Options

so did anyone else look at last nights setlist.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    Dead Man is quite possibly, IMHO, the "worst" song PJ has ever recorded.

How could you ... I mean ... how could you say that? What the hell is WRONG with you?

I'm just kidding, of course ... but you seem to dislike some really badass songs.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    How could you ... I mean ... how could you say that? What the hell is WRONG with you?

I'm just kidding, of course ... but you seem to dislike some really badass songs.

it sounds like a fucking dirge, man.
    That's why.

Stone is right, it should have been "Dead man walking ... around"
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    That's why.

Stone is right, it should have been "Dead man walking ... around"

Ain't nothing wrong with a good dirge ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    QubeQube Posts: 44
    must say that i don't know all the songs...but i can't wait to hear them. i'm more excited about this than i am of the upcoming tour- of which i'm extatic. the small venue w/ one of THE most prolific song writers/performers of our generation....f'n'a...see you at LA2
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    Qube wrote:
    must say that i don't know all the songs...but i can't wait to hear them. i'm more excited about this than i am of the upcoming tour- of which i'm extatic. the small venue w/ one of THE most prolific song writers/performers of our generation....f'n'a...see you at LA2

i agree..see ya there! there is a reason EV is doing these solo shows on the West Coast.. and it's because he knows where his true fans are!!
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I enjoyed Ed's opening set at the Vic, but I don't think an entire 2 hour set of him solo would be for me. I am glad others enjoy it, but I'm happy sitting this one out.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    That's why.

dude, it IS a dirge. it's about an execution for raping and killing a couple.
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • Options
    QubeQube Posts: 44
    does "dirge" mean "kick ass" or at least "pretty f'n good"?..my educatin is good (spelling not), i don't know that word..but if we're talking about dead man i know it can't be a trashing. Dead Man is different and maybe not for everyone, but i love some good ol' fashioned dirges i.e Hard to Imagine, DTE..etc. I believe dead man is on the benaroya cd and i do believe i love it
  • Options
    Joanne wrote:
    dude, it IS a dirge. it's about an execution for raping and killing a couple.

you're right, it is.
    i just felt like given we were talking about a rock band, it may be improper to use the term as a direct description. So i used it in metaphor. "Sound LIKE".

Either way, not my cup of tea.
    I'm not saying it isn't profound, deep, or moving.
    I'm just saying i don't like it as a song.
    ;)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    you're right, it is.
    i just felt like given we were talking about a rock band, it may be improper to use the term as a direct description. So i used it in metaphor. "Sound LIKE".

Either way, not my cup of tea.
    I'm not saying it isn't profound, deep, or moving.
    I'm just saying i don't like it as a song.
    ;)

we are not talking about a "rock band"... we are talking about "EV solo"...
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Dead Man is quite possibly, IMHO, the "worst" song PJ has ever recorded.

i'm glad to see there is someone else that feels the same as i do about this song...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks