2011 how did it treat you?

13»

Comments

• PJ88 wrote:
    Not great at all. Besides loosing the use of my hand (only can move my fingers a little) due to an accident/injury, I am in the midst of being in the most debilitating pain I have ever been in because of it. I basically have to plan my damn days around my pain and because of this, and the loss of a lot of skills I can no longer do, I am becoming a freakin' basket case! :evil: It just sucks I guess I wanted to say. Oh well, I could be a lot worse off I guess....

Sorry to hear dude, keep your chin up and be strong!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • 2011 can bite my ass :wave:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    2011 can bite my ass :wave:

mine too.... goodbye 2011 !!!!! :evil:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    mikalina wrote:
    2011 can bite my ass :wave:

mine too.... goodbye 2011 !!!!! :evil:
    This. There were some really great moments, don't get me wrong (several in fact)...but man, the good definitely got overshadowed a bit by all the bad. Good riddance!
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Mine was pretty spectacular. Got married, had a wonderful honeymoon in Mexico and got pregnant :mrgreen:

2012 is gonna be a carrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaazzzzy one! :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Mine was pretty spectacular. Got married, had a wonderful honeymoon in Mexico and got pregnant :mrgreen:

:D
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    An emergency room visit in July with a diagnosis of both a heart attack and adult on-set diabetes......triple by-pass surgery four days later....'nuff said?
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,834
    Better than 2010 but not as good as 2006.
    Mine was pretty spectacular. Got married, had a wonderful honeymoon in Mexico and got pregnant :mrgreen:

Congrats to all
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Mine was pretty spectacular. Got married, had a wonderful honeymoon in Mexico and got pregnant :mrgreen:

awesome!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Truly 2011 was one of my best years. It started out with a fabu surprise party for my BD (given by my unconditionally loving sis), finding the holy grail that I've been waiting to find (thanks Kelly), going to PJ20 (after 12 hours online to score tickets - I know I'm not alone in that) with a wonderful friend - undescribable time! Then, talking with all of you folks on the forum. Thank you all so much. 2012 is gonna be even more amazing. Hope to see/meet some of you at the US shows. And to htose of you seeing the Europe shows, rock for us in the US that can't go!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    An emergency room visit in July with a diagnosis of both a heart attack and adult on-set diabetes......triple by-pass surgery four days later....'nuff said?

Sorry to hear about that. Hope everything is going better for you! Here's to 2012! ;)
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
    ogey38 wrote:

Sorry to hear about that. Hope everything is going better for you! Here's to 2012! ;)
    Things are going very well since then, thank you :D
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    tybird wrote:
    ogey38 wrote:

Things are going very well since then, thank you :D

Glad to read that things have gotten better. Wishing you all the best health in the New Year!
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    In 2011 I graduated law school, passed the bar, and got a job. I was extremely lucky this year and those things mean nothing compared to the love I get from my family and friends. I hope the luck can continue for me in 2012 and wish the best for everyone on this board.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    In 2011 I graduated law school, passed the bar, and got a job. I was extremely lucky this year and those things mean nothing compared to the love I get from my family and friends. I hope the luck can continue for me in 2012 and wish the best for everyone on this board.
    Congratulations on such a great 2011! Hopefully 2012 will be just as great for you!
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Got married to fellow forum member 'audiodave'. :mrgreen:
    Made some amazing friends. :D
    My husband's grandfather passed away.
    Lost my job.

To be fair, 2011 could've been better.... but it could've been a lot worse.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    2011 was completely awesome in someways ...COMPLETELY SUCKED in others.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    2011 was great!

few worries

health ... still alive, children doing pretty good, biz limping less

still in 32 years of love :D

some great 20th gifts too and I got to see EDDIE! Best memory!

who could ask for more :D
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I had a lovely New Year's...

a package arrived on Saturday afternoon... :eh:

it contained 2 cans of alcoholic whipped cream... :mrgreen:

"Shot Girl Not Included"... :(

it was still a very nice New Years!

Thanks afroannnie! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited January 2012
    After 2010, 2011 was easily the best year of my life. Because I got to live to see it. I learned to walk again and got rid of my wheel chair. I got to drive a car again. I regained some functionality in a nerve damaged right hand that will never be the same. I got to go back to school and take courses. Life is great, as long as I'm alive and able to walk.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    PJ88 wrote:
    Not great at all. Besides loosing the use of my hand (only can move my fingers a little) due to an accident/injury, I am in the midst of being in the most debilitating pain I have ever been in because of it. I basically have to plan my damn days around my pain and because of this, and the loss of a lot of skills I can no longer do, I am becoming a freakin' basket case! :evil: It just sucks I guess I wanted to say. Oh well, I could be a lot worse off I guess....

I'm in the same boat, had an accident that left my dominant hand severely nerve damaged almost two years ago. Is what you have a nerve injury?
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    up and down- got a promotion but got fucking lied to and deceived big time by a an evil fucking bitch who will rot in hell.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    First half was pretty damn good, second half not so much.

Still, good stuff on the shitty side of the year too - school and work experience and a certain wedding that was mentioned in this thread already. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."