MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    just post here what ever you like

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

POP POP!
    POP POP!
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    Thanks Dimi! :)

I met the girl I love in this forum! :):):)
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Options
    photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    :clap: :thumbup:

Dimi,

This is so incredibly wonderful of you...I'm just sorry you didn't get the poster you were looking for through all of this! Thanks so much for the opportunity, though! Ok, PJ story...

My boyfriend Joey and I met in 2009 as we both started the same graduate program. He was a huge PJ fan and I only knew of PJ songs I had heard on the radio (mostly from the 90's). As we got closer, Joey wanted to introduce me to how wonderful the band was...so he made me a 'mix tape' cd of songs he thought I would enjoy (which I did). At the beginning of 2010 when we started dating, one of our first 'official' dates was to a PJ concert in St. Louis. It was fabulous! However, one of my favorite PJ related memories (I say PJ related because this one deals mainly with Eddie) was when we got tickets that same year to see the August 28th Voices for Justice Rally for the West Memphis 3 in Little Rock.

It was a night filled with a wonderful message and support for the West Memphis 3, really great music, and one of Joey's favorite people (Eddie) and one of my favorite people (Johnny Depp) on the same stage...and even making music together and hugging!!! It was the most incredible event I had been to at that point. We were so excited and happy when the show was over and we talked about how amazing the show was on our way back to his truck...which had been broken into. :( Things were stolen out of the truck, the passenger's window had been completely shattered, the windsheild had been irrepairably broken and cracked, and the rock responsible for it all was sitting in the driver's seat. We then had to wait around for the police (evidently this had happened to a number of cars that night), try our best to sweep out the biggest pieces of glass so that we could go to a car wash and vaccuum out the rest, and drive all the way back to Missouri with no passenger's window and a broken windshield super late at night. On occasion, we will still find a broken piece of glass lingering around the truck...or we will see the rock (that we kept and named the 'Johnny Depp rock') behind our seats and think about what a great night it was despite everything else.

Thanks again, Dimi! :D
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    GetALife wrote:
    Thanks Dimi! :)

I met the girl I love in this forum! :):):)

!!! :D :wave:

Dimi, thank you very much for this contest! See you soon in Amsterdam!!
  • Options
    cojobocojobo Ontario Posts: 299
    Your generosity amazes me!!

You must have earned so many "points" in the game of karma/life that you should retire... although you'd probably want to give your retirement away too!!

Thanks...
    Halifax '05, Toronto '09, Toronto 2 '11, Hamilton '11, London '13, Chicago '13. Buffalo '13 , Leeds '14, Detroit '14, New York (GCF) '15, Ottawa '16, Toronto 1 '16, Toronto 2 '16
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm in on this one too Dimi!

We met at the Pre Party in WI too...wondering if you had to look Connecticut up on the map??? Haha! Maybe the t-shirt came in handy as a good pillow on some of your adventures after PJ 20! :P
    We waited in such long lines and had to protect those posters in the pouring rain! Well, until we got to the UPS tent anyway. It's so nice of you to have such a wonderful give away!!

I have a PJ story....My man and I have been seeing PJ since 96. We went to a show in Hartford in May 2006. We were walking to get something to drink and we hear someone yelling my boyfriends name. Happens to be someone he went to high school with (a long time ago :lol: ). After exchanging phone numbers we met up with him and his wife a few shows later in NJ. After setting up in the lot the boys got into talking about old times so his wife and I went to walk over the bridge to pick up our 10c tickets. Ya know, it's about a 15 minute walk...so by the time we came back with our tickets we had became the best of friends. We have seen so many shows together since and spent our nights at Bonnaroooooo dancing away in the fields. I think Pearl Jam that night was spectacular. PJ 20 was such a great experience, one we shared with our friends that are now more like family. We suffer the 10c ticket buying process together, we hope each one wins the lottery and best of all we understand each other. Cause we get it....

Hugs!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    jcarhartjcarhart Posts: 189
    Dimi - This is pretty cool. Thanks for the generosity.

sign me up for a chance at the PJ 20 posters. i missed out on all three and then even got the confirmation and leter refund on the billboard poster.

Maybe this is my time......

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Wow -- this is way generous!

Thanks for the chance! :D
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    Wow, thanks for the chance. Bring on Europe 2012
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    "We've got to live together"!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Very cool giveaway. You generosity always amazes me.

Thanks for the chance.
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Thanks Dimi, I'm going to shamelessly repost one of my older posts to this thread, it'll be 'our' entry as music has become the perfect link between my rapidly maturing step son and me.

guitar.jpg

Just over two years ago my stepson was introduced to live music at the 2009 Perth Australia Pearl Jam show - from the front row. Nine songs in, Ed spoke to him (the 12 year old on the boot), flicked him a pick as did Mike - he was blown away (as were we). He went home and drew pictures of Pearl Jam for days after and listened PJ non stop.

In 2010 we were in New York for our wedding & I took him with me to MSG 2. He was speechless on our walk back form the garden to our hotel - totally blown away.

In 2011 he saw Ed solo in Perth in the second row. Ed gave him a little wave and wink. After the show he told us he wanted to learn to play.

We got him the Fender accoustic and he started lessons. He quickly graduated to an electric strat copy and I picked up a really cool little Orange amp. He boomed with his lessons and in 6 months has become a very good young player. He has learnt about a dozen Pearl Jam songs - most he taught himself using youtube and tabs.

In 2011 we found ourselves back in the USA and he got the Gibson Les Paul and the Fender Strat (and a Uke). He wanted guitars like Mike. Now he is really going forward in leaps and bounds with stage quality instruments. He already has a killer sound! Thie picture is taken in his bedroom.

While we were in LA we saw the Foo Fighters at The Forum in LA and got one of Dave's picks. Tonight we're seeing the Foos in Perth at the same stadium as the 2009 PJ show. (He scored Chris' pick!)

Amazing how one little moment in 2009 at a Pearl Jam show has planted a seed and made such a huge difference in one kid's life. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHd0tb2qRr4
    The moment in 2009 - after Unthought Known :)

rail.jpg
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Hey Dimitris! :wave:
    I actually already have all those posters except for the Europe 06 one, just wanted to say what a wonderfully generous person you are. The very best of luck to all! Here's to another year of Pearl Jam madness!!! :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    "A human being that was given to fly"
  • Options
    nice!!!!
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    Thanks for the opportunity!!!! Very generous!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mtxmtx Posts: 283
    You ROCK!
    If I win, Klausen and Hampton goes for another draw. Posters should travel the world ;P
    Wuhlheide 2006, 2009, 2010,2014; Chorzów 2007; Hyde Park 2010; Open'er 2010;
    Alpine 1&2;
    2012 Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, Copenhagen;
    2013 Wrigley EarthCam / Ice cold water $1
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    Cheers to you, what a fantastic thing to do. Happy New Year!
    I win.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Sometimes humanity is greatly depressing with all of the evil and heartache in the current state of the world....and then there's Pearl Jam and it's fans to tell me it's not that bad.....there are a few good people trying to simply do good things sometimes. Very beautiful gesture!!!!!
  • Options
    animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    very generous of you.
    gig posters are the reason why i do what i do and why i study and practice design.
  • Options
    Mookie1Mookie1 Posts: 223
    Thanks For the chance. Look forward to winning. Your generosity knows no bounds. Very impressive.

Mookie1
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    wow...very generous of you Dimi! :D

thanks for the chance!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Thanks for doing this. So generous and amazing.
    Shows Attended:
    10/05/00 Toronto, 09/13/05 Hamilton, 09/19/05 Toronto,
    05/09/06 Toronto, 05/10/06 Toronto, 08/12/08 Toronto EV,
    08/13/08 Toronto EV, 08/21/09 Toronto, 05/10/10 Buffalo
  • Options
    PJ20 deluxe DVD package is rockin my world right now!!! Very generous Dimitri
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    Wow Dimitris, WOW!
    This is one of the MANY cool things that make me love the people on this board.
    Great year for being a PJ fan.
    Best thing was winning the lottery in Saskatoon and being front row center. Best night of my life.…so far.
    Thanks for doing this.
    Tyler
  • Options
    It' always NOTHING as it seems.
    Nissan Pavilion Stone Ridge, Bristow Virginia, 7-1-2003; Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, Wisconsin, 3-9-2011 & 4-9-2011; Estadio Nacional, San José, Costa Rica, 11-20-2011; 02 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic, 7-2-2012; 02 World, Berlin, Germany, 7-4-2012; Ericsson Globe, Stockholm, Sweden, 7-7-2012; Oslo Spektrum, Norway, 7-9-2012; Forum, Copenhagen, Denmark, 7-10-2012; 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, Maryland, 10-27-2013; Global Citizen Festival, NYC, 9-26-2015; Foro Sol, México D.F., 11-28-2015; Madison Square Garden, NYC, 05-01-2016; Madison Square Garden, NYC, 05-02-2016; Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington, 8-8-2018; Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington 8-10-2018.
    http://livefootsteps.org/USER/?USR=1225

• Options
    Awesome.

Would love to win one. Don't care if i don't.

I know you were trying to get your billboard Dimi, i hope one day you do.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    getting a red mosquito tattoo soon
    /random

thx Dim!
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?