Life stress and how to deal...

2»

Comments

• CheeksCheeks Posts: 151
    I'm still a little mind blown from the amount of support I'm getting from total strangers... Thanks for all your thoughtful responses. I've really given them thought and used what I can.
    One major catch for me is that I don't have anyone to leave my daughter with very often... so as tempting as some ideas are, I just can't take off for hours at a time. Also, it's dark here by the time I get home from work at 4:30 pm, and we have cougars and coyotes where we live.
    However, over the weekend I did have a really good cry with one of my best girl friends. She's all "why the f--- didn't you say something earlier?" Anyway, now I have her checking up on me every few hours :lol:
    I do yoga at home pretty much everyday, but it has been a while since I was able to make it to a class. I'll go when I can.
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Life sucks sometimes... keep doing what you're doing. Sometimes a good cry does a lot of good, even throwing a few things from time to time help relieve stress.

Maybe consider a little vacation, just to re-group your inner self, and add a little meditation or yoga to the mix of your daily life. The effects did wonders for me.
    I do actually have a week in Cancun coming up at the end of February for my sister's wedding. We totally couldn't afford to go on our own, so my sister is paying for us. As generous as this is (and I adore my sister), it does add some stress since it just feels awkward. But I'll do my best to enjoy it while we're there.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Get yourself a cheap drum set. Beating the shit out of something in a musical way really helps :)
    LOL... my daughter has a drum set (for being only 2, she has a remarkable sense of rhythm), so perhaps I'll take a go at them. Hope they don't break. On a side note... Breaking Bad is awesome!
    Cheeks, did ya make it to the beach?!
    Yes, my daughter and I bundled up and went to the beach. We playing in the rain on the sand (tide was out) and she thought this was great. I think the extra exercise was good for us both.
    g under p wrote:
    For me there's a good reason I keep a softball bat and batting gloves in my truck. I go to the batting cage to take the stress, frustration out on those balls. Sometimes riding my bicycle south for undetermined distance for hours till its time to turn back with NO CELL PHONE.

Sorry for the loss of a child that can be totally traumatic for anyone to live through. I wish for you all the best throughout this year...meditation or yoga are at times could be helpful to relieve your stress.

Peace
    I think the physical outlet for stress may be what I need at times. I'm think I might hang up the old punching bag in garage again. I actually used to use this quite a bit after I had our first daughter--she was stillborn. It was one of my more positive ways of coping. I used to punch and punch and punch while listening to Save You at top volume. Thanks for your kind wishes...

Anyway, nothing has changed so far, but I have to say I'm feeling much better about being able to cope until they do change... I'm working on a few things. Sending you all many hugs of thanks!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    for me, i can relieve stress by either running or by writing/playing music.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Cheeks wrote:
    I'm still a little mind blown from the amount of support I'm getting from total strangers... Thanks for all your thoughtful responses. I've really given them thought and used what I can.
    One major catch for me is that I don't have anyone to leave my daughter with very often... so as tempting as some ideas are, I just can't take off for hours at a time. Also, it's dark here by the time I get home from work at 4:30 pm, and we have cougars and coyotes where we live.
    However, over the weekend I did have a really good cry with one of my best girl friends. She's all "why the f--- didn't you say something earlier?" Anyway, now I have her checking up on me every few hours :lol:
    I do yoga at home pretty much everyday, but it has been a while since I was able to make it to a class. I'll go when I can.
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Life sucks sometimes... keep doing what you're doing. Sometimes a good cry does a lot of good, even throwing a few things from time to time help relieve stress.

Maybe consider a little vacation, just to re-group your inner self, and add a little meditation or yoga to the mix of your daily life. The effects did wonders for me.
    I do actually have a week in Cancun coming up at the end of February for my sister's wedding. We totally couldn't afford to go on our own, so my sister is paying for us. As generous as this is (and I adore my sister), it does add some stress since it just feels awkward. But I'll do my best to enjoy it while we're there.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Get yourself a cheap drum set. Beating the shit out of something in a musical way really helps :)
    LOL... my daughter has a drum set (for being only 2, she has a remarkable sense of rhythm), so perhaps I'll take a go at them. Hope they don't break. On a side note... Breaking Bad is awesome!
    Cheeks, did ya make it to the beach?!
    Yes, my daughter and I bundled up and went to the beach. We playing in the rain on the sand (tide was out) and she thought this was great. I think the extra exercise was good for us both.
    g under p wrote:
    For me there's a good reason I keep a softball bat and batting gloves in my truck. I go to the batting cage to take the stress, frustration out on those balls. Sometimes riding my bicycle south for undetermined distance for hours till its time to turn back with NO CELL PHONE.

Sorry for the loss of a child that can be totally traumatic for anyone to live through. I wish for you all the best throughout this year...meditation or yoga are at times could be helpful to relieve your stress.

Peace
    I think the physical outlet for stress may be what I need at times. I'm think I might hang up the old punching bag in garage again. I actually used to use this quite a bit after I had our first daughter--she was stillborn. It was one of my more positive ways of coping. I used to punch and punch and punch while listening to Save You at top volume. Thanks for your kind wishes...

Anyway, nothing has changed so far, but I have to say I'm feeling much better about being able to cope until they do change... I'm working on a few things. Sending you all many hugs of thanks!

:thumbup: :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)