Stupid Things You've Done On A Dare...

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
After a game at Yankee Stadium my fiance' and I hid in the upper deck until security cleared the stadium and then snuck down onto the field. Some of the players were still there with their families and we acted like we belonged there. No one said a word. We played catch in centerfield and I was leaping against the outfield wall making some of the most spectaculier catches ever..well in my mind they were great. Grabbed some balls and towels from the bullpen (I used the towels in my bathroom for years). Got the lineup card out of the bullpen as well. Now here's where it gets dicey. We are hanging out in the dugout and my fiance dares me to grab the bullpen phone and take it. She kind of did it half joking but she dared me so I had to do it. I now possess the handset from the bullpen phones from both dugouts. In hindsight one of the stupidest things I have ever done. If I had been caught, I'm sure I ould have ended up in jail.

Next night we are watching the game and a shot of Joe Torre comes up sitting next to Don Zimmer as he usually did and the box for the bullpen phone between them. What do I see...a brand new shiny silvere bracket and pad lock on the bullpen phone. We just had to laugh. :lol: If I can find the phones I'll post a picture.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    I'm reporting you to the NYPD. :lol: (kidding)

That sounds like a great time though.

One time in Jr High, about 15 years ago, this girl was knelt down putting stuff in her book bag. She didn't realize that some of the books above her in the upper compartment of her locker were slowly falling out. But at the last second they stopped. So I was dared to kind of help the process along for a good laugh, so I did. Just kind of walked by an nudged them and all I heard was this big crash behind me. Of course, now looking back on it, it was pretty stupid. I wish I knew who she was, because I would definitely apologize to her now.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Before I answer this I need to find out how long the statute of limitations is in Texas and Louisiana.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Before I answer this I need to find out how long the statute of limitations is in Texas and Louisiana.
    :lol::lol:
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you GOTTA post a picture of the phones.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:

Technically it's just the receivers..I had to rip them off. The actual phones were too difficult. I'm almost home so I'll find them. I also got a batting donut and a package of sunflower seeds.
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Technically it's just the receivers..I had to rip them off. The actual phones were too difficult. I'm almost home so I'll find them. I also got a batting donut and a package of sunflower seeds.

you aren't driving are you.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I taped Larry Lester's buns together.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

you aren't driving are you.....

No.

I don't want t admit to two crimes in one thread.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,708
    DS, that's one of the funniest stories I've heard in a long time! :lol::lol::lol:

When I was a kid my Pop took me to Yankee stadium to see a double header. It was the last year that both Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford played before retirement. I got to see Mantle pinch hit and Ford throw an inning or two. My baseball thrill of a lifetime!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Before I answer this I need to find out how long the statute of limitations is in Texas and Louisiana.

LOUISIANA
    Felonies: Crimes with punishment of death or life imprisonment: none; felony punishable by hard labor: 6 yrs.; felony not necessarily punishable by hard labor: 4 yrs.; forcible rape, none; forcible rape, sexual battery (aggravated), carnal knowledge, indecent behavior or molestation of juvenile, crime against nature involving victim under 17 yrs. of age: 10 yrs. beginning when victim turns 18 yrs. old
    Misdemeanors: Punishment of fine or forfeiture: 6 mos.; fine and/or prison: 2 yrs.
    Acts During Which Statute Does Not Run: Avoiding detection, fleeing, outside state, absent residence in state; lacks mental capacity to proceed at trial

TEXAS
    Felonies: Murder, manslaughter, and certain sexual assaults: none; thefts involving fiduciaries or officials forgery, sexual assault, indecency with a child: 10 yrs.; misapplication of fiduciary property: 7 yrs.; other theft, burglary, robbery, and certain sexual assaults: 5 yrs.; arson: 7 yrs.; others: 3 yrs.
    Misdemeanors: 2 yrs.
    Acts During Which Statute Does Not Run Absent: state, pendency of indictment, information complaint

now share.
  • I tried to ride my water buffalo named Hugo. The beer gave me courage , but no pain relief for the bruises.
    brianlux wrote:
    DS, that's one of the funniest stories I've heard in a long time! :lol::lol::lol:

When I was a kid my Pop took me to Yankee stadium to see a double header. It was the last year that both Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford played before retirement. I got to see Mantle pinch hit and Ford throw an inning or two. My baseball thrill of a lifetime!

:thumbup:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I don't want t admit to two crimes in one thread.

put the phone down until you get to your final destination. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119 wrote:
    After a game at Yankee Stadium my fiance' and I hid in the upper deck until security cleared the stadium and then snuck down onto the field. Some of the players were still there with their families and we acted like we belonged there. No one said a word. We played catch in centerfield and I was leaping against the outfield wall making some of the most spectaculier catches ever..well in my mind they were great. Grabbed some balls and towels from the bullpen (I used the towels in my bathroom for years). Got the lineup card out of the bullpen as well. Now here's where it gets dicey. We are hanging out in the dugout and my fiance dares me to grab the bullpen phone and take it. She kind of did it half joking but she dared me so I had to do it. I now possess the handset from the bullpen phones from both dugouts. In hindsight one of the stupidest things I have ever done. If I had been caught, I'm sure I ould have ended up in jail.

Next night we are watching the game and a shot of Joe Torre comes up sitting next to Don Zimmer as he usually did and the box for the bullpen phone between them. What do I see...a brand new shiny silvere bracket and pad lock on the bullpen phone. We just had to laugh. :lol: If I can find the phones I'll post a picture.

That's awesome!

Most of mine involved embarrassing nudity combined with bonfires or a 20 foot diving board. What? The pool was cold, man!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

LOUISIANA
    Felonies: Crimes with punishment of death or life imprisonment: none; felony punishable by hard labor: 6 yrs.; felony not necessarily punishable by hard labor: 4 yrs.; forcible rape, none; forcible rape, sexual battery (aggravated), carnal knowledge, indecent behavior or molestation of juvenile, crime against nature involving victim under 17 yrs. of age: 10 yrs. beginning when victim turns 18 yrs. old
    Misdemeanors: Punishment of fine or forfeiture: 6 mos.; fine and/or prison: 2 yrs.
    Acts During Which Statute Does Not Run: Avoiding detection, fleeing, outside state, absent residence in state; lacks mental capacity to proceed at trial

TEXAS
    Felonies: Murder, manslaughter, and certain sexual assaults: none; thefts involving fiduciaries or officials forgery, sexual assault, indecency with a child: 10 yrs.; misapplication of fiduciary property: 7 yrs.; other theft, burglary, robbery, and certain sexual assaults: 5 yrs.; arson: 7 yrs.; others: 3 yrs.
    Acts During Which Statute Does Not Run Absent: state, pendency of indictment, information complaint

now share.

OK, this story isn't so much cute or funny as it's just dumb and kind of mean. But New Years Eve '98 there wasn't much going on around town so that day we decided we would drive to New Orleans and welcome in 1999 there. Not long after we took off somebody busted out some acid which everybody but the driver (who was pretty straight laced) took. It started kicking in long before we got to New Orleans, and we were getting restless, so we decided to just stop in Shreveport instead.

A lot of stupid stuff happened in Shreveport, but anyways about 2am we decided to head back, but out of paranoia we were taking some off the beaten path route back with practically nothing along the road except for trees. At one point we ran out of cigarettes, and one of the guys was having a less than happy trip. Not an all out bad one, but he was being difficult, and he really wanted a cigarette (we all did), but there was nowhere to get any. Eventually we came across a station and pulled in. But it was some little store, and wasn't open 24/7 so it was closed. It was like a little country store with rocking chairs on the porch.

We were pretty deflated by the fact it was closed, and for some reason they started daring ME to find a way inside. I think they meant try and pick a lock, or find a back door or something that was unlocked or maybe be able to picked/forced open. I don't really remember the sober guy (who should have been the voice of reason) stepping in to say we should just go or anything. But I don't think he really thought anything was going to happen. The others were spurring me on, but to him it was probably just high talk. Then I just hauled off and grabbed one of the rocking chairs and smashed it through one of the big glass windows. I don't even remember the thought process, I just remember it happening and hearing somebody yell "HOLY SHIT", I jumped in, grabbed a pack of cigarettes and made it back to the car just in time to keep from being left behind, as I think they were getting the fuck out of there without me.

So I busted out a store window that probably cost several hundred dollars (or more) to replace in order to steal a $3 pack of cigarettes. I'm not too proud of it, but it certainly qualifies as stupid.

LOUISIANA

TEXAS

now share.

OK, this story isn't so much cute or funny as it's just dumb and kind of mean. But New Years Eve '98 there wasn't much going on around town so that day we decided we would drive to New Orleans and welcome in 1999 there. Not long after we took off somebody busted out some acid which everybody but the driver (who was pretty straight laced) took. It started kicking in long before we got to New Orleans, and we were getting restless, so we decided to just stop in Shreveport instead.

A lot of stupid stuff happened in Shreveport, but anyways about 2am we decided to head back, but out of paranoia we were taking some off the beaten path route back with practically nothing along the road except for trees. At one point we ran out of cigarettes, and one of the guys was having a less than happy trip. Not an all out bad one, but he was being difficult, and he really wanted a cigarette (we all did), but there was nowhere to get any. Eventually we came across a station and pulled in. But it was some little store, and wasn't open 24/7 so it was closed. It was like a little country store with rocking chairs on the porch.

We were pretty deflated by the fact it was closed, and for some reason they started daring ME to find a way inside. I think they meant try and pick a lock, or find a back door or something that was unlocked or maybe be able to picked/forced open. I don't really remember the sober guy (who should have been the voice of reason) stepping in to say we should just go or anything. But I don't think he really thought anything was going to happen. The others were spurring me on, but to him it was probably just high talk. Then I just hauled off and grabbed one of the rocking chairs and smashed it through one of the big glass windows. I don't even remember the thought process, I just remember it happening and hearing somebody yell "HOLY SHIT", I jumped in, grabbed a pack of cigarettes and made it back to the car just in time to keep from being left behind, as I think they were getting the fuck out of there without me.

So I busted out a store window that probably cost several hundred dollars (or more) to replace in order to steal a $3 pack of cigarettes. I'm not too proud of it, but it certainly qualifies as stupid.

:lol: :thumbup:

you should google them to see if they are still around....and if they are....you should write them a letter to apologize, and pay for the window and smokes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

you should google them to see if they are still around....and if they are....you should write them a letter to apologize, and pay for the window and smokes.

...and the rocking chair. Aint no place for the old ladies to sit anymore!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    81 wrote:

I just hope they had insurance. And if they didn't, they probably do now. They didn't have an alarm, or at least not an audible one.
    81 wrote:

I just hope they had insurance. And if they didn't, they probably do now. They didn't have an alarm, or at least not an audible one.

i bet they had insurance.....and like most insurance...i bet they had a deductable. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Found the phones. Trying to do the photobucket thing.
  • Burned both my calves with a red hot poker iron. And my stomach. Now the scars on my legs look like a j and a.
    Jackass. :D
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
    Burned both my calves with a red hot poker iron. And my stomach. Now the scars on my legs look like a R and F.
    Ratfuck. :D

indeed :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    012.jpg

The one labeled "Bullpen" was from the visitor's dugout, the one on the right is from the Yanks dugout and a ball from the bullpen. Can't find the donut I got though??
    DS1119 wrote:
    012.jpg

The one labeled "Bullpen" was from the visitor's dugout, the one on the right is from the Yanks dugout and a ball from the bullpen. Can't find the donut I got though??

you should put those on ebay. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I dared my buddy to take a crap in a hole at a golf course. He got stage fright but my other friend came though and did it. I can only imagine the greens keeper's face the next morning when he was changing the pin location.
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    012.jpg

you should put those on ebay. :lol:

No way!! I also found something I got from Olympic Stadium in Montreal the last time I was there that I forgot about! :lol:
    build a box for them that looks like the yankee stadium box and put them up in your living room?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    build a box for them that looks like the yankee stadium box and put them up in your living room?

I really wanted the whole phone. I was yanking on that fucker in the Yanks dugout and my fiance was keeping watch down the tunnel and I almost got caught by Bubba Crosby who came out of nowhere from the field. He looked at me and said hello. I shook his hand and then just ripped the handset off. :lol:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    DS1119 wrote:
    012.jpg

Quite honestly, I didn't believe a word of that when I first read it until the pictures. Sounded too awesome. That is fucking great.