PJ/Petty Summerfest Roll Call

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Ok if your going both days or just one day. For some of us its the last time we will see PJ until next tour. To have PJ kick off Summerfest is a real treat. My first Pearl Jam show was at Summerfest 1995. So these two shows are very special to myself. Regardless of the sets being shorter. It gonna be sweet seeing them back in Milwaukee. Of course ALPINE VALLEY would be better hehe. So whos going to Summerfest?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I will be there both nights can't wait.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Already Know Im In Both Nights.see Ya In 48 Hours.
  • markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    2x
  • Friday show only after Cubs/Sox at Wrigley in the bleachers. Anyone taking Amtrak from Chicago?
    192xxx
    6/26+27/98, 10/8/00 (IB), 6/21/03, 9/3+4/11 (PJ20) - East Troy
    6/29/98, 10/9/00, 6/18/03, 5/16+17/06, 8/23+24/09, 8/20+22/16, 8/18+20/18, 8/29+31/24 - Chicago
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    10/5/04, 9/18/22 - St. Louis
    6/29/06, 10/20/14 - Milwaukee
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington

• moxyfopmoxyfop Posts: 16
    Amber, Natalie & The Mary...
    Thursday only...

*whispers*
    **bingo**
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    moxyfop wrote:
    Amber, Natalie & The Mary...
    Thursday only...

*whispers*
    **bingo**

BINGO yesssssssssssss
  • chicagoguychicagoguy Posts: 12
    Friday only. Driving up with a friend but taking the Amtrak home. I am very nervous about the ending time of the concert. The last train to Chicago leaves at midnight supposedly. Does anyone know if it leaves right on time? Also, how far is Milwaukees train station from Summerfest grounds?
    chicagoguy wrote:
    Friday only. Driving up with a friend but taking the Amtrak home. I am very nervous about the ending time of the concert. The last train to Chicago leaves at midnight supposedly. Does anyone know if it leaves right on time? Also, how far is Milwaukees train station from Summerfest grounds?

The downtown train station isn't that far from the summerfest grounds. I would check Amtrak on leaving on time. I think the show will end around 1130pm. I've never heard of a mainstage show ending at midnight. They have kinda tight rules on the cerfew. You should be ok . Good luck
  • chicagoguychicagoguy Posts: 12
    Thanks for the info. When you say that the train station is not too far, could you be a little bit more specific. I will probably walk it just because a cab would take longer with the traffic I think. Is it like a 10 minute walk or am I better off getting in a cab. In your estimation are we talking like a mile down the road or 5 miles?
  • The train station is like 1.5 miles from the Summerfest grounds. It's definitely walkable but, you better walk fast if you have a 12:00 train to catch.
  • heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    friday night show ... everyone enjoy!!!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Thursday & Friday...see y'all there!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    The train station is like 1.5 miles from the Summerfest grounds. It's definitely walkable but, you better walk fast if you have a 12:00 train to catch.
    Yeah that's gonna be tight.Im guesing show wont end before 11:30 then try to get threw a crowd of 100 grand.Whew good luck.
  • RonForchetteRonForchette Posts: 175
    Hi, everyone. This is mys first posting. I'm going to the Thusday June 29 show, and I couldn't be more excited. I haven't seen Pearl Jam since Alpine Valley '00, a very cold show, so I'm hoping for nice, warm temps. I'm taking my girlfriend, who is a fan, but has never seen the band live. I'm excited to break her Pearl Jam cherry, she'll have a great time. Kinda bummed about the shorted set. I'm not a huge Petty fan, but I've never seen Tom live, so I'll check 'em out and hopefully have a great time.
    So I have one question hopefully someone can answer for me: Does anyone think there will be a pre-set? I'm gonna get there (hopefully) when doors open, and the show starts at 7:30. If they would do a pre-set, what time would they do it?
    I've been lurking here for quite a while so I wanted to end with a big "Hello" to everyone, keep being kind! Here's hoping Pearl Jam will come back to Milwaukee and play a huge set at Alpine or indoors somewhere!
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
    Hi, everyone. This is mys first posting. I'm going to the Thusday June 29 show, and I couldn't be more excited. I haven't seen Pearl Jam since Alpine Valley '00, a very cold show, so I'm hoping for nice, warm temps. I'm taking my girlfriend, who is a fan, but has never seen the band live. I'm excited to break her Pearl Jam cherry, she'll have a great time. Kinda bummed about the shorted set. I'm not a huge Petty fan, but I've never seen Tom live, so I'll check 'em out and hopefully have a great time.
    So I have one question hopefully someone can answer for me: Does anyone think there will be a pre-set? I'm gonna get there (hopefully) when doors open, and the show starts at 7:30. If they would do a pre-set, what time would they do it?
    I've been lurking here for quite a while so I wanted to end with a big "Hello" to everyone, keep being kind! Here's hoping Pearl Jam will come back to Milwaukee and play a huge set at Alpine or indoors somewhere!

I don't know about pre-set. Not sure if they did that in St. Paul. Ice bowl was cold but a great time. Lets hope for alpine 2007. Enjoy the show, cant wait for thursday and friday.
  • RonForchetteRonForchette Posts: 175
    I hope you enjoy the show as well!
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
    I hope you enjoy the show as well!

And you also my fellow Milwaukee PJ fan.
  • I am going the 29th and maybe taking the train. Do you think they will release lawn tickets for the 30th show on that day? Can't afford anything more after the 29th. Maybe I will tell my parents I missed the train and then say I got tickets and stay for the 30th show and find some tickets. Also do you think I could find a hotel room the night of? I know it is impoosible now but don't you think rooms will open up due to people not showing up? About how much should a hotel cost anyways?

Sorry for all the questions but any help would be great!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • i'm there.
    ~I'd list my shows here, but I've long since lost count~
  • Thurs. will be my first PJ concert. I can't wait!!! Hope to get to meet some of you!

Theresa
    Do you see the way that tree bends?
    Does it inspire?
    Leaning out to catch the sun's rays
    A lesson to be applied
    Lollapalooza 8.5.07
    Gorge 7.22.06, 7.23.06
    Summerfest 6.29.06, 6.30.06
  • SudokuSudoku Posts: 9
    I am going the 29th and maybe taking the train. Maybe I will tell my parents I missed the train and then say I got tickets and stay for the 30th show and find some tickets. Also do you think I could find a hotel room the night of? I know it is impoosible now but don't you think rooms will open up due to people not showing up? About how much should a hotel cost anyways?

If you are willing to take a cab a few miles away from the fest (perhaps closer to Milwaukee airport), you'll be able to get a hotel. It will still cost some money though, $100 at least I'd say unless you are at a dump.

All the hotels nearest to the fest are booked solid from what I've seen, except for some suites which cost $200+ per night!!! Even the regular room rates are jacked up for Summerfest.
  • SudokuSudoku Posts: 9
    Does anyone know any good local bars or other spots to hit AFTER the fest on Thursday?? I may be taking the Greyhound back to Chicago at 4AM, so I need to pass a couple hours until then (I'd rather not sit in the bus station the whole time). Someone recommended "Pieces of 8" outside of the North Gate. Any info or other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Thurs. will be my first PJ concert. I can't wait!!! Hope to get to meet some of you!

Theresa

ohhh your first show. My first show was 1995 summerfest 2nd nite.

enjoy
    I am going the 29th and maybe taking the train. Do you think they will release lawn tickets for the 30th show on that day? Can't afford anything more after the 29th. Maybe I will tell my parents I missed the train and then say I got tickets and stay for the 30th show and find some tickets. Also do you think I could find a hotel room the night of? I know it is impoosible now but don't you think rooms will open up due to people not showing up? About how much should a hotel cost anyways?

Sorry for all the questions but any help would be great!

Hotels by the airport have rooms for 60 or 70 a nite two beds. So if you can find another person, its cheap then.
  • maakmaak Posts: 58
    i'll be there thursday can't wait to see the show and also drink some leinenkugel honey weiss mixed with some berry weiss. see you all there.
    my cat's breath smells like cat food- RALPH WIGUM
  • ohhh your first show. My first show was 1995 summerfest 2nd nite.

enjoy

I tried to get to there in 1995. They released tix last minute. I ran from the Rock stage to the Marcus and the tix sold out by the time I got there. So I'm so excited to finally be seeing them at Summerfest!!
    Do you see the way that tree bends?
    Does it inspire?
    Leaning out to catch the sun's rays
    A lesson to be applied
    Lollapalooza 8.5.07
    Gorge 7.22.06, 7.23.06
    Summerfest 6.29.06, 6.30.06
    maak wrote:
    i'll be there thursday can't wait to see the show and also drink some leinenkugel honey weiss mixed with some berry weiss. see you all there.

that is tasty indeed.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I'll be there on thursday. To anyone who's been to summerfest, what's security like in relation to weed?
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    pjfan020 wrote:
    I'll be there on thursday. To anyone who's been to summerfest, what's security like in relation to weed?

Best Question all day on this board!!!!! I don't know, but I am lighting away. When I went to the Petty show last year. It was a huge 420 fest maybe the most I have ever seen besides the Dead. I will be there on FRIDAY!!!!!!
  • offwegooffwego Posts: 27
    I am bringing my anti-south t-shirt

j/k