2013 Winter Classic WINGS vs. LEAFS @ the BIG HOUSE

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
WOW 113,000 strong :shock:

should be interesting with the Canadian aspect

but it would quite the sight to see that many people at an NHL game
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WOW 113,000 strong :shock:

Is this official yet? I was really hoping it was going to be Wings-Blackhawks. Regardless, that will be nuts to have that many people at a hockey game.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    WOW 113,000 strong :shock:

Is this official yet? I was really hoping it was going to be Wings-Blackhawks. Regardless, that will be nuts to have that many people at a hockey game.

no but in the report i just saw it said its one of the "worst kept secrets".. :D

it will be announced soon enough

they need the canadian team to sell all those seats...and with toronto being so close...it makes sense
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm going on the record right now...i will not be watching this game.

and you couldn't pay me to attend. :lol:

fuck michigan. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:

how the hell will people see anything happening on the ice? :?

i heard it was tough in philly...can't imagine how bad it would be in a place as big as that...
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

how the hell will people see anything happening on the ice? :?.

watch it on their phones
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

how the hell will people see anything happening on the ice? :?.

watch it on their phones
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

how the hell will people see anything happening on the ice? :?

i heard it was tough in philly...can't imagine how bad it would be in a place as big as that...

it sucks on tv, can't see it being better in person
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Suppose to be announced before the all star game...apparently their will be 2 outdoor rinks...1 at comerica park where the alumni game and maybe a college game will be played. It will be interesting...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    thier are a ton of blind spots..i watched the big phillies board for half the game

it was just awesome being there
  • thier are a ton of blind spots..i watched the big phillies board for half the game

My understanding was that upper level seats were all good - the lower the worse the view. Plenty of high seats at Ann Arbor. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    thier are a ton of blind spots..i watched the big phillies board for half the game

My understanding was that upper level seats were all good - the lower the worse the view. Plenty of high seats at Ann Arbor. :lol:

yes field level was horrible for the most part

i was 231 next to 3rd base ...high enough but the other side of the ice had some problems
  • Funny that several Canadian teams can't host the WC or Heritage Classic because they have gay domes. Could they just keep Skydome open for a few weeks???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428

and football stadiums have a more natural seating arrangement than baseball stadiums for hockey. no really odd angles like you get at baseball stadiums.

also heard one of the holdups for the Big House was they don't sell beer and they needed to get a special agreement to be allowed to sell beer at the Winter Classic.
    pjhawks wrote:

and football stadiums have a more natural seating arrangement than baseball stadiums for hockey. no really odd angles like you get at baseball stadiums.

also heard one of the holdups for the Big House was they don't sell beer and they needed to get a special agreement to be allowed to sell beer at the Winter Classic.

there was also talk that mr pizza pizza might want to put it in comerica since he owns the tigers as well as wants to keep dollars in detroit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    there are a bunch of alumni that played on both teams ... larry murphy, curtis joseph, steve thomas, etc ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    there are a bunch of alumni that played on both teams ... larry murphy, curtis joseph, steve thomas, etc ...

cujo to toronto...murphy to detroit...thomas to toronto.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Did Larry Murphy play for Pittsburgh alumni? Larry may have been eligible to play in just about every classic alumni game now that I think about it. :geek:

He would be a lock for Detroit since he works for Fox Sports Detroit coverage of the Red Wings.

Cujo is a Blues alumni to me.
    Jason P wrote:
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Did Larry Murphy play for Pittsburgh alumni? Larry may have been eligible to play in just about every classic alumni game now that I think about it. :geek:

He would be a lock for Detroit since he works for Fox Sports Detroit coverage of the Red Wings.

Cujo is a Blues alumni to me.

larry didn't play for philly or Ny or boston
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The BIG House....

549390.gif
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:

:thumbup:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

:thumbup:

:lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :|
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    So 2 million Torontonians probably think they're all going to this. I will be for sure though.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    :|

:lol::lol:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    although it's a detroit home game ... i wouldn't be surprised if it's more split amongst the fans ...
    one thing is for sure...it will sell out

100,000 for an NHL GAME :o:):)
  • I might as well come out of my several month posting hiatus to say that I might be more excited for the alumni game than the actual game. I hope Yzerman, Shanahan, and Fedorov all lace them up.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    This will be the best winter classic so far. Anyone who normally does not get a chance to see junior (OHL) hockey and you get a chance to go...definitely go! junior hockey is great...the future NHL players.

I think the whole week be great! and great for Detroit! well done Mr Illitch :clap::clap:.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

MFCarissa wrote:
    I might as well come out of my several month posting hiatus to say that I might be more excited for the alumni game than the actual game. I hope Yzerman, Shanahan, and Fedorov all lace them up.

Yes that would be nice...someone I would have loved to see would be Bob Probert (RIP), unfortunately that will not happen. Hopefully Kocur plays and Domi plays.