I need a new vacuum cleaner

fotdfotd Posts: 514
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I need a new vacuum cleaner, preferably one that is bagless. Does anyone have any recommendations?
I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707
    Here's an outfit that carries a good variety of quality products. I've had great luck with this company:

http://www.allergybuyersclub.com/vacuum-cleaners.html
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Our family has a Bissell PowerForce. We payed $50 at Wal-Mart 4yrs ago. Still works great. Only a few minor repairs. I have replaced the belt twice($10) and the filter about 4 times($25). Great affordable vaccum. Remember this is an item where more expensive or more "fancy" doesn't mean better quality or longer lasting in my opinion. Good Luck!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Get a Dyson.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    This is a perfect question to ask my brother, who just turned 10 yesterday. He says Hoover Wind Tunnel Rewind T-Series in silver.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Newch91 wrote:
    This is a perfect question to ask my brother, who just turned 10 yesterday. He says Hoover Wind Tunnel Rewind T-Series in silver.
    Happy Birthday to your brother! 10 is a great age.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    CH156378 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Happy Birthday to your brother! 10 is a great age.
    Thank you!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    eddiec wrote:
    Get a Dyson.

Dude, yes. We just got a brand new Animal DC-28 from Dyson... it is an unbelievable machine. With the proper upkeep, maintenance, filter changes, etc... this vacuum could last ages... and it's made the carpets cleaner than I have seen them since we moved in.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    eddiec wrote:
    Get a Dyson.

Dude, yes. We just got a brand new Animal DC-28 from Dyson... it is an unbelievable machine. With the proper upkeep, maintenance, filter changes, etc... this vacuum could last ages... and it's made the carpets cleaner than I have seen them since we moved in.

imo, seems all things Dyson are just a little over priced.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    eddiec wrote:
    Get a Dyson.

imo, seems all things Dyson are just a little over priced.

It is a high price, yes, but the performance is outstanding... plus the designing of the machine is pretty impressive and it's probably one of the smallest full-functioning vacuum cleaners I have seen.

It's a worthy investment if you're actually willing to maintain and care for it. You'll get your money's worth.

I guess it's all preference, but I haven't seen a vacuum clean better than a Dyson.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    this thread reminds me of an Ari Gold quote. don't know the exact quote but it goes something like this...

'she had a mouth like a Dyson vacuum, never lost suction' :lol:
    conman wrote:
    this thread reminds me of an Ari Gold quote. don't know the exact quote but it goes something like this...

A perfect slogan for Dyson. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I use an Oreck and the fricking thing can clean.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    hk-vacuum.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    dcfaithful wrote:
    conman wrote:

There's a small vaccum cleaner shop in my town, their sign says "Everything we sell sucks."
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    get one that really sucks.

wait :? :lol:
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    dcfaithful wrote:
    eddiec wrote:
    Get a Dyson.

That was what I got for Christmas...Dyson rocks :ugeek:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Poncier wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    conman wrote:

There's a small vaccum cleaner shop in my town, their sign says "Everything we sell sucks."

The local place near me is called the "Backdoor Vacuum Shop". I'm not brave enough to walk in there yet...
  • tybird wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    eddiec wrote:
    Get a Dyson.

That was what I got for Christmas...Dyson rocks :ugeek:

I have had the original DC07 model for many many many years now. You are correct they will last ages!

My Dyson will be replaced with a Dyson but there is simply no reason to get a new one.
    If you have pets you will love it!
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
    bionicamy wrote:
    If you have pets you will love it!

I think this is why Dyson wins me over. They handle pet hair and dander like a beast.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • conman wrote:

:lol:
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • fotdfotd Posts: 514
    I would love a Dyson but for my apartment I think it may be a little overkill plus they are a little out of my price range. I've been looking online and it seems people really like the brand Shark. Does anybody have one? Thinking about the Navigator Lift Away.
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    conman wrote:

http://www.arigoldquotes.com/page/7/?s=%22E%3A%22

found it, a little less than half way down the page.... first bj
  • conman wrote:
    conman wrote:

http://www.arigoldquotes.com/page/7/?s=%22E%3A%22

found it, a little less than half way down the page.... first bj
    Ari is amazing! I loved that show!
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    fotd wrote:
    I need a new vacuum cleaner, preferably one that is bagless. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    i need A vacuum cleaner and a mop and a broom and a dust pan, and a turkey baster and a mold for baking cakes and a car and a house and a stereo and a case of oil nd some gas and some window tape and i need some paint and glue and tacks and nails for paintings and a computer and i don't need a pencil and i don't need a eraser and i don't need a battery and i don't need to sweep my kitchen floor and vacuum my carpets because i use my landlord's every couple months and i need candles and a light bulb and a step ladder and a bit of this and that
    not that or this

mostly a vacuum and broom
    cardboard works well as a dust pan
    :lolno:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I last hoovered my place in July ... I like house tumbleweed
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dander

Here that means to take a walk :? What is it that needs hoovered?

conman wrote:
    she had a mouth like a Dyson vacuum, never lost suction' :lol:

:clap::lol:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    get a Roomba that way if you have a cat or a small dog they can ride it :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxW3GWZ5hI
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    chadwick wrote:
    fotd wrote:
    i need A vacuum cleaner and a mop and a broom and a dust pan, and a turkey baster and a mold for baking cakes and a car and a house and a stereo and a case of oil nd some gas and some window tape and i need some paint and glue and tacks and nails for paintings and a computer and i don't need a pencil and i don't need a eraser and i don't need a battery and i don't need to sweep my kitchen floor and vacuum my carpets because i use my landlord's every couple months and i need candles and a light bulb and a step ladder and a bit of this and that
    not that or this

mostly a vacuum and broom
    cardboard works well as a dust pan
    :lolno:

I need a new washer and dryer
    these bowling balls have certainly taken a toll on them.

but with strikes so shiny!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    same w/ my washer and dryer. i found out washing my ironing board in the washer is a task. can i help it the bastard needs a cleaning? no. so i put the fucker in my washing machine. it takes two washings and several dryings.

same w/ me bose speakers. dusty. so i washed em. now they sound funny. stupid dust.

my zippo lighter of ed needed a cleaning. it banged around in both the washer and dryer until the lighter's lid broke off. and the zippo company & pearl jam say they sell quality products.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I know.

I don't know why my laptop doesn't work
    i mean I just washed it yesterday!

what the...?