Options

The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    Kce8
    You are going to do great on your exams today!! =)
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    hedonist said:
    Hey, lov_it, good thoughts for your father.  Too many motherfucking strokes happening lately (at least within my little circle).

Would have loved to see a concert with my dad - music was part of his being and he passed that on to me.  Dammit I miss him!

Thank you so much Hedonist I really appreciate that it is so Nice of you :)...It wasn't until he went into Hospital for his stroke that the Doctors then found out he needed By-Pass Surgery...Yeah it is very sad that too many strokes are happening it's just Shit Scary stuff...

I am so Sorry to hear that you didn't get a Chance to go to a Concert with your Dad and how much you miss Him that's so Sad I am so Sorry Hedonist :frowning:

My Dad is into Music too and used to play the Drums when he was younger and I play the Bass so that's where I get it from...

• Options
    edited January 2018
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    Love that Waymore!

Hey loungers, thanks for keeping the cool vibe going here!  :smile:

Hello Loungers...Hey Brian hows your Cold are you feeling better?...I was going to ask you if you want a Beer...but maybe a Honey Lemon Tea might be better :)...it's so Great to see you here Brian :)

Some Eddie Vedder...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm8oxC24QZc

Hey there my friend, doing much better, thanks for asking!  A little Southern Comfort for sipping, please! :smile:

Nice Eddie pick!
    i_lov_it said:
    Things can be so sad and scary at times :frowning:
    In times like these, a place like the PJ community becomes even more important. 

Hey Brian my Friend...you're Very Welcome. glad to hear that you're doing much better :)..ok Southern Comfort it is enjoy...Thanks Brian...Yeah listening to Eddie's voice and Music makes me Happy :smiley:

Thanks for that Brian...yeah my Dad has just recently suffered a Minor Stroke so if that wasn't Scary enough he then had to have urgent Heart Surgery and By-Pass not long afterwards...even though he's made a Good recovery he's still very Fragile :frowning:

Good thoughts going out for your Dad.  I hope he makes a good recovery and regains his strength!

Thank you so much for your Kind words Brian that really means alot to me I really appreciate it and means so much too me :)

I really hope he makes a Good recovery too he's still very Fragile and lost a alot of weight but he's getting there...Naturally I keep an eye on Him often just to make sure he is ok...

Once again Thank you my Friend for your kind Words :)

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    Love that Waymore!

Hello Loungers...Hey Brian hows your Cold are you feeling better?...I was going to ask you if you want a Beer...but maybe a Honey Lemon Tea might be better :)...it's so Great to see you here Brian :)

Some Eddie Vedder...

Hey there my friend, doing much better, thanks for asking!  A little Southern Comfort for sipping, please! :smile:

Nice Eddie pick!
    i_lov_it said:

Hey Brian my Friend...you're Very Welcome. glad to hear that you're doing much better :)..ok Southern Comfort it is enjoy...Thanks Brian...Yeah listening to Eddie's voice and Music makes me Happy :smiley:

Thanks for that Brian...yeah my Dad has just recently suffered a Minor Stroke so if that wasn't Scary enough he then had to have urgent Heart Surgery and By-Pass not long afterwards...even though he's made a Good recovery he's still very Fragile :frowning:

Good thoughts going out for your Dad.  I hope he makes a good recovery and regains his strength!

Thank you so much for your Kind words Brian that really means alot to me I really appreciate it and means so much too me :)

I really hope he makes a Good recovery too he's still very Fragile and lost a alot of weight but he's getting there...Naturally I keep an eye on Him often just to make sure he is ok...

Great to hear he's doing well! 

Hope you're doing well also.  :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    RYME said:
    Kce8
    You are going to do great on your exams today!! =)
    Thank you so much RYME, I finally made it through the last two years! :triumph::lucky:
    Had a hell of a party weekend! :joy: =) 
       :yin_yang: 
  • Options
    A round on the house!  So glad to have this place open again!

Here's a cool little number from Mr. Leo Kottke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEWH2Sc39FI

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    So why was the forum down for the weekend? 
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    dignin said:
    website accidently leaked some tour dates and the tour rumor thread went wild
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:
    Huh.

Well, on the bright side it looks like they will be playing a show only 5 hours drive from me.
  • Options
    I went to the Wriggly shows in 17, it was fun.
    But, baseball stadiums are just so huge, everything in Chicago is super expensive.
    Even 10c seats felt like a mile away from the stage
    I love PJ, but I don't know.  Might pass this time.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:
    That's the word I heard as well. 

But I think it was actually and experiment. My guess is Kat is going for a PhD in psychology and her thesis is on "The Psychological Symptoms of Forum Withdrawal" and we are the guinea pigs. 

How'd we do, KAT?  :lol:

• Options
    brianlux said:
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:

But I think it was actually and experiment. My guess is Kat is going for a PhD in psychology and her thesis is on "The Psychological Symptoms of Forum Withdrawal" and we are the guinea pigs. 

=)  yeah that's it... 
    I guess some of us went crazy at the weekend... :lol:
  • Options
    kce8 said:
    brianlux said:
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:

=)  yeah that's it... 
    I guess some of us went crazy at the weekend... :lol:
    Hate to admit it but, kinda, yeah!  :lol:

• Options
    So because I still have a reason to be happy and get a small drink tonight:
    Bar is open - let me know what I can serve tonight! 
    Jameson for me!
  • Options
    RYME said:
    But, baseball stadiums are just so huge, everything in Chicago is super expensive.
    I hear ya. The show closest to me is Missoula, 5 hours directly south of me. I've been to a Missoula show and the town is not expensive at all so it might be worth it for me.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    RYME said:
    I hear ya. The show closest to me is Missoula, 5 hours directly south of me. I've been to a Missoula show and the town is not expensive at all so it might be worth it for me.

Now I'm thinking maybe I'll just road trip it out to Missoula, I Googled it and it's like a 22-hour drive for me. lol Maybe ;)
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2018
    kce8 said:
    Thanks for sharing, 
    - I don’t ever wanna sing that song again, lol 
    They came back in a good professional way.
    Crazy Mary is such a beautiful song.:)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Keep the happiness going, kce.  And all others.

Just caught this beautiful version (yet again).  Amen, Lenny...amen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_F6mMcrCHA

• Options
    That's a very beautiful version Hedonist! 
    And yeah, everything is just easy going right now! I love it! I feel like I can finally breathe again! :lol: 
    I'm just so relaxed now. I have a few free days, just perfect! 

So because you Hedonist, made me jump on YT to plunge into some nice memories through that good old music, I found something nice for you! I'm sure you'll like it. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shzcdCVdgOc

And because it's still not enough =) ... This is just going straight into your heart....
    Perfect tribute with Bowie's girl on the bass!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1zQcsuOnJc
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    This is actually a friend of mine.
    Mike Himebaugh give it a spin.

https://youtu.be/1E64y-JZuNI
    &
    Easy River

https://youtu.be/AwitNLlXA2A
  • Options
    OMG that's moving....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gotGzYu08cI

RYME said:
    This is actually a friend of mine.
    Mike Himebaugh give it a spin.

https://youtu.be/1E64y-JZuNI
    &
    Easy River

https://youtu.be/AwitNLlXA2A
    He's got a wonderful voice RYME!
    Such a positive vibe in the first song. Brought a big smile on my face. The second one is just so nice and I also watched another one on YT. Good stuff doesn't get enough attention.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    kce, loved both of those!  You know I am on Team Sinead :)

That beautiful YT roaming took me to clips of homeless people around the world playing the piano in subways.  So gorgeous in spirit - and hold a hell of a lot more talent than I.  Easy to see it gives them joy, as well as to others.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    Love that Waymore!

Some Eddie Vedder...

Nice Eddie pick!
    i_lov_it said:

Thank you so much Brian :)

Hey yeah I'm going alright...considering my Dad's Health issues and other things recently...but things are looking alot more Positive and Brighter now :)

Hope you are doing well too :)

Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    Love that Waymore!

Some Eddie Vedder...

Nice Eddie pick!
    i_lov_it said:

Hey yeah I'm going alright...considering my Dad's Health issues and other things recently...but things are looking alot more Positive and Brighter now :)

All things considered, I'm doing OK.  My wife was was down hard with a bad-ass bug a week ago and it definitely had me worried.  She's doing much better now so I can breathe a bit easier about that.  This weekend is my father's  interment and memorial which will be heavy plus I'm scheduled to play a song on my guitar for the memorial and hoping my shaky old hands don't fail me.  But then after that I'll bask in the good memories and think about how he finally gets to do the one thing he always wanted to do- fly high into the sky like a bird. :smile:

• Options
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    Love that Waymore!

Some Eddie Vedder...

Nice Eddie pick!
    i_lov_it said:

All things considered, I'm doing OK.  My wife was was down hard with a bad-ass bug a week ago and it definitely had me worried.  She's doing much better now so I can breathe a bit easier about that.  This weekend is my father's  interment and memorial which will be heavy plus I'm scheduled to play a song on my guitar for the memorial and hoping my shaky old hands don't fail me.  But then after that I'll bask in the good memories and think about how he finally gets to do the one thing he always wanted to do- fly high into the sky like a bird. :smile:

I am so sorry to hear about your Wife Brian but I am Glad she's doing much better now...those Bugs can really hit you hard...and I'm Happy that you can now Breathe easier :)

That's great to hear about this weekend Brian you'll do well my Friend and I'm sure your Dad will Love it and be smiling :)

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Kce, 
    I'm glad you liked Mike Himebaugh.
    I live in a nice town on the shore of a beautiful lake called Geneva Lake, Fontana Wisconsin.
    Mike Himebaugh had a band called Hello Dave, great band.(they were very popular in Chicago for a while, Toured all over the United States from San Francisco to Key West.  They had quite a large fan base for a while too, they almost made the big time on the radio they were very close but it ended up all falling through.
      Anyway Mike Himebaugh wrote and they made the song about my favorite bar which is right on the Geneva Lakeshore with a 7 Mile View, where Hello Dave used to play once a month during the summer for a $5 cover charge, (pretty good show for $5)
    So they wrote and sang this song about my favorite bar called Chuck's on Geneva Lake,and put it on their last album before the they broke up.
    I've posted the're songs here before but in case you missed it,, I'll play a few of them again.
    Chuck's
    https://youtu.be/ZbltT8xZeoc

And then here's a cover song from the Indigo Girls that they did called Chicken Man

https://youtu.be/iMX9hKGzw3M

Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME, sorry but I can't watch your last two videos here in Germany. They are not available here. But I searched at YT a bit and found some live gigs and one at that bar Chuck's.  :) 
    I also googled Lake Geneva - and wow... you are living in a beautiful area! :how_interesting:  
  • Options
    Who from the AMT is going to any of the upcoming "Home/Away" shows?

I'm trying for Missoula GA.