Options

a few posters..

Comments

• Options
    wow! thank you for the kindness and i know whoever wins will be so appreciative of your generosity and goodwill!!
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    Please enter me sir.
    Thank you :mrgreen:
  • Options
    lauriehesterlauriehester Posts: 22
    edited January 2012
    In 2006, I had planned a trip to Europe to coincide with the PJ tour... starting in Portugal, hitting Madrid, Marseille, doing some sight-seeing on the Italian Riviera (Cinque Terre), then joining the tour in Bologna again, and ending with Verona. Then, unfortunately (or fortunately), I got a contract a month before the trip, and had to cancel the trip. But the airfare was non-refundable, so I took Friday off, left Thursday night for Verona, got there and settled in my hotel by 10pm Friday night, and wandered down to the Arena where all the restaurants were... There, I found about 50 people I knew in the PJ community which I had met from 2000 onward. This is what PJ means to me... the wonderful PJ community! We closed all the bars and then some, and woke up in time for the fan club ticket pick up the next day. Since that show was my friend's 250th show, I had requested Immortality for her through the Ten Club, which they said they couldn't do... As we were waiting for the tickets, the soundcheck began, and to my delight, first Ed played Immortality, then the whole band did, even though they didn't play it at the show. Coincidence? Don't know, but when my friend picked up her tickets, the whole band had signed the envelope! It started pouring down rain, and we waited in a restaurant in the square until after the opening band went on... vendors were selling colorful rain ponchos, which many bought. When we got into the venue, there was a long delay, and rumors that the band wasn't going to play, but every single person there stood in that rain, with their colorful ponchos on, and eventually the band came out and the magic began. The audience was sooo beautiful in their colors, like a sea of balloons! PJ were giving it their all, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen! Magic. Next day, got on a plane home... it was well worth it.

Dimitris, thanks for doing this, and I already have the PJ20 poster with the kids around the table, should I "win"... :)
    Post edited by lauriehester on
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I would like to enter, please. :mrgreen:
    Thanks, Dimi.
    A very generous and great thing.
  • Options
    j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168
    Wow, nice work Dimi. Enter me please!

Here's a quick PJ story...Going to PJ20 in WI was the best decision I ever made.
  • Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    When I see you at the upcoming shows, I need to say hi and thanks for making this forum great.
  • Options
    sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    Tell me that's not the PJ20 Klausen I stood in line for over an hour for that you're giving away! :lol::lol: Just kidding 8-)

That's not what I wanted to post :P I wanted to ask if I shd get a new pair of Cons for ppl to sign at the Euro 2012 shows I'll be attending? Do I really wanna become "sign-my-shoes" girl? :roll:

Good luck all!
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • Options
    Thanks Dimi!!! :D
  • Options
    pearlhawkpearlhawk Posts: 631
    I'll take free posters!

P.S. Play Iowa!
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • Options
    I'm VEDDERMAN72 and I live eat and breath the fab five.
    Indianapolis, Indiana 11-24-1991 East Troy, Wisconsin 08-29-1992 West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 07-09-1995 Chicago, Illinois 07-11-1995 East Troy, Wisconsin 06-26-1998 Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000 Chicago, Illinois 09-23-2002 Noblesville, Indiana 06-22-2003 Toledo, Ohio 10-02-2004 Chicago, Illinois 10-05-2005 Grand Rapids, MI 05-19-2006 Chicago, Illinois 08-02-2007 Chicago, Illinois 08-23-2009 Noblesville, Indiana 05-07-2010 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
  • Options
    what ever you like, your name or a pj story,or whatever or nothing
    have fun,ill announce winner next friday evening.
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    second favorite thread ever behind this one: http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=181157 :) You rock!
  • Options
    So what are the odds????
    One in a hundred....... one in a thousand

More like one in a million

SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE!!! :lol:

count me in please and thank you
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    So what are the odds????
    One in a hundred....... one in a thousand

More like one in a million

SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE!!! :lol:

count me in please and thank you

B16AAA11EFD5B733A07C18_Large.jpg

Please consider this my official entry!
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    VeddermbVeddermb Posts: 381
    Incredibly generous!
  • Options
    Wow awesome thing to do, the new Zealand one is sweet
    5/21/10 M.S.G
    5/18/10 Newark
    9/27/09 Philly Spectrum
  • Options
    Stephanie loves PJ posters! :D
    Chicago-United Center 8/24/2009
    EV @ Chicago Theatre 6/29/2011
    PJ20 9/3/2011 - 9/4/11
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    what a wonderful thing to do to start the new year off!!!! put me in for one of those BEAUTIFUL alpine valley posters..... didn't have a chance to get them all before the sky opened up on us on day one.....thx... love from n.c.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    DeadpoolDeadpool Posts: 155
    Rock on.
  • Options
    Enter me in the contest please.....

This is a very generous idea....thanks a lot!!!!
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    Thanks for the chance, yet another kind gesture on your part!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    mhartmhart Posts: 17
    Wow, you rock! Thanks!
  • Options
    cross7806cross7806 Posts: 222
    Incredibly generous of you! Thanks for the chance. My story is about my 4th show my wife's 2nd and my sons 1st show at Noblesville In. 5-7-10. He was 7 we were in the back of the lawn. We got caught in traffic and were running late. Thanks to the storm that was near they delayed going on stage. As we were walking threw the gates the intro music turned on and we ran to the lawn. Climbed to the top the wife and I danced and sang as the kid was running around and dancing. Then they went into Supersonic and my boy flipped out as that is his fav. song. He ran up to me jumped in my arms and sang and danced the whole song. My avatar is a pic of us that my wife took that night during that song. Being able to jam out and sing along to my/our favorite band is really awesome. Thanks again for the chance.
  • Options
    The alpine weekend all of you and
    You. And the Friday hotel after party. Good times. Thanks D
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    PART.OF.eV3RY.DAYPART.OF.eV3RY.DAY Posts: 146
    edited January 2012
    81 wrote:
    you sir....are nuts... :lol:

+1

-UPS destroyed my Hampton (personalized) from the show :cry: .
    -Still haven't scored the AMES poster, which has a depiction of Dennis Rodman, who is my favourite basketball player of all time!
    SSPX0303-1.jpg?t=1326964651

Good luck to all... Have a safe & happy year... DIMI rules \m/
    Post edited by PART.OF.eV3RY.DAY on
  • Options
    stipe19stipe19 Posts: 237
    A bottle of faithful ale for you to show respect for all you do here. Of course the bottle will be empty because I am an alcoholic and I already drunk the ale :lol:
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    Thanks D
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    brianfromkybrianfromky Alexandria, KY Posts: 16
    Dimi, you are the best! My favorite PJ story is when we saw PJ20 Night One together! Oh memories!
    2000 Cincinnati
    2003 Indianapolis
    2006 Cincinnati
    2008 Bonnaroo
    2010 Columbus, Indianapolis
    2011 PJ20 1 & 2
    2013 Pittsburgh
    2014 Cincinnati, Saint Louis, Detroit
    2016 Lexington, Philadelphia 1 & 2, NYC 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    Definite proof that nobility still outweighs greed in some corners of this world.

I would love to be entered for this, I was at PJ20 and failed to secure a poster on either day, despite waiting in line both days for over an hour and then finding out they were sold out. So I'm definitely crossing my fingers for the PJ20 set! They are the only shows that I've been to that I don't have the posters for!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    You sir, are a star amongst stars! Most generous and cool offer, thanks!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved