Options

Bad User 'vedderman72' Not Safe to Deal With

silverguisilvergui Posts: 15
edited January 2012 in Lost Dogs
The user 'vedderman72' (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=138009) is not reliable to anything here in this forum. The actually should be banned.

About four months ago I read someone complaining about him, that in the trade he didn't send this part of it. He replied saiyng he was out of time and I did not follow the end of it.

A couple of months ago he asked me he would trade his White Backspacer for my variant poster of Curitiba (brazil). I sayd OK and we did for ebay. I transfered $125 for him, and he sent me the Vynil, that was ok.

Then, I sent the variant poster and the regular one (he would send me the Sao Paulo's soccer poster and the $125 back). My posters are in his hands and the problem is he doesn't answer me anymore. His last reply was on January 8th.

"Yes they showed up with the poster tube torn in half and both posters messed up. I will send u pics. I am not sure where to go from here. i have two damaged posters that I am not sure i can even frame and hide the damage."

I asked him to send me the pictures or the posters back, or my money. And you know what is my answer? Nothing. He hasn't replied since January 8th. And his profile says he is using here every day, and yesterday (18th) was the last time he checked in TC.

I just want all the forum users to know that is NOT SAFE to deal with 'vedderman72' (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=138009).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    That really sucks...I would hope that 10c would step in and either make him make it right or drop him...good luck getting your goods!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    That really sucks...I would hope that 10c would step in and either make him make it right or drop him...good luck getting your goods!

I think it is a bad situation, but it shouldn't be up to the Ten Club to monitor private transactions.
  • Options
    what kind of tube did he ship it in? was it the same ones you get at the shows? were the posters insured?sorry about your situation
  • Options
    That is terrible. I am sorry. Everyone should know about this if the ten club can not or will not investigate. If they can regulate other aspect of this forum, then yes the definitely should be able to do something about this. Thank you for the tip, I will keep my eyes open.

Matt C
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I worked a deal with him last month and it was fine.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    juancor70juancor70 Posts: 206
    I hope your situation resolves.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    :x
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    edited January 2012
    This seems like a sticky situation, but from what your saying don't be too quick to rush to judgement and defame someone's integrity on the forum. It seems vedderman72 received destroyed items that were your responsibility (via 3rd party you introduced into the deal) to make sure were in tact. I imagine vedderman72 doesn't want to get "left holding the bag" on this one any more than you do. I hope 10c steps in and does something to take action about this, because that is not fair to both you and vedderman72. Best of luck!
    Post edited by rvapete on
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I'm confused. Who has the posters that are torn in half?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I agree. I don't think 10c should be babysitting, but I do think we should have a channel of communication to alert them about this type of stuff.

I think it is a bad situation, but it shouldn't be up to the Ten Club to monitor private transactions.[/quote]
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :popcorn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    anyone else looking for a curitiba variant?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    Do people really think it is the 10C's job to intervene?

They have nothing to do with the transaction in question. Regulating a message board is much different from regulating a private transaction.
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

After reading the op again, it seems that vedderman72 received damaged prints. I'm also confused how "vedderman72" is the bad guy here? Is it because he hasn't replied to the op after saying the posters were damaged? What kind of tube did the op send the posters in? Did he insure them?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Who tore his poster tubes in half, the Hulk?

10C should have nothing to do with this debacle. It ocurred on their website but any risk is put solely on both trading partners.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    boyo79 wrote:

After reading the op again, it seems that vedderman72 received damaged prints. I'm also confused how "vedderman72" is the bad guy here? Is it because he hasn't replied to the op after saying the posters were damaged? What kind of tube did the op send the posters in? Did he insure them?

I was thinking about the same questions. :?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    10C should have nothing to do with this ...same the rest of us....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    i got a mangled tube over the holidays - thankfully insurance was involved
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Problem is if ten club is put in the position to get involved, they will just eventually remove the Lost Dogs forum and ban threads involving sales and trades because they don't need the hassle.
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 949
    10C should have nothing to do with this ...same the rest of us....

agreed, well said
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

I was thinking about the same questions. :?
    What the op is complaining about is vedderman72 has not shown any proof, as he said he would, and suddenly not communicating anymore. I do agree that vedderman should email the pics of the damaged items. Even his email sounded dubious in that he first said the tubes were torn in half but then he says he probably can't frame them and hide the damage. This sounds ??????? to me. Of COURSE the damage can't be hidden nor the posters framed if the tubes were ripped in half.

I ALSO agree that 10C has no place in doing anything here. However, I do not think the op is out of line in calling vedder out in this trade forum if his emails and messages are being ignored. Here is what should (I THINK) take place, based on what the op has said here:

- Vedderman72 send the pictures of damged items as he said he would
    - If proof of damaged posters is shown, then the op must digress and do his part to resolve the issue.
    - If vedderman72 refuses to show proof or contact the op then he should be exposed on the bad trader list.

This is nothing more than my 2 cents/opinion. I hope these 2 can communicate with eachother and work this out earnestly.

Peace and Jams y'all
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Do people really think it is the 10C's job to intervene?

No way. It's not their job at all.
  • Options
    The poster tube showed up almost ripped in half and both of the posters were damaged on the edges just haven't had time to take pics yet. I don't see where I am the bad guy you got your stuff. I got damaged stuff if any thing they shouldn't deal with you because you cant package shit right I will send pics for all to see. Again I don't see where I am the bad guy.
    Indianapolis, Indiana 11-24-1991 East Troy, Wisconsin 08-29-1992 West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 07-09-1995 Chicago, Illinois 07-11-1995 East Troy, Wisconsin 06-26-1998 Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000 Chicago, Illinois 09-23-2002 Noblesville, Indiana 06-22-2003 Toledo, Ohio 10-02-2004 Chicago, Illinois 10-05-2005 Grand Rapids, MI 05-19-2006 Chicago, Illinois 08-02-2007 Chicago, Illinois 08-23-2009 Noblesville, Indiana 05-07-2010 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Don't mess with Iron Mike
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    If he sent it(and he clearly has) and you received it(in whatever condition) the responsibility is on the OP to have asked for insurance before sending. Vedderman would not have been allowed to send something torn in half in the first place. No post office in the world will accept damaged parcels to be sent.

This is just bad luck in postage, it happens, but its not on Vedderman to be called out and blamed like this.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    eldarion75 wrote:
    If he sent it(and he clearly has) and you received it(in whatever condition) the responsibility is on the OP to have asked for insurance before sending. Vedderman would not have been allowed to send something torn in half in the first place. No post office in the world will accept damaged parcels to be sent.

This is just bad luck in postage, it happens, but its not on Vedderman to be called out and blamed like this.

I think the OP sent the posters and Vedderman72 received them damaged. I think. That's what I gather from the OP's post but then I can't understand why he is blaming Vedderman72. Confused!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Always get insurance. Always get insurance. Always get insurance.
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:

Pretty sure the posters vedderman72 received were the damaged ones. I agree he shouldn't be called out. Maybe we need a thread on how to safely ship posters and such?
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:

Pretty sure the posters vedderman72 received were the damaged ones. I agree he shouldn't be called out. Maybe we need a thread on how to safely ship posters and such?

Good idea. Do it for vinyl too.
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:

Why shouldn't he? Vedderman is apparently on the forum everyday but has not replied to the op since Jan 8th? Why won't he reply to the op? He is only asking for pictures of the damaged posters, which vedderman initially said he would send. I don't see what is wrong with calling him out when he really has no other options. I DO NOT think that 10C has any obligation to do anything whatsoever but if vedderman will not return an email or message to this guy, what else is he supposed to do? Just eat his losses and accept vedders last message as the end of it? IF vedderman produces a few pictures as evidence of poster damage, then we have a different situation all together.

Again, just my 2 cents but please point out if I am wrong here?
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This discussion has been closed.