out answers that only could come from Jamily is breath taking.

Our road is not over but in a sense we feel that it as just begun. New found strength to help in making it through. Believing in our dreams again..GOALS..PJ concerts on the horizon. This is all because of the will to live, the will to love and a group of individuals that united for some fellow fans who believed in the music and believed in life. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and our souls. You are the true inspiration. You are the reason this band continues on. Without you things would have been a lot different. With you our world is a better place.

Thank you for everything that you have done for us. We love you and look forward to the day when we will join you at another Pearl Jam concert. May life bring you all of the joys that you have brought to our lives.

Your Friends and greatest fans..
    John and Shawna Pauley :D:D

P.S. A special thank you to a most incredible person. None of this would have been possible without the love and devotion of this wonderful lady. :D:D Stillhere :D:D Thank you so much for all that you have done for our family. You are a true inspiration of how humanity is supposed to be. We love you.... :D:D:D:D

So happy for you both. Keep strong, keep fighting...we will be here.
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    John, your last entry brought tears to my eyes. It's so inspiring to see what a group of people can do to lift one's spirits when they need it most. Kudos to everyone who has helped John & Shawna in the least bit!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I didn't know you were a hero too John, more so than even just for your wife.

Loving thoughts and prayers and only good news to come
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Hi John & Shawna!

Hope that you are both having a good week -- as always your posts are a love letter to life. Seems like those amazing words are to all of these awesome PJ fans but to me I read them as a celebration of life and just how strongly the both of you have fought to regain your health for each other and for your family. To think that each of us taking part in this & other threads can assist you in this fight is awesome. I have genuinely grown as a person learning about your family and how you are fighting - thanks for your inspiration!

I do not mean to minimize the actions of all of these good, good people and how impacting it has been -- especially Jo, you rock girl! -- but props to the both of you for showing some of us who live on 'easy street' relative to your recent troubles just what it can mean to take life one day at a time. Keep on coming; you cant help but succeed!

Brett
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    pandora wrote:
    only good news to come
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    Hey John and Shawna,
    Just a quick 'hello' to let you know we are thinking of you. Keeping all the love and positive thoughts flooding your way. :D:D:D
    Katy xxx
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    hi guys!
    hope you are having a st paddy's day celebration in good health today!

slainte!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Hey John & Shawna!

I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend, and that the week ahead is a beautiful one for you. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Just checking in to say hello to you both, hope your week is off to a great start!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Hope you are both doing well.
  • Options
    Hope you are both doing well.

:)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Happy Tuesday to you both!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    Hi everybody! :D

Does anyone know Eddie's dog's name?
    I was just wondering because we got a
    little Maltese puppy from my Uncle Joe :D:D
    I want to name him P.J. and then I was interested
    what Ed named his dog. :D

This little puppy we got is bringing so much joy
    into our lives! :-D :-D We have waited for a while
    to get a dog, so it has been wonderful :D:D
    When I asked John if we could get him, he said
    " Yes and it will be the family dog of course but it is
    really going to be your dog for all the stuff you have been through".
    Isn't that so sweet!!! :D:D:D:D

Love to you all :D Shawna :D:D:D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    paysonites wrote:

Awesome! It's amazing the love & happiness animals can bring into your life. :D
    I don't know the name of Eddie's dog..but I have a cat named Dirty Frank :D
    Enjoy your puppy!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    paysonites wrote:

Hey Shawna...

Congrats on your new family member!!!!

I'm not sure what Ed named his dog, but here's a few pictures of my pup:

Sammy018.jpg
    Sammy021.jpg

Her name is Samantha and she's a St. Bernard mix!!!
    Let us know what name you give your new pal and post a picture when you can :D
    Looking forward to meeting you guys at the Phoenix Pre-party :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    paysonites wrote:

His dog's name is Hank.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    paysonites wrote:

His dog's name is Hank.

Here's a funny video where Ed talks about his dog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010peAcHlf8
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Ed and Hank
    eddie%20vedder%20and%20hank.jpg
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I was just about to say that Eddie named one of his dogs Hank
    the reason I know that is because my doggie was also named Hank
    so it stuck with me when I heard Eddie talking about how when he calls Hank from his house,
    the neighbors think it's Bruce
    and that way Eddie escapes the blame (for the dogs)

nope, i didn't name Hankie after Eddie's dog, in case you're wondering, i don't go THAT far ;)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~