Utah school says no to Cougar nickname....deem it offensive

2»

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    ah gahd.

That was my exact reaction to this.

This society is turning into the biggest bunch of pussies. Seriously, is there anything that someone doesn't take offense to these days??? People have become so fucking uptight...it's ridiculous.

Seriously!!! People need to get over themselves, most annoying thing ever.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    This is kind of beside the point, but if I were running that school I would urge (not force) the kids to pick a new mascot too. Not because Cougars is potentially offensive (that really is the most over-sensitive and PC thing I've heard of), but just because of the lack of imagination the student body put into it. Don't just adopt the mascot of the most popular college/team in the area, come up with something original. Here in Texas every school isn't the Longhorns and Cowboys.

Come up with something original kiddos.

giant-douche-and-turd-sandwich.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    This is kind of beside the point, but if I were running that school I would urge (not force) the kids to pick a new mascot too. Not because Cougars is potentially offensive (that really is the most over-sensitive and PC thing I've heard of), but just because of the lack of imagination the student body put into it. Don't just adopt the mascot of the most popular college/team in the area, come up with something original. Here in Texas every school isn't the Longhorns and Cowboys.

Come up with something original kiddos.

giant-douche-and-turd-sandwich.jpg

and that is why I was a kangaroo...the other option was bumblebee
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yeah i find big wild cats that can eat me very offensive. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say