Options

***cincy Set List...

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    it was my second show. i thought it was excellent, especially the crowd interaction, good level of energy, and eddie was in a great mood. did anyone see him wipe out?! he bounced right back up! though i missed robert pollard as the opener he came out at the end and did a pretty cool rendition of baba. i sat up on the side, and our whole section was rocking. no lame asses telling anyone to sit down... because we were all cheering and dancing.

we didn't hear yield, but hearing long road, save you, hail hail, present tense, whipping.... was awesome. rvm.. oh my god!! i also realized how much i love the new cd because all the new songs sounded so great live.

eddie said he has many issues of rolling stone and each time he goes to take a shit he wipes his ass with a copy... didn't like that the band was not on the cover.

on a serious note,the dedication he made to brian (missing from columbus since april) was wonderful. then they broke into wishlist.

thank you, pj, you are incredible!!!! i wasn't that close, but i will post pics later...
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    Just got back to Columbus from the Cinci show! The show was excellent! I was pretty impressed with Robert Pollard too. I kinda wish I could get mp3's of Pollard and his bands performance from tonight. I do own one Guided by Voices album (1999's "Do the Collapse") but after hearing Pollard live I really regretted not getting into his band "Guided by Voices" more when they were still together. Especially me being in Ohio. Anyone have Pollard's set list?? Eddie sang with him briefly on his last song. Pollard also joing PJ at the end for Baba O'Reilly.

My fan club seats were great. Floor, 3rd row, center section (just right of center). Which is great since that is the only show it looks like I will be going to on this tour. I felt bad for my friend next to me since there was this huge dude that was at least 6'5" that came in and sat/stood right in front of him.

Some amusing bits with Eddie wiping is ass with Rolling Stone. It was also cool that Eddie mentioned the guy that went missing in Columbus, Ohio back in April.

Great show, the volume I thought was just right. Not too loud (unlike the Kitchener, ON show last year that was deafening). My ears aren't ringing too bad.
    George

Toldeo, OH 9-22-96 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 8-26-98 | Columbus, OH 8-21-00 | Cleveland, OH 4-25-03 | Columbus, OH 6-24-03 | Kitchener, ON 9-11-05 | London, ON 9-12-05 | Hamilton, ON 9-13-05 | Cincinnati, OH 6-24-06
  • Options
    JoePJrocksJoePJrocks Posts: 24
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    newsflash to all both nights sucked compared to GR and Camden 2

although long road took some thought. ill say it again, the 2006 tour is the worst tour in 12 years. so predictable,

You're nuts - these shows have been filled with more ENERGY than I have ever seen - Once again, you can't make judgements based on setlist alone !!! i bet you haven't been to a show yet.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    JoePJrocks wrote:
    You're nuts - these shows have been filled with more ENERGY than I have ever seen - Once again, you can't make judgements based on setlist alone !!! i bet you haven't been to a show yet.

You also can't make judgements based on length alone. I'd rather see a shorter, tight, energetic set.

Also, the guys aren't getting any younger and this was one of the few times they've played two cities back to back this tour.

I'm glad those that went had a great time!
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Yeah, you should feel relieved. The crowd was psyched for this show. They were amazing! Even the band realized it. Hell, there was an impromptu Not For You chant. But the setlist was way, way below average (even if I had not seen them 8 other times this tour.) Wishlist to start the encore???? More Riot Act songs than Yield? As many Who covers as Yield? This crowd deserved a special setlist. But it doesn't get more plain than this one. Let Stone or Mike pick the songs for a change.

That said, the band had a lot of energy and the crowd was pimp. I had a great time, even though song choices weren't to my liking. I don't know why PJ doesn't just get the fans what they want. 26 songs, please can we get one or two rarities? Breath? Brain of J? Parachutes? We want to hear these fucking songs. They can fit 5 songs in the time they play Crazy Mary and RVM. Sorry if I'm an ass.

i have to respond to this...i'm normally one to bitch about setlists...but this list (minus the HORRIBLE first encore) was freaking amazing. this was the punk rock show. note the energy of all the songs in the main set...plus, we get long road, save you, hail hail, not for you, whipping...come on. i agree i would have liked a couple rarities, but i was really happy with this list. only had to sit through 2 songs off ten (i'm sorry, i've heard them all 30,000 times), plus riot act got some love (which is always good).

i'll be the first to admit the 1st encore was just awful. inside job (i just can't stand this song), crazy mary and rvm back-to-back-to-back just killed any energy of the crowd. the longest songs in a row like that wasn't a good idea. the last encore was fun though. it was great to get leash.

i certainly could have hoped for a few other songs, but i think this set was great. i was LOVING the main set. you just have to realize the energy of it. this was NOT a middle of the road set. just keep in mind, no daughter, no small town, very little ten...it was nice to not get every one of the standards. i'll also say that i was glad to get minimal yield, but that's just me...give me riot act, vitalogy and the new album please! (and some more freaking lost dogs would be nice too!)

overall, this show was freaking great...THAT'S why the crowd was amazing.
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    newsflash to all both nights sucked compared to GR and Camden 2

although long road took some thought. ill say it again, the 2006 tour is the worst tour in 12 years. so predictable,
    This is sillyness... I think the tour has been just about right. Yes, this was a standard setlist and if I had spent a lot of money to travel out to see the show I would have been a little disappointed. But we're the crazy hard-core fans that have seen these songs so much. If you're Joe Schmoe PJ fan in Cincinnati, who hasn't seen the band in 6 years live, this is a nice set. And of course the show is what you make it. If everyone was rocking out than it was probably great.

One of the best shows I've been to was Camden I. No huge surprises but everyone was going nuts and since so many hits were played, everyone really knew the words to every song.

Dont get me wrong, I prefer a setlist like NJ#2 (Rats, In Hiding, Dont Gimmie No Lip, SOLAT, Hard to Imagine, Leaving Here, Last Exit, etc etc)... but at least half the people going would trade those for a few extra hits that they can rock out to and know the words.

Stop being a PJ SNOB lol!
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    dkfan9dkfan9 Posts: 75
    i didn't reads the thread except for a few posts, the show was amazing. I don't know if the set was generic, but for me, and everyone who was around me, it was a great fucking show. I've never heard any of these songs live, so a show without the hits wouldn't have been as much fun.
    dkfan9
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552

i'll be the first to admit the 1st encore was just awful. inside job (i just can't stand this song), crazy mary and rvm back-to-back-to-back just killed any energy of the crowd. the longest songs in a row like that wasn't a good idea. the last encore was fun though. it was great to get leash.

overall, this show was freaking great...THAT'S why the crowd was amazing.

You are so right with the 1st encore. Throw in Wishlist and Betterman. 5 songs that are drawn out way too long. It's hard to rock out when you are listening to 6-10 minutes songs 5 in a row. I love Inside Job live, and love the SITFL tag, but come on, don't stack all these long songs together! The RVM jam is pure boredom waiting for the rest of the song to kick in.
  • Options
    dkfan9dkfan9 Posts: 75
    You are so right with the 1st encore. Throw in Wishlist and Betterman. 5 songs that are drawn out way too long. It's hard to rock out when you are listening to 6-10 minutes songs 5 in a row. I love Inside Job live, and love the SITFL tag, but come on, don't stack all these long songs together! The RVM jam is pure boredom waiting for the rest of the song to kick in.

Huh? Everyone around my area was rockin out to Boom, loved Betterman and Wishlist, just singing along, RVM fucking kicked ass, as doid Inside Job. I didn't feel the crowd's energy go out at all.
    dkfan9
  • Options

couldn't have said it better myself, with the exception of the inside job thing. i just dont get that song or it's appeal at all. yes, the lyrics are nice, but the song is just boring. i've seen it live a few times hoping to get it...and it just bores me.

that stated, the rest of the show was GREAT. again i say, very little 10, no daughter or small town, a TON of punk type songs that really made the energy through the roof. it was a GREAT GREAT show. you may have had to be there to appreciate it. trust me, anyone who hears the boot and wasn't at the show should feel the energy...what a great time.
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • Options
    couldn't have said it better myself, with the exception of the inside job thing. i just dont get that song or it's appeal at all. yes, the lyrics are nice, but the song is just boring. i've seen it live a few times hoping to get it...and it just bores me.

that stated, the rest of the show was GREAT. again i say, very little 10, no daughter or small town, a TON of punk type songs that really made the energy through the roof. it was a GREAT GREAT show. you may have had to be there to appreciate it. trust me, anyone who hears the boot and wasn't at the show should feel the energy...what a great time.
    Yeah taht was a fucking brilliant show, I'am still a little sore from standing that whole fuckin time, I wish there woulda been a third encore.
    6/24/06-Cincinnati, Best night of my life!!!