Bad Reputation?

Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
OK...Tell me something 10c'rs or am I the only one.

This has happened to me now like 5 times. I have mentioned the boards to other Pearl Jam fans out there.
Others who don't post on the boards here but, are members of 10c.

Each time, no exaggeration EACH time..the person has said something negative such as "too much drama on there", "...there are some very snobby pearl jam fans that post there" and the best yet, "...That place (the boards) goes to show you that there are pearl jam fans that are not very nice..."

I don't get it...I have never had an issue on here with drama or people that are not nice or kind.

I was just wondering if there are any others that have experienced the same reaction.
"...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    combination of truth and overly sensitive people ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    combination of truth and overly sensitive people ...

this. i don't post in here very often but there are times when i read things on here and people don't seem very pleasant. or i get the feeling that i'm not in the loop as far as being great friends with people on the board like others are. but i'm not overly sensitive so it doesn't bother me. if there's something i want to post or comment about . . . . i do. and if not. . . . i don't.
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    The Porch is full of dicks
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    There are some people that come off as being nasty but I think it’s more joking around than anything. It's hard to determine the attitude behind a typed word sometimes.

You should have been here years ago, there was one guy that was banned repeatedly and then permanently. He could be caustic, but he was funny as shit.

And he’s actually a good guy, I still catch up with him every once in a while via email.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    there is always drama around ticketing time....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Just like everything else in life, there are some bad apples. The vast majority of people around here are beyond great, in my opinion.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    Fuck 'em and whatever they might think.

;)
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    The Porch is full of dicks

succinct and to the point
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I don't know. The number of comments I'd classify as "mean" are very, very few. I have (had) two names that in my mind would be dicks, but I haven't heard from them in a long while (banned?)

I read a whole lot more than I post and some of you people make me laugh. The AET is my entertainment at work.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I just stay out of the AMT and I'm alright :D

Honestly though, if you compare these boards to the Warehouse boards, it's like night and day. THAT place is the worst. Don't even get me started on what goes on over there! Of course there are some bad apples here, but that's easy to ignore. I've found the people here to be awesome!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I just stay out of the AMT and I'm alright :D

Honestly though, if you compare these boards to the Warehouse boards, it's like night and day. THAT place is the worst. Don't even get me started on what goes on over there! Of course there are some bad apples here, but that's easy to ignore. I've found the people here to be awesome!

i can't hang there for very long...it's disorganized and poorly moderated (if at all)...and they don't really talk at all about the band and if they do it's usually negative
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I apoligize for anything I have or wil say to anyone that seems offensive.
  • I think it goes without saying that if you go to the AMT section on the wrong day, it can look like a fucking elementary school playground.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    DS1119 wrote:
    I apoligize for anything I have or wil say to anyone that seems offensive.
    or is... ;)
    :lol:
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    I think it goes without saying that if you go to the AMT section on the wrong day, it can look like a fucking elementary school playground.

same thing with the porch
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I think it goes without saying that if you go to the AMT section on the wrong day, it can look like a fucking elementary school playground.

what i find funny is that it's the same people that post in other forums! ... :lol:

edit: if you can't stand the heat - stay out of the kitchen ... ;)
    norm wrote:

The Porch has become very boring the past few months. It's either people bitching about the Ten Club or people bitching about the Ten CLub.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    this can be applied to pretty much every band's message board(s).
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:

even the same band...for example, i don't like the rm boards (although i haven't been on there in years)
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    norm wrote:

Agreed. However it is fun to "play" with the children sometimes! :lolno: :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    OK...Tell me something 10c'rs or am I the only one.

This has happened to me now like 5 times. I have mentioned the boards to other Pearl Jam fans out there.
    Others who don't post on the boards here but, are members of 10c.

Each time, no exaggeration EACH time..the person has said something negative such as "too much drama on there", "...there are some very snobby pearl jam fans that post there" and the best yet, "...That place (the boards) goes to show you that there are pearl jam fans that are not very nice..."

I don't get it...I have never had an issue on here with drama or people that are not nice or kind.

I was just wondering if there are any others that have experienced the same reaction.

Tell your people next time that they need only pay attention to the AET forum~where all the cool, mellow, even-tempered non-dick fans hang out.

:wtf:
    Rollings wrote:

Tell your people next time that they need only pay attention to the AET forum~where all the cool, mellow, even-tempered non-dick fans hang out.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN COOL, MELLOW, EVEN-TEMPERED?!?!? :x

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    As another poster said, "it is hard to read sarcasm thru words"-don't forget to use your smileys!

I try to stay neutral towards people I don't know/new people. I do realize that when I joke with people that I do know, it can look mean to a newbie. But if you piss me off...

I have been bullied on the Porch, but some really great people did stick up for me...maybe if we can be conscious about looking out for others, and telling trolls to back off, it can alleviate some tension that seems to crop up in certain forums/threads.

It is funny that some people say, "if I ever see that guy, I'm gonna punch him in the fudd" and when they do finally meet, it's all smiles and hugs. :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    As another poster said, "it is hard to read sarcasm thru words"-don't forget to use your smileys!

I try to stay neutral towards people I don't know/new people. I do realize that when I joke with people that I do know, it can look mean to a newbie. But if you piss me off...

I have been bullied on the Porch, but some really great people did stick up for me...maybe if we can be conscious about looking out for others, and telling trolls to back off, it can alleviate some tension that seems to crop up in certain forums/threads.

It is funny that some people say, "if I ever see that guy, I'm gonna punch him in the fudd" and when they do finally meet, it's all smiles and hugs. :?

What's a fudd?
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    polaris_x wrote:

what i find funny is that it's the same people that post in other forums! ... :lol:

edit: if you can't stand the heat - stay out of the kitchen ... ;)

On most days I like AMT. One just has to know how to ignore the jerks and move on. Like Polaris said above...
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Rollings wrote:

nothing! Nevermind! I'm Sorry! :shock:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:
    What's a fudd?

only dunkman can explain...in that dunk-esque like manner.

search for it...man, it brings back some really epic threads...***waits for 81 to resurrect an old thread that contains the word 'fudd'***
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Rollings wrote:
    Rollings wrote:

nothing! Nevermind! I'm Sorry! :shock:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    BinFrog wrote:
    Exactly, any "community", online or otherwise has its good and bad...this place seems to have more good than bad, and those I've met in person as a result of being a member of the 10C and this forum have all been good people.

So next time someone mentions the boards bad reputation, hit them with a chorus or two of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RAQXg0IdfI
    This weekend we rock Portland
This discussion has been closed.