Alcatraz

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,684
    Finally watched both epsiodes today, thought it was alright, has me intrigued enough to watch a few more epsiodes anyways. We'll see how it progresses then I'll decide :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • just download it..cant wait to watch it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    So far I'm enjoying the show. They're making all the right moves to keep the viewer interested.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Good show so far. Catching up on last nights episode
    They're slowly amping things up. Everything is moving at a perfect pace so far, I'm hoping for no breaks in the broadcast schedule, as that could really affect the momentum they have going.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Watched episode 1 about 3 nights ago. Got as far as some bloke that should have been 80 looking 30, remembered it was made by the people that made Lost, thought "load of bollocks" and went to bed.
    nuffingman wrote:
    Watched episode 1 about 3 nights ago. Got as far as some bloke that should have been 80 looking 30, remembered it was made by the people that made Lost, thought "load of bollocks" and went to bed.
    Not everyone's cup of tea, I suppose. I never got into Lost, but I really enjoy this show.
  • just watched last night episode :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    just watched last night episode :)
    Your thoughts?
    I loved how they used the flashback sequences this week to establish three of the core characters in the series, while all having a (mostly) standalone story on the present setting.
  • really like this show

Look forward to Mondays. House and Alcatraz, awesome
  • brother123 wrote:
    really like this show

Look forward to Mondays. House and Alcatraz, awesome
    That's my Monday night lineup too.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • I've been keeping up with this....it has been OK. It is the same formula every week....new guy on the loose does a bunch of crazy shit, then they catch him. Then there is something revealed in the last scene of the episode.
  • just watched last night episode :)
    Your thoughts?
    I loved how they used the flashback sequences this week to establish three of the core characters in the series, while all having a (mostly) standalone story on the present setting.
    flashback is the best part,and the whole idea..
    the action,isnt something special..and i love the mystery how all this happen with the time ,etc
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    What was the purpose of this guy coming back? He seemed to have no clue what happened, and had apparently been given no instructions or a task to complete. He just came back.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • What was the purpose of this guy coming back? He seemed to have no clue what happened, and had apparently been given no instructions or a task to complete. He just came back.
    seems this happened to all,right?
    What was the purpose of this guy coming back? He seemed to have no clue what happened, and had apparently been given no instructions or a task to complete. He just came back.

No, everybody else had a task.

Jack Sylvane: Get one of the keys
    Ernest Cobb: Shoot Dr. Sengupta
    Cal Sweeny: Get one of the keys
    Guy Hastings: Track down Tommy Madsen

The only other one I can't remember doing anything was Kit Nelson, but maybe I'm forgetting. Or maybe he just didn't have time to do it before he was killed.
  • What was the purpose of this guy coming back? He seemed to have no clue what happened, and had apparently been given no instructions or a task to complete. He just came back.

No, everybody else had a task.

Jack Sylvane: Get one of the keys
    Ernest Cobb: Shoot Dr. Sengupta
    Cal Sweeny: Get one of the keys
    Guy Hastings: Track down Tommy Madsen

The only other one I can't remember doing anything was Kit Nelson, but maybe I'm forgetting. Or maybe he just didn't have time to do it before he was killed.
    so that means,that others know how they dissapear and come back now?
    very intresting the whole idea of this show
    I don't think any of them really know (except for maybe Madsen and possibly the Doctor). They just seem to come back with the suggestion inserted into their minds to perform certain tasks/hits.
    so that means,that others know how they dissapear and come back now?
    very intresting the whole idea of this show

I don't think they really know much about the how or why, but somebody has told them something, and at least given them orders. Paxton Petty just knew that he woke up and found out it was 2012. Sylvane appeared to have been told what year it was, given his ferry ticket, given a task. Guy Hastings had been told where to find his gun and Ray. Stuff like that. They had some sort of contact with whoever let them loose, Paxton didn't appear to.

In Guy's case we know that after the disappearance he and the other guards had been told they were in accident, and kept somewhere, as well as being told that their families had been killed.
    2 hours of Alcatraz tonight. Alcatraz and House were preempted last week because the Daytona 500 was rained out or something on Sunday, and it was run on Monday. So tonight they are showing the episode that was supposed to air last week and then this week's episode.

The bad news is that I've read the show isn't getting great reviews and is likely going to be cancelled, but I haven't heard anything definite yet.
  • 2 hours of Alcatraz tonight. Alcatraz and House were preempted last week because the Daytona 500 was rained out or something on Sunday, and it was run on Monday. So tonight they are showing the episode that was supposed to air last week and then this week's episode.

The bad news is that I've read the show isn't getting great reviews and is likely going to be cancelled, but I haven't heard anything definite yet.

That is bad news, I am liking it so far. Fox has a pretty long history of sticking with shows that should be killed based on ratings alone. Look at how long Fringe has stuck around....Alcatraz just might be a Friday night move or something. As silly as some of the stuff is I like the mystery and lead characters.
    (If they would only grow her hair out and keep her in tight shirts it would make the ratings jump.) :D
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Hopefully they speed up the plot a bit. Week after week it's the same thiing and nothing really is ever revealed.
    I'm hoping back-to-back episodes will help spotted things up. The pushing is really starting to get to me
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    DS1119 wrote:
    Hopefully they speed up the plot a bit. Week after week it's the same thiing and nothing really is ever revealed.

Yeah. Ratings have been going down each week too and it looksl ike it will be cancelled from what I have been reading. I think I might be done with this show...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    just download it... :D
    The two last night helped with the overall arc of the show. They also broke (somewhat) the formula most episodes have used thus far. Here's hoping they continue to change things up a bit.
    cool episodes
    will be a show tonight?
    will be a show tonight?
    I'm a little late, but yeah, there was. Some interesting stuff with the Warden happened and Doc's love life began to progress. Kind of worried it won't make it to next season though. it sounds like the ratings are sub-par for the money Fox had invested in it.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I have to say the girl they have cast in the lead is attractive but she's not the greatest actor. The scenes not involving her become the most interesting...at least for me.