Options

Bad User 'vedderman72' Not Safe to Deal With

2»

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    hang on..

vedderman is the ones who received the damaged goods?

and hes being called out?

makes no sense
  • Options
    Why shouldn't he? Vedderman is apparently on the forum everyday but has not replied to the op since Jan 8th? Why won't he reply to the op? He is only asking for pictures of the damaged posters, which vedderman initially said he would send. I don't see what is wrong with calling him out when he really has no other options. I DO NOT think that 10C has any obligation to do anything whatsoever but if vedderman will not return an email or message to this guy, what else is he supposed to do? Just eat his losses and accept vedders last message as the end of it? IF vedderman produces a few pictures as evidence of poster damage, then we have a different situation all together.

Again, just my 2 cents but please point out if I am wrong here?

Vedderman72 is the one taking the hit if the other person didn't ship properly and didn't provide insurance for the full value of the posters. My problem is the op saying that "vedderman72" is not safe to deal with even though the op received the items he was supposed to and in the condition described. Is it shady that vedderman72 said he would take pics of the damaged items and then just stops responding to the other person? Absolutely! That's my only problem with vedderman72 but then again, I don't really know if he was here posting on the boards or not replying to emails/pm or what was going on in his life.
  • Options
    Why shouldn't he? Vedderman is apparently on the forum everyday but has not replied to the op since Jan 8th? Why won't he reply to the op? He is only asking for pictures of the damaged posters, which vedderman initially said he would send. I don't see what is wrong with calling him out when he really has no other options. I DO NOT think that 10C has any obligation to do anything whatsoever but if vedderman will not return an email or message to this guy, what else is he supposed to do? Just eat his losses and accept vedders last message as the end of it? IF vedderman produces a few pictures as evidence of poster damage, then we have a different situation all together.

Vedderman72 is the one taking the hit if the other person didn't ship properly and didn't provide insurance for the full value of the posters. My problem is the op saying that "vedderman72" is not safe to deal with even though the op received the items he was supposed to and in the condition described. Is it shady that vedderman72 said he would take pics of the damaged items and then just stops responding to the other person? Absolutely! That's my only problem with vedderman72 but then again, I don't really know if he was here posting on the boards or not replying to emails/pm or what was going on in his life.

I would agree that the op may have been hasty in the "not safe to deal with" comment until he has all of the facts.

The issue is, for me, the evidence that the posters are damaged. Vedderman said they were, and said he would send pictures, but then didn't and then ended contact with the OP.

The OP says he knows that vedderman has been here because he can see in his profile when vedderman was last here (yesterday according to the OP) which begs the question why hasn't he contacted the OP with the pictures of said damge? This is absolutely the heart of the issue AT THIS POINT imo. The heart of the issue completely changes if vedderman sends an email with photos of the damaged items, etc..

I feel Vedderman is obliged to show the OP the damage, especially after he said he would.

The issue of whether the OP did not pack the posters properly, or didn't insure them, is irrelevant imo UNTIL vedderman shows the pics of the damge.

IF and WHEN it is clear the psoters were damaged during shipment, then the question is "Why wasn't it insured? This is NOT necessarily the fault of the OP. What if vedderman did not want to pay the extra postage for insurance ? Then it''s on him. I guess I'm saying the details of the trade agreement between the two is needed to determine fault for lack of insurance. It very well could be on the OP
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options

Vedderman72 is the one taking the hit if the other person didn't ship properly and didn't provide insurance for the full value of the posters. My problem is the op saying that "vedderman72" is not safe to deal with even though the op received the items he was supposed to and in the condition described[b/]. Is it shady that vedderman72 said he would take pics of the damaged items and then just stops responding to the other person? Absolutely! That's my only problem with vedderman72 but then again, I don't really know if he was here posting on the boards or not replying to emails/pm or what was going on in his life.

Ahhh, okay. We are seeing this different. I am assuming that the OP did NOT receive what he was supposed to, based on this statement
    he would send me the Sao Paulo's soccer poster and the $125 back. My posters are in his hands and the problem is he doesn't answer me anymore
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    the OP is waiting for his money ($125) or the damaged posters back, that's the issue here.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I set him the pics I cant figure out how to post them on this sight I have them on my desk top but cant get them on here.

This is the email that I sent him a min ago:

Here are the pics, I cant beleive you would treat a fellow jammer like this. I expect an apology on the forum because I have done nothing. I held up my end of the bargain you got your stuff un damaged but did I nope then you go on the boards and drag my name through the mud. After further review it looks like I can salvage the variant. But I still do not have the regular and you bad mouthed me on the boards.

The tube he sent them in is a very cheap poster tube not made to ship stuff in just to store stuff in.

I have bought a lot of stuff from people on this board that know I am a good trader.
    Indianapolis, Indiana 11-24-1991 East Troy, Wisconsin 08-29-1992 West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 07-09-1995 Chicago, Illinois 07-11-1995 East Troy, Wisconsin 06-26-1998 Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000 Chicago, Illinois 09-23-2002 Noblesville, Indiana 06-22-2003 Toledo, Ohio 10-02-2004 Chicago, Illinois 10-05-2005 Grand Rapids, MI 05-19-2006 Chicago, Illinois 08-02-2007 Chicago, Illinois 08-23-2009 Noblesville, Indiana 05-07-2010 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I set him the pics I cant figure out how to post them on this sight I have them on my desk top but cant get them on here.

Here are the pics, I cant beleive you would treat a fellow jammer like this. I expect an apology on the forum because I have done nothing. I held up my end of the bargain you got your stuff un damaged but did I nope then you go on the boards and drag my name through the mud. After further review it looks like I can salvage the variant. But I still do not have the regular and you bad mouthed me on the boards.

The tube he sent them in is a very cheap poster tube not made to ship stuff in just to store stuff in.

I have bought a lot of stuff from people on this board that know I am a good trader.

photobucket.com if you really want to post pictures
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    Communication is key when doing trades over long distances with people you don't know. If you are in the middle of making a deal or property is in transit, it is key to keep in touch and check your PMs. I know from my own experience that if there is any uncertainty when doing a transaction that all it takes to make me feel confident is a simple PM, such as "goods are in the mail", "payment received" etc. If I were not contacted for 3 weeks waiting for resolution to a problems I know I would be pissed as well and would try my hardest to be heard by the other party.
  • Options

:?
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    anyone else looking for a curitiba variant?

:lol::lol: made me drop my popcorn already.....
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    TinAnt wrote:
    Communication is key when doing trades over long distances with people you don't know. If you are in the middle of making a deal or property is in transit, it is key to keep in touch and check your PMs. I know from my own experience that if there is any uncertainty when doing a transaction that all it takes to make me feel confident is a simple PM, such as "goods are in the mail", "payment received" etc. If I were not contacted for 3 weeks waiting for resolution to a problems I know I would be pissed as well and would try my hardest to be heard by the other party.

yeah, I have to agree with this. when my pm's go unanswered (but I know they are read) for a transaction unfulfilled, it makes me very uneasy. But also, as I proved myself when questioning a fellow member about it publicly, it turned out that it wasn't their fault it pissed the person off because they felt I was badmouthing them (which actually was not the intent, but regardless....water under the bridge now)

so, these threads can go either way. so be careful in what you say.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Indianapolis, Indiana 11-24-1991 East Troy, Wisconsin 08-29-1992 West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 07-09-1995 Chicago, Illinois 07-11-1995 East Troy, Wisconsin 06-26-1998 Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000 Chicago, Illinois 09-23-2002 Noblesville, Indiana 06-22-2003 Toledo, Ohio 10-02-2004 Chicago, Illinois 10-05-2005 Grand Rapids, MI 05-19-2006 Chicago, Illinois 08-02-2007 Chicago, Illinois 08-23-2009 Noblesville, Indiana 05-07-2010 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
  • Options
    Those posters are in pretty good shape considering the tube was broken.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Just wondering why the OP hasn't responded to ANY of this.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    TinAnt wrote:

I didnt buy pretty good shape "I bought New shape"
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Isn't the OP right now committing libel?
  • Options
    TinAnt wrote:

Cool I will sell them to you for 75 for the regular and 85 for the variant do you want my pay pal address.
  • Options
    TinAnt wrote:

Cool I will sell them to you for 75 for the regular and 85 for the variant do you want my pay pal address.

Don't take it the wrong way. Just an observation.
  • Options
    TinAnt wrote:
    TinAnt wrote:

Don't take it the wrong way. Just an observation.

It is hard to take it the wrong way right now, I am being called out on my favorite site for not getting back to some one that sent me damaged shit and I the stuff I sent him got to him in great shape doesnt that seem a little unfair.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    hope you guys can work this out....sounds pretty messy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    The posters showed up to my door with the tube almost torn in half the tube taped on one end no kraft paper in between each poster nothing protecting the ends of the posters on the inside of the tube, and to top it all off the posters were damaged. As far as I am concerned this falls in the lap of the OP to make right. Again thanks to all that have and are standing in my corner.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    The posters showed up to my door with the tube almost torn in half the tube taped on one end no kraft paper in between each poster nothing protecting the ends of the posters on the inside of the tube, and to top it all off the posters were damaged. As far as I am concerned this falls in the lap of the OP to make right. Again thanks to all that have and are standing in my corner.
    Like I stated earlier...weird that he hasn't replied to any of this.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    It is hard to take it the wrong way right now, I am being called out on my favorite site for not getting back to some one that sent me damaged shit and I the stuff I sent him got to him in great shape doesnt that seem a little unfair.

It's more than unfair, its' a crime, I do believe, or a civil infraction. Look up slander/defamation/libel.
    I don't how the thread wasn't slapped down the moment it appeared, or why it hasn't been reported yet.
  • Options

I understand, the OP came out with guns firing when in fact he could have just made a polite post asking for you to contact him. A polite post from the OP requesting communication from you would probably yield much better results and kept this matter between the only interested parties.
  • Options
    Rollings wrote:

It's more than unfair, its' a crime, I do believe, or a civil infraction. Look up slander/defamation/libel.
    I don't how the thread wasn't slapped down the moment it appeared, or why it hasn't been reported yet.

Doesn't it depend if the allegations are true or not?
  • Options
    TinAnt wrote:
    Rollings wrote:

Doesn't it depend if the allegations are true or not?

"Not Safe to Deal With" and "Bad User" IS defamation. People could read just the thread title and form opinions just from the thread title. There's freedom of speech, but there's laws that protect against this sort of stuff. Which is why I'm surprised this thread hasn't been stopped in its bad tracks.
  • Options
    Not to mention the low class and total uncoolness of the OP's actions in starting this thread.
    It's just ugly, and I'm sure there's at least 14 other ways, if not 19, of getting better results in a much more civilized manner.
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,942
    Both parties should resolve this matter privately. This thread is closed.
This discussion has been closed.