Options

The Train's Lounge Car

1221222223225227

Comments

  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,670
    Tonight I toast my good buddy HughFreakingDillon who has hopped off the train.  Gonna miss you buddy!   Sorry to see you disembark but I get it.  This train does go round and round in crazy circle sometimes...
    But if you change you mind, there's always room to hop back on!
    cheers

    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,111
    brianlux said:
    Tonight I toast my good buddy HughFreakingDillon who has hopped off the train.  Gonna miss you buddy!   Sorry to see you disembark but I get it.  This train does go round and round in crazy circle sometimes...
    But if you change you mind, there's always room to hop back on!
    cheers


    Wow he left without saying goodbye! Hugh contributed good comments to AMT, hope he decides to come back. Believe it or not (I’m walking on air) I view the politics forum as fairly tame here. Years ago I used to read a forum on a politics site that was viewed by many as right leaning, you want to see controversial? I left there when  I realized there were probably J6 participants on there.

    AMT has been a little quiet the last year or so, a lot of good articles posted but much less back and forth “discussion.”
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,670
    brianlux said:
    Tonight I toast my good buddy HughFreakingDillon who has hopped off the train.  Gonna miss you buddy!   Sorry to see you disembark but I get it.  This train does go round and round in crazy circle sometimes...
    But if you change you mind, there's always room to hop back on!
    cheers


    Wow he left without saying goodbye! Hugh contributed good comments to AMT, hope he decides to come back. Believe it or not (I’m walking on air) I view the politics forum as fairly tame here. Years ago I used to read a forum on a politics site that was viewed by many as right leaning, you want to see controversial? I left there when  I realized there were probably J6 participants on there.

    AMT has been a little quiet the last year or so, a lot of good articles posted but much less back and forth “discussion.”

    Yeah, I'm definitely sorry to see him go.  Whether some have agreed with his thoughts or not, he has been one to engage in discussion.  Lately, what we seem to have here is some interesting reading (as you pointed out), but the discussion has mostly been weak at best. 
    In any case, you never know with HFD- he may return again.

    Meanwhile, I'm grateful for the lounge serving up some good coffee to help me through a rough morning.  Broken tooth and dizziness.  What a combo!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    HFD and I  had a mutual respect for each other.
    We differed on a lot of subjects.  But I know that if we were to have a beer together and shoot the shit, we'd be fine with each other in 10 minutes. 
     I got kicked out of this form entirely because somebody here, a year or 2 ago accused me of being a Confederate.  I do not have a racist bone in my soul.  I don't remember who it was, but my retort got me kicked out.  So be it.
    But I know there are people here who I know it would be fun to be friends with someday.  It's really hard, virtually impossible to know anyone, via this forum or any social media.   
    So a lot of what has been said on AMT, and the personal shots & judgements about people here I feel are misunderstood and not fair.  People live in different places and regions with different cultures, backgrounds and normals.  Normal for someone in San Francisco is different from someone's normal in  Is Winnipeg Canada, (hey  HFD) and that's a different normal for someone living in Chicago,  or like me wooded & agriculture Midwest Wisconsin.  But enemies and lines and  division  & feelings have been hurt here, and people have been suspended or kicked out likemyself,  based on what?  That a Midwestern white guy who embraces everyone of all backgrounds was called a Confederate because I support conservatism and I didn't like it?
    Someone who  doesn't know at all, calls me a Confederate because I have conservative views?
    My life values are mine, and I don't care what you do.
    Conservatism is misunderstood so bad in most places.
    *Conservatism is about freedom.  So it really doesn't care about your gender or your race, or what you do. it just doesn't.  It's about freedom.   Everyone to themselves,  go with your head down,  keep your nose to the grindstone,  enjoy life.  As long as what you're doing doesn't hurt or infringe on others freedoms or wellbeing. 
    That's all it is.   Why is that so bad?
    Stick around HFD!!  Through this weird way of communication, I like you just the way you are. 
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    We are here in the first place, because we like the same music.
    https://youtu.be/hIFU_G8IK9c
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,670
    edited March 2023
    RYME said:
    HFD and I  had a mutual respect for each other.
    We differed on a lot of subjects.  But I know that if we were to have a beer together and shoot the shit, we'd be fine with each other in 10 minutes. 
     I got kicked out of this form entirely because somebody here, a year or 2 ago accused me of being a Confederate.  I do not have a racist bone in my soul.  I don't remember who it was, but my retort got me kicked out.  So be it.
    But I know there are people here who I know it would be fun to be friends with someday.  It's really hard, virtually impossible to know anyone, via this forum or any social media.   
    So a lot of what has been said on AMT, and the personal shots & judgements about people here I feel are misunderstood and not fair.  People live in different places and regions with different cultures, backgrounds and normals.  Normal for someone in San Francisco is different from someone's normal in  Is Winnipeg Canada, (hey  HFD) and that's a different normal for someone living in Chicago,  or like me wooded & agriculture Midwest Wisconsin.  But enemies and lines and  division  & feelings have been hurt here, and people have been suspended or kicked out likemyself,  based on what?  That a Midwestern white guy who embraces everyone of all backgrounds was called a Confederate because I support conservatism and I didn't like it?
    Someone who  doesn't know at all, calls me a Confederate because I have conservative views?
    My life values are mine, and I don't care what you do.
    Conservatism is misunderstood so bad in most places.
    *Conservatism is about freedom.  So it really doesn't care about your gender or your race, or what you do. it just doesn't.  It's about freedom.   Everyone to themselves,  go with your head down,  keep your nose to the grindstone,  enjoy life.  As long as what you're doing doesn't hurt or infringe on others freedoms or wellbeing. 
    That's all it is.   Why is that so bad?
    Stick around HFD!!  Through this weird way of communication, I like you just the way you are. 

    I would shoot the shit with you over a beer, RYME, you bet!
    Same for all you fuckers!  Heck yeah.
    Cheers, RYME,
    Cheers, all.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Fuck I’m high and just wasted $35 USD/$500 CDN . 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

    Cheers,

    HFD




  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    And I didn’t announce my departure cuz I knew the possibility/probability of my return. But thanks Brian and others for the kind words 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

    Cheers,

    HFD




  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    But I can’t guarantee my continued participation. I’ve grown tired, but I need a signed poster. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

    Cheers,

    HFD




  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,670
    Fuck I’m high and just wasted $35 USD/$500 CDN . 
    Hot damn!  Your loss, our gain, lol.  Great to have you back, bud!  :smiley:
    And I didn’t announce my departure cuz I knew the possibility/probability of my return. But thanks Brian and others for the kind words 
    Sure thing!
    But I can’t guarantee my continued participation. I’ve grown tired, but I need a signed poster. 

    Totally understood.  Enjoy the poster, jump in the fray only when you want!

    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,673
    Fuck I’m high and just wasted $35 USD/$500 CDN . 
    500cdn?

    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    twas a joke about our current exchange rate
    Darwinspeed, all. 

    Cheers,

    HFD




  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:
    Fuck I’m high and just wasted $35 USD/$500 CDN . 
    Hot damn!  Your loss, our gain, lol.  Great to have you back, bud!  :smiley:
    And I didn’t announce my departure cuz I knew the possibility/probability of my return. But thanks Brian and others for the kind words 
    Sure thing!
    But I can’t guarantee my continued participation. I’ve grown tired, but I need a signed poster. 

    Totally understood.  Enjoy the poster, jump in the fray only when you want!

    i didn't get one. but I'm hoping someone will want to sell one when they get it for a reasonable price. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

    Cheers,

    HFD




  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,670
    brianlux said:
    Fuck I’m high and just wasted $35 USD/$500 CDN . 
    Hot damn!  Your loss, our gain, lol.  Great to have you back, bud!  :smiley:
    And I didn’t announce my departure cuz I knew the possibility/probability of my return. But thanks Brian and others for the kind words 
    Sure thing!
    But I can’t guarantee my continued participation. I’ve grown tired, but I need a signed poster. 

    Totally understood.  Enjoy the poster, jump in the fray only when you want!

    i didn't get one. but I'm hoping someone will want to sell one when they get it for a reasonable price. 

    I hope you get a reasonable deal on one.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Hey everybody, hope all is well. Had a birthday yesterday and I'm here at home resting for the first time in months. Listening to all kinds of music some I've heard b4 some I've not like this one from
     U2 & Green Day....live in New Orleans 

    https://youtu.be/dTK4xO_7nDA

    ✌️


    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Oh boy I wrote a long explanation of why I do like the MT and poof it disappeared, anyway Hugh is a great poster I’ve learned a lot from his posts! Cheers Hugh drinking a nice red Chianti by my fireplace 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,670
    g under p said:
    Hey everybody, hope all is well. Had a birthday yesterday and I'm here at home resting for the first time in months. Listening to all kinds of music some I've heard b4 some I've not like this one from
     U2 & Green Day....live in New Orleans 

    https://youtu.be/dTK4xO_7nDA

    ✌️


    Happy Birthday, G! :joy:
    Oh boy I wrote a long explanation of why I do like the MT and poof it disappeared, anyway Hugh is a great poster I’ve learned a lot from his posts! Cheers Hugh drinking a nice red Chianti by my fireplace 

    Oh, that is so frustrating.  I've done that a few times-- written a bunch of stuff and before taking a second to save it- POOF, it's good.  Major DOH!
    In any case, if you can cobble your thoughts about AMT again some time it would make for good reading, no doubt!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Oh boy I wrote a long explanation of why I do like the MT and poof it disappeared, anyway Hugh is a great poster I’ve learned a lot from his posts! Cheers Hugh drinking a nice red Chianti by my fireplace 
     B) 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

    Cheers,

    HFD




  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    https://youtu.be/Wl_eNu4NUVI
    The Eye, nice song to get stuck in your head.
    Good day to you all.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    RYME said:
    https://youtu.be/Wl_eNu4NUVI
    The Eye, nice song to get stuck in your of head.
    Good day to you all.
    Yes really good song! I like all her material it’s a great body of work. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904

    This is what chilling in the lounge car looks like.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,670
    RYME said:

    This is what chilling in the lounge car looks like.

    Very cool, RYME!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    My wife and I saw Natalie Merchant for our 4th time last week.  Natalie is 59 now.  Still has amazing strong pipes to go with her haunting and beautiful voice.  When she belts it out, it hits you right in the chest.  The power of great music never cease to amaze me.
    We thought this was the song of the night.
    called Ladybird. 

    https://youtu.be/ta4rHfgxarI

  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    https://youtu.be/O2o-5YomL4E
    And she of course includes a few greatest hits.   Carnival.  Cheers have a kona with these two tunes.
    ☕️ ☕️. Good stuff. 
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    20 years ago,  better version and more dynamic. 
    https://youtu.be/jYG3XALFv0E
    Take it easy folks. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,670
    edited June 2023
    RYME said:
    My wife and I saw Natalie Merchant for our 4th time last week.  Natalie is 59 now.  Still has amazing strong pipes to go with her haunting and beautiful voice.  When she belts it out, it hits you right in the chest.  The power of great music never cease to amaze me.
    We thought this was the song of the night.
    called Ladybird. 

    https://youtu.be/ta4rHfgxarI


    Natalie Merchant is amazing!
    Years ago I used to keep this cassette single of "Jealousy" perched above my desk:
    Primary
    Now days, of course, I keep a photo of my wife there.  Good thinking, huh?!" :lol:

    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    My wife and I saw Natalie Merchant for our 4th time last week.  Natalie is 59 now.  Still has amazing strong pipes to go with her haunting and beautiful voice.  When she belts it out, it hits you right in the chest.  The power of great music never cease to amaze me.
    We thought this was the song of the night.
    called Ladybird. 

    https://youtu.be/ta4rHfgxarI


    Natalie Merchant is amazing!
    Years ago I used to keep this cassette single of "Jealousy" perched above my desk:
    Primary
    Now days, of course, I keep a photo of my wife there.  Good thinking, huh?!" :lol:

    Very good.   Natalie was a looker for sure. 
    Good call on the switch though. 🙂
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    https://youtu.be/FT-7dU9pcnM
    One more for good luck on what was my favorite late show, Letterman!!🌙
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    https://youtu.be/xRboRqrSYIY
    Have a drink and enjoy 
    Unwind a bit because everything everything is bs aint that right?  Sing us a song Micha Nelson!!
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    I think it's pretty obvious who at least one of Micah's influences was On this type of tune.
Sign In or Register to comment.