The Under 20 Club

BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
edited January 2012 in The Porch
I'm 13 now and I've been a fan since 11. Who else is under 20? When did you start listening to PJ? I remember my Mom showed me Ten and that was it for me, loved PJ ever since :!:
2013 : London, Buffalo

Comments

• awesome!. im not under 20, but i discovered PJ around that age. Very cool to see some younger fans speak up here!
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Wow, 13, pretty impressive.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • HamauryHamaury Posts: 189
    I`m 20, am i in the club? ahahahaha
    04/12/05 - Rio de Janeiro
    06/11/11 - Rio de Janeiro

"Come Back"
  • No offense, kid, but should 13-year-olds be on message boards with adults (or at all)?
  • I was a member of that club for a long time. I'm 20 now. I'm kinda bummed that my membership has been revoked.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Welcome to the boards! I'm 22 but have been listening to peal jam since i was about your age 12-13 Their a great band, despite no one my age listening to them or even able to relate to how big of a fan i am!
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Wow, very cool! I was 11 when Ten came out and have been a fan ever since too. That's awesome to know younger people are fans.

What's your favorite record? Have you seen them live?
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    gotsome420 wrote:
    Welcome to the boards! I'm 22 but have been listening to peal jam since i was about your age 12-13 Their a great band, despite no one my age listening to them or even able to relate to how big of a fan i am!

Yeah your age group is in no mans land. Its hard enough finding any one that Loves PJ as much as we do any more. If this Fan Club wasnt here, we would all be wondering crazies. Probably locked up for being to big of a fan. :lol:
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • october22 wrote:
    Wow, very cool! I was 11 when Ten came out and have been a fan ever since too. That's awesome to know younger people are fans.

What's your favorite record? Have you seen them live?
    Haven't seem them live yet but my mom said whenever they come around again we'll definitively go.

My favorite album is probably Yield, then No Code, Then Vitalogy
    gotsome420 wrote:
    Welcome to the boards! I'm 22 but have been listening to peal jam since i was about your age 12-13 Their a great band, despite no one my age listening to them or even able to relate to how big of a fan i am!

Yeah your age group is in no mans land. Its hard enough finding any one that Loves PJ as much as we do any more. If this Fan Club wasnt here, we would all be wondering crazies. Probably locked up for being to big of a fan. :lol:
    Just turned 26, there is a large contingency of my firends that had older sibilings that loved music and this band. so i am lucky enough to know a lot of people obsessed with pearl jam. i know atleast 10 people from my graduating class in high school that made the trip from CT to WI for PJ20. And I graduated in 2004.
  • dwhite76 wrote:
    gotsome420 wrote:

Just turned 26, there is a large contingency of my firends that had older sibilings that loved music and this band. so i am lucky enough to know a lot of people obsessed with pearl jam. i know atleast 10 people from my graduating class in high school that made the trip from CT to WI for PJ20. And I graduated in 2004.

I wish there was more people in my school who like them, i am basically the only one. Some teachers like them though, so thats pretty cool
    What is the origin of your name "rehabdoll?"

perhaps I am too old to know the reference :lol:
  • Get_Right wrote:

It's Green River's 1988 album, Green River was before Mother Love Bone, and Pearl Jam. The members of Green River are Mark Arm, Steve Turner, Alex Vincent, Bruce Fairweather, Jeff Ament, and Stone Gossard
    RehabDoll wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

It's Green River's 1988 album, Green River was before Mother Love Bone, and Pearl Jam. The members of Green River are Mark Arm, Steve Turner, Alex Vincent, Bruce Fairweather, Jeff Ament, and Stone Gossard
    hahaha I was just schooled by a 13 year old know it all :lol:

I may have heard of green river once or twice... :lol:
  • Get_Right wrote:
    RehabDoll wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

hahaha I was just schooled by a 13 year old know it all :lol:

I may have heard of green river once or twice... :lol:

:lol: You should check them out their really good!
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Wow, I remember when I was thirteen and signed up on these boards....;) I guess I'm getting old....:lol: I'm 15 and still proud to be listening PJ! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • RehabDoll wrote:
    I'm 13 now and I've been a fan since 11. Who else is under 20? When did you start listening to PJ? I remember my Mom showed me Ten and that was it for me, loved PJ ever since :!:

First welcome :D

Second :shock: I feel really old right about now
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Go tell all your classmates who like Dave Matthews, Creed and Nickelback that they are turds.

:clap:

"Welcome to the world, of the real" Morpheus
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Tboz51 wrote:
    Go tell all your classmates who like Dave Matthews, Creed and Nickelback that they are turds.

:clap:

"Welcome to the world, of the real" Morpheus
    +8
  • I think it should be the 'Less than or equal to 20 Club" since I am also 20.
  • its_okits_ok Posts: 198
    No offense, kid, but should 13-year-olds be on message boards with adults (or at all)?

You're kidding right? Otherwise, give the kid a break, it's awesome having younger people here! Or are you sure it's not us that are too old? :D

Just hope the kids can afford a show!!
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    Hamaury wrote:
    I`m 20, am i in the club? ahahahaha

ditto.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • RehabDoll wrote:
    I wish there was more people in my school who like them, i am basically the only one. Some teachers like them though, so thats pretty cool

Hehe... That made me feel really old... :?
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Have a seat.

Hi, I'm Chris Hansen!

D'oh!
  • No offense, kid, but should 13-year-olds be on message boards with adults (or at all)?

Yes, they should be allowed in here. The only reason they wouldn't is because of adults acting younger than 13.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    DS1119 acts like he is 10.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Tboz51 wrote:
    DS1119 acts like he is 10.

hahahahahaha.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • its_ok wrote:
    No offense, kid, but should 13-year-olds be on message boards with adults (or at all)?

You're kidding right? Otherwise, give the kid a break, it's awesome having younger people here! Or are you sure it's not us that are too old? :D

Just hope the kids can afford a show!!

I can see why there would be concern, but if the parents are ok... anywho we are a pretty safe community (or at least I would like to think so).