Options

Welcome Newbies

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I know about Boston Lou...what's with bean girl? :?

Try google. "bean girl pearl jam" and then piece it together.

and it's an interesting read.....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Would she eat them on a boat?
    Would she just to self-promote?
    Is she here & maybe hiding? :shifty:
    With Newbie stats is she abiding?
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Would she eat them on a boat?
    Would she just to self-promote?
    Is she here & maybe hiding? :shifty:
    With Newbie stats is she abiding?

:lol::lol:

Welcome kellanazzie :wave:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    Thanks Shimmy Mommy...amazing place & glad I'm here
    Cannot wait for my first 10c ticket sale ;)
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    iluvcats wrote:
    Anyone who joined after August 28th 2003 is pretty much a newbie in my book. :lol:

I don't know why it says I joined 8/29/2003. I signed up for the 10c in 1998!

that's the date of one of the forum switchovers cats, it has nothing to do with when you joined the 10club

I know exactly when I came to the board(s) for the first time, September 11, 2001, merely by accident, around 8:30 in the morning. Obviously, I remember the day.

But it doesn't reflect that date with my avatar - and the date listed is not the date I joined the fanclub either.

Yep me too,I was a postal member from 93 but didn't get a computer until much later,my avatar date is a switch-over date.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    Thanks Shimmy Mommy...amazing place & glad I'm here
    Cannot wait for my first 10c ticket sale ;)

Yes, this place rocks!!! I love visiting!! 8-)
    I hear one is coming up...another tip: F5 will be your best friend that day. Seriously. :shifty:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    where did all the newbies go?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:
    where did all the newbies go?
    Long Time Passing...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I know about Boston Lou...what's with bean girl? :?

Try google. "bean girl pearl jam" and then piece it together.

wow, there's some old timers in that thread, panthergirl, Share, DAMN

i've been around here too long I do think :lol:

and oh the bean girl, she was real, I saw her in action myself
  • Options
    norm wrote:

That thread is comic gold! Thanks so much for posting it. Great stuff. It really made me laugh, although I did feel sorry for the guy who got sick. That would be terribly embarrassing.

As for the thread topic, I've been here on and off since May, but I don't know hardly anyone, so maybe I'm a n00b. I guess I'm just not as good at getting to know people as some others - this can be a pretty intimidating place if you don't hardly know anyone and everyone seems to have known each other forever. I'm just terrible in those kinds of situations. So I end up posting for a day or so, then when I don't feel like I've connected, I leave for a few weeks. Then I spend 2-3 weeks working up the courage to come back and try again.

Not sure why...but it appears that I'm not very good at this message board thing. I'm only on one other board, and I've been on staff there for a decade, so am really comfortable there. This has just been really hard.

Ah well...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    norm wrote:
    REQUIRED READING:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17949

That thread is comic gold! Thanks so much for posting it. Great stuff. It really made me laugh, although I did feel sorry for the guy who got sick. That would be terribly embarrassing.

As for the thread topic, I've been here on and off since May, but I don't know hardly anyone, so maybe I'm a n00b. I guess I'm just not as good at getting to know people as some others - this can be a pretty intimidating place if you don't hardly know anyone and everyone seems to have known each other forever. I'm just terrible in those kinds of situations. So I end up posting for a day or so, then when I don't feel like I've connected, I leave for a few weeks. Then I spend 2-3 weeks working up the courage to come back and try again.

Not sure why...but it appears that I'm not very good at this message board thing. I'm only on one other board, and I've been on staff there for a decade, so am really comfortable there. This has just been really hard.

Ah well...

just post whatever is on your mind.....and we will get you....but i for one remember you...since you are from anchorage...

have you seen the sun this year yet. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    ^ Oh yes...in Anchorage we never lose the sun completely. We get down to about 5 hours of 'daylight' in December (most of it twilight, really)...but you have to go to Barrow to get the 64 days of darkness thing. They just had their first sunrise in 64 days on Jan 23. :)
  • Options
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    ^ Oh yes...in Anchorage we never lose the sun completely. We get down to about 5 hours of 'daylight' in December (most of it twilight, really)...but you have to go to Barrow to get the 64 days of darkness thing. They just had their first sunrise in 64 days on Jan 23. :)

crazy...not sure how you people do it.

one of my gf's college roommates lives up there now...she has about had enough of it....

i still keep looking around here for a good spot to open a suger shack. :lol: thoses places were so cool.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    sugar

fixed

I'm getting really sick of covering imalive's coffee breaks. :lol:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    norm wrote:

Ah well...

everyone is new here at some point
  • Options
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=182005
    ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Welcome PKTrekGirl :mrgreen: :wave:

Just like 81 and norm said, everyone was new here at some point, so just post what you feel :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    Cheeks wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I'm still a newbie, by both definitions--especially when you factor in the Canadian timeframe extension.

Thanks for the welcome! This place is great--people are hilarious for one thing, but the community is also very supportive and will reach out with kindness, as I've already experienced first hand.

we need to get you a better avatar....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Cheeks wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I'm still a newbie, by both definitions--especially when you factor in the Canadian timeframe extension.

Thanks for the welcome! This place is great--people are hilarious for one thing, but the community is also very supportive and will reach out with kindness, as I've already experienced first hand.

we need to get you a better avatar....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

it appears cheeks changed it...now we just need to center her in the pic and ditch the kid. :P :lol::lol:

seriously tho...for the newbs...it's all about the avatar. you gotta have a good one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Welcome everyone.
    Just curious

what membership numbers are we up to at this point in time ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Welcome everyone.
    Just curious

what membership numbers are we up to at this point in time ?

I've seen this question a number of times...can you tell me if there is any significance?
    My number is 479xxx....and yes, I know I'll be in the rafters...thats...OK :D
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    it appears cheeks changed it...now we just need to center her in the pic and ditch the kid. :P :lol::lol:

seriously tho...for the newbs...it's all about the avatar. you gotta have a good one.

Yeah...passport styles seem to do well here... :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    So...

I just want to scream...

Hello!!! :wave:
  • Options
    :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I'm new.

how do yo use those smilies?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I'm new.

you are on fire the last 2 days :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I'm new.

:nono:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    Lizard wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I'm new.

:nono:
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    norm wrote:

OMG, thanks for sharing, I'm dying here :lol::lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    So wait...do I start over now...new emoticons tooo :lol::lol::lol: