Did ya have fun last night??

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,444
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I want to hear some good drinking/drunk stories!!!!
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Yes...rang in the new year in Costa Rica with wife and plenty of party goers....great fireworks display....no real good drinking/drunk stories though.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    Yes...rang in the new year in Costa Rica with wife and plenty of party goers....great fireworks display....no real good drinking/drunk stories though.
    Costa Rica???

NICE!!!!!

REAL NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i got drunk and had a fuckin blast here on the forum with you fine people(i'm hundreds of miles away from my family and friends and everyone here in South Carolina is boring as fuck) :D
  • conman wrote:
    i got drunk and had a fuckin blast here on the forum with you fine people(i'm hundreds of miles away from my family and friends and everyone here in South Carolina is boring as fuck) :D
    For some reason New Years Day has never been a BIG DEAL for me...At least as far as boozing goes....
    I dont know why...

I stayed in last night...
    Cooked some Lobster Tail and a Nice Steak....

Nice and Quiet evening....
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    conman wrote:

:clap: :thumbup:

I was so glad I was here last night too,fine place to be when alone :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    conman wrote:
    For some reason New Years Day has never been a BIG DEAL for me...At least as far as boozing goes....
    I dont know why...

I stayed in last night...
    Cooked some Lobster Tail and a Nice Steak....

Nice and Quiet evening....
    i'm not big fan NYE either, but any excuse to get drunk is a good one for me :? :lol:

i love me some surf and turf... invite me next time :mrgreen:
  • conman wrote:
    i'm not big fan NYE either, but any excuse to get drunk is a good one for me :? :lol:

The lobster tail sucked...
    I should have gone with the King Crab legs.....

But the fucking Steak was KICK ASS!!!!!
    conman wrote:

The lobster tail sucked...
    I should have gone with the King Crab legs.....

But the fucking Steak was KICK ASS!!!!!
    yup, i'm going to the supermarket and getting a steak.. firing up the grill and eating there's no tomorrow.. thanks!! :D
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Bowled 4 strikes and ate hot fudge sundae's.

Big fun indeed :P
    Nice shirt.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    was up all night coughing & with a fever that wouldn't quit. finally fell asleep around 2am...feeling a bit better today, so that's good!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Made some Amaretto Stone Sours and watched the Big Bang Theory marathon on TV. Not a bad evening. :mrgreen:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    My boyfriend and I got some wine and stayed home for the evening just hanging out and being together. It was, honestly, the best NYE I've ever had...it was absolutely wonderful :)
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • i was working... ;)

working at this retirement home for old people, they were drunk at least... :/

but was working with nice people and got to see some rockets ;)
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,685
    Not big myself on the whole New Years Eve thing as well (since I'm older now) Don't mind a few drinks and all. But I'm not aloud to drink for 15 days cause of some new medication :( (Just got out of the hospital on Friday)
    So spent it with the wife, daughter, mom & dad and watched the Canadian Jrs beat the americans last night in the IIHF World Jr. Hockey Tournament :D

Bring home the GOLD baby
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Was on antibiotics for an eye infection so I only had one beer. My wife developed a head cold around 9pm and her nose was running the whole night. Continued working on a jigsaw puzzle I got for Christmas until midnight. :lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,935
    in bed by 10:00 :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    imalive wrote:
    in bed by 10:00 :roll:
    10:15 :lol:
    Kids up till 1 :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Happy New Year Speedy! I had a great time. I'm in Boston with 2 of my oldest and dearest friends. I wanted to go see Fenway so we went to a sports bar across from the park drank a couple beers and watched sports, then headed off to the harbor where my friend works on fishing boats. We sat on a dock and sipped some whiskey out of a flask and talked about fishing. and boats. and fisherman. Then we headed to Southie where we randomly found a bar that was in the movie Good Will Hunting. We had a few drinks, shot the shit with some locals and listened to a lot of Hall and Oates, Phil Collins, Counting Crows, and Marvin Gaye. Some guy had loaded the jukebox and all those southie dudes knew all the words. Who knew? I was inspired. :lol: After that we headed back home, chilled for a bit, watched a movie, didn't realize we missed midnight and then proceeded to get shit faced and danced to 90s era rap for 4 or 5 hours. We rang in each New Year across the country including Alaska but we didn't make Hawaii. :mrgreen:
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Happy New Year Speedy! I had a great time. I'm in Boston with 2 of my oldest and dearest friends. I wanted to go see Fenway so we went to a sports bar across from the park drank a couple beers and watched sports, then headed off to the harbor where my friend works on fishing boats. We sat on a dock and sipped some whiskey out of a flask and talked about fishing. and boats. and fisherman. Then we headed to Southie where we randomly found a bar that was in the movie Good Will Hunting. We had a few drinks, shot the shit with some locals and listened to a lot of Hall and Oates, Phil Collins, Counting Crows, and Marvin Gaye. Some guy had loaded the jukebox and all those southie dudes knew all the words. Who knew? I was inspired. :lol: After that we headed back home, chilled for a bit, watched a movie, didn't realize we missed midnight and then proceeded to get shit faced and danced to 90s era rap for 4 or 5 hours. We rang in each New Year across the country including Alaska but we didn't make Hawaii. :mrgreen:
    Sounds great! :D
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Sounds great! :D

:D It was!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    The best yet. :)

Got to spend it with my love, my best friend and his fiancee.. spent the evening playing Balderdash and watching funny youtube videos.

I've been to the big parties, clubs, have gotten hammered, so forth, but nothing compares to the simple times laughing with those closest to you. NOTHING.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I puked 5 minutes after midnight. Definitely not my best partying performance. :thumbdown:

If it's any sign of what my year will be like, it's going to be a long ride.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Gob wrote:
    The best yet. :)

Got to spend it with my love, my best friend and his fiancee.. spent the evening playing Balderdash and watching funny youtube videos.

I've been to the big parties, clubs, have gotten hammered, so forth, but nothing compares to the simple times laughing with those closest to you. NOTHING.
    I agree. I stayed home and just hung out with my love and it was the best NYE I've had. Glad you had a good time!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,935
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I puked 5 minutes after midnight. Definitely not my best partying performance. :thumbdown:

If it's any sign of what my year will be like, it's going to be a long ride.
    I thought you had this drinking thing figured out :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    :roll:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,834
    I got together with two other couples and a total of 8 kids.
    I brought over two faithfull ales and a 12 pack of sierra nevada celebration ale.
    Our host, from Romania, was bragging about his drinking ability. Guess he isn't used to beer that has a kick to it.
    He was so excited about how good the beer tasted that he didnt eat anything (including the 3 lbs. of jumbo gulf shrimp cocktail I brought-damn good by the way). Big mistake.
    By 8 he was asking everyone for hugs and he was screaming "ef jesus" (he claimed to be an orthodox catholic). By 9:30 he was passed out in a deck chair. Even his tiny wife out drank him. It was funny.

The rest of us just drank and snacked until 3 am. Good time.
    Get_Right wrote:
    I got together with two other couples and a total of 8 kids.
    I brought over two faithfull ales and a 12 pack of sierra nevada celebration ale.
    Our host, from Romania, was bragging about his drinking ability. Guess he isn't used to beer that has a kick to it.
    He was so excited about how good the beer tasted that he didnt eat anything (including the 3 lbs. of jumbo gulf shrimp cocktail I brought-damn good by the way). Big mistake.
    By 8 he was asking everyone for hugs and he was screaming "ef jesus" (he claimed to be an orthodox catholic). By 9:30 he was passed out in a deck chair. Even his tiny wife out drank him. It was funny.

The rest of us just drank and snacked until 3 am. Good time.
    light-weights :lol:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i don't drink. very boring, that's me. next. :evil:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    Mine was ok. Went to a friends house. Drank a few beers, played Wii (mario Kart) watched the ball drop, then watched a movie which i dozed in and out of.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    just hung with some friends and family

had 1 shot of scotch for good luck

alcohol is over-rated
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......