I got to witness this last Saturday, 
    https://youtu.be/Gpf6n9OjEd4
    Cheers yall
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    RYME said:
    https://youtu.be/xRboRqrSYIY
    Have a drink and enjoy 
    Unwind a bit because everything everything is bs aint that right?  Sing us a song Micha Nelson!!

Thanks, RYME, I think I will!  Kind of stressed after having to take kitty Annie to the vet today.  All is well as can be I suppose- she has some kind of cat bursitis- but it's always a bit unnerving for cat and I to go to the vet.

So anyway, cheers!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    I love my animals Bryan, 
    So I  totally understand going to vet not fun.  We have 3 dogs & 3 cats, 2 horses, and 8 chickens lol. Vets are expensive!!  is your cat gonna be ok?  Got some meds?

• Options
    https://youtu.be/dzfhTodfq6M
    Another really good tune from. Micah Nelson Called if I die when I'm high.
    I hope your cat is doing better brian.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    I love my animals Bryan, 
    So I  totally understand going to vet not fun.  We have 3 dogs & 3 cats, 2 horses, and 8 chickens lol. Vets are expensive!!  is your cat gonna be ok?  Got some meds?

Nice menagerie, RYME!  Great that you have horses!  I wish I had the space and energy for a horse. 
    Was talking to my vet yesterday and he told us about all his animals which include two pet cows named Cow and Cow Boy, lol.
    Annie has kitty bursitis.  She doesn't seem to be in pain, just limps a little.  The vet gave her an anti-inflammatory injection, and we will be giving her treats that contain glucosamine sulfate for cats.  I was glad to hear about that because that supplement has really helped my arthritis over the years.  Good stuff!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Hey for something fun, with a cup of coffee, or a bloody mary, check out 
    Breakfast With the Beetles every Sunday morning. 
    8:00am - 10:00 Central,  6:00am - 8:00 Pacific
    On
    Chicago's 93 WXRT
    https://www.audacy.com/wxrt

Great way to start a Sunday.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME said:
    Hey for something fun, with a cup of coffee, or a bloody mary, check out 
    Breakfast With the Beetles every Sunday morning. 
    8:00am - 10:00 Central,  6:00am - 8:00 Pacific
    On
    Chicago's 93 WXRT
    https://www.audacy.com/wxrt

Great way to start a Sunday.

Sounds like fun, RYME.  We don't have enough data to stream things, but hoping to move one of these days and change that!

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I like this one from Stephen Marley on my daughters birthday.  Cooling off on this steamy day WPB, FL....

https://youtu.be/Gmti0ua_yYU

✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    https://youtu.be/LuR1jRli-rQ
    Need a break from the no good news?
    Chill out with something cold, put your feet up and check out The Why Store,
    Happy Friday!!
  • Options
    Cheers Bryan & HFD!
  • Options
    RYME said:
    https://youtu.be/LuR1jRli-rQ
    Need a break from the no good news?
    Chill out with something cold, put your feet up and check out The Why Store,
    Happy Friday!!

Very nice tune there, RYME, thanks!
    Happy Friday and cheers to you as well, and everyone here!

• Options
    edited August 2023
    That's an hour and a half show.  Check it out. 
    I've known the guy Chris Shaffer for quite a while now.  Unfortunately The Why Store almost made it to  big leagues, late 90s I saw them @ House of Blues in Chicago 2005,  but didn't make it, & the wheels fell off that band.  Recorded 2 albums with MCA, but the executives told him to cut his hair (the long hair trend had ended supposedly)  And they wanted to much control over his music tweaking this and tweaking that, and as we know the good bands hate being told what to do by the establishment.  So he took the high road.  Hoping a better deal would come along, never did.
    Lack of Water made the pop charts, but not very high & that was it no promotional aid from MCA.  So it flopped.
    Chris Shaffer has continued to this day play bars & midsized venues & such, still called The Why Store,  but he is the only original member.  My uncle runs a pritty hip bar in Fontana Wisconsin called Chuck's. and the guy in charge oo booking bands and entertainment  knew Chris and  got his band to play at our place Chuck's Summer 2005.  They had a loyal following during the 90s called Whomb Heads.  They came from all over the Midwest to our bar & was packed.  I  used to work part time there (staff) busey summer weekends I got to help load in, cuz I used to be a bouncer & or collect cover charges, bar back, bar tend  clean up dropped drinks,  all around whatever needed. .  After the first set I went up to tell Chris how great it was for him to play here and how much I'd enjoyed his music.  Went up to bar and I was going to get him a round,  but he flagged the bar tender 1st and got us both a shot Of Jose Cuervo, so cheers he said!  He was drinking beer during the show,  so I got him a beer..  He reached in his merch box of CDs and gave me a copy of Welcome To the Why Store,  there first album.  2nd set they rocked out!!
    Afterwards, I  helped them load out, my friend who booked them had an after bar party at his house, 3:00am,  The whole band came over,  Chris brought us some good smoke he called fruit salad.  Lol.
    Then sitting in the back yard with a little fire going,  he got out his 12 string acoustic and played us a song that wasn't on an album yet called Beautiful World, came out a year later on album called 
    The Why Store VIM.. Produced  by
     Rustty Anderson.  Good stuff,  & good times.  I hadn't listened to his stuff in a long time and just got it all out this week and it's all like new again. 
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/h_XYNYmievg
    Lack of Water
    Cheers y'all!!
  • Options
    RYME said:
    That's an hour and a half show.  Check it out. 
    I've known the guy Chris Shaffer for quite a while now.  Unfortunately The Why Store almost made it to  big leagues, late 90s I saw them @ Houseof Blues in Chicago 2005,  but didn't make it, & the wheels fell off that band.  Recorded 2 albums with MCA, but the executives told him to cut his hair (the long hair trend had ended supposedly)  And they wanted to much control over his music tweaking this and tweaking that, and as we know the good bands hate being told what to do by the establishment.  So he took the high road.  Hoping a better deal would come along, never did.
    Lack of Water made the pop charts, but not very high & that was it.
    Chris Shaffer has continued to this day play bars & midsized venues & such, still called The Why Store,  but he is the only original member.  My uncle runs a pritty hip bar in Fontana Wisconsin called Chuck's. and the guy in charge ob booking bands and entertainment  knew Chris and  got his band to play at our place Chuck's Summer 2005.  They had a loyal following during the 90s called Whomb Heads.  They came from all over the Midwest to our bar & was packed.  I got to help set up, I used to be a bouncer & or collect cover charges, bar back all around help.  After the first set I went up to tell him how great it was for him to play here and how much I'd enjoyed his music.  Went up to bar and I was going to get him a round,  but he flagged the bar tender 1st and got us both a shot Of Jose Cuervo, so cheers he said!  He was drinking beer during the show,  so I got him a beer..  He reached in his merch box of CDs and gave me a copy of Welcome To the Why Store,  there first album.  2nd set they rocked out tore it up.
    Afterwards, I  helped them load out, my friend who booked them had an after bar party at his house, 3:00am,  The whole band came over,  Chris brought us some good smoke he called fruit salad.  Lol.
    Then sitting in the back yard with a little fire going,  he got out his acoustic and played us a song that wasn't on an album yet called Beautiful World, came out a year later on album called 
    The Why Store VIM.. Produced  by
     Rustty Anderson.  Good stuff,  & good times.  I hadn't listened to his stuff in a long time and just got it all out this week and it's all like new again. 

Shaffer and company all sound quite talented.  It's a shame so many great bands and artist don't get the recognition they deserve while other lesser talents do because they either know how to play the game or have big money behind them or know the right person.  My top under-recognized artists include:
    Steve Wynn (of The Dream Syndicate)
    Nis Lofgren (BIG time underappreciated)
    Juliana Hatfield
    Chris Cacavas
    David Lindley  (despite his steady employment with Jackson Browne)
    David Sylvian

To name a handful. 
    So I tip my hat and beverage to the under-recognized talent of the world.
    Cheers!

• Options
    edited August 2023
    https://youtu.be/usds8qkT1DU
    Thanks Bryan,  one more for good luck. 
     Tune called Montugue.  
    A year later 2006, they were playing at Chuck's Fontana again, and I requested this song.  He paused for a moment trying to remember the words.   Then he said if you know it, could you help me out on this Ryan?  So I did, and so I sang a tune with Chris, just one time. I am not a musician but I know a lot of songs and so I tried it,  & he then remembered his song right away,  & worked out great.  Was so much fun!!
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    My friend Keith who booked the really good bands at Chuck's had good contacts from working at a hot spot in Chicago prior called Joe's. 
    Got us The Freddy Jones Band 2wice 18 years ago among others. you know 
    In A Daydream?
    https://youtu.be/If7d4dHigYY
    Unfortunately our friend Keith died from covid a year ago, just 55.  So still have bands but not the good ones, more or less background noise these days at Chucks.
    This was Keith's favorite song.  So a tost to Keith with this tune.

• Options
    Steve Wynn (of The Dream Syndicate)
    Nis Lofgren (BIG time underappreciated)
    Juliana Hatfield
    Chris Cacavas
    David Lindley  (despite his steady employment with Jackson Browne)
    David Sylvian

Thanks for some bands for me to check out that I hadn't heard of,  for the same reason most people haven't heard of The Why Store. 
  • Options
    Cheers, friends.  Just chilling tonight!  :smile: 

• Options
  • Options
    Michael Franti & and SPEARHEAD from the album
     STAY HUMAN.....

LISTENER SUPPORTED 

https://youtu.be/ixJOR63Ra18?si=ZXSBdRe6miTrENix

✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited November 2023
  • Options

• Options
    Lately, I often feel like I want to spend the rest of my life in a lounge car.  This one will do.  If you're looking for me, you know where to find me.
    :lol:

• Options
    I'm back.  You know where to find me.

Sweetness and light,
    Sweetness and light,
    Why can't it always be sweetness and light?
    -Steve Wynn

• Options
    It's warm and cozy in here.  Coffee, anyone?

• Options
    I'm not a big drinker but, Jesus, I need something.
    Ahh yeah, thanks dude!
    Jesus Coaster

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    RIP Melanie. I always liked this song.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    RIP Melanie. I always liked this song.

Oh no!  Very sad. 
    I remember in high school hanging out with my girl friend at her best friends house listening to Melanie records. Sweet memories, and a very sad loss. 

• Options
    A little California ❤️. 

https://youtu.be/UrLei9h91J8?si=ZEu-hreOnO9qQxbT

Joe Cocker....Woman To Woman

✌️

• Options
    Joy (Goodbye Guilty Pleasures)
    https://youtu.be/DYa2zdvYocE?si=k7uQBA6fMg9c5sQl

Zach Gill, Malcolm McDonald'
    ✌️