Work is so much more fun since...

2»

Comments

• afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    ...they installed a beer fridge and stock it with fascinating beverages.

Currently I am enjoying a Goose Island Mild Winter.

:wave: Chicago!

Sounds wonderful!

We had a potluck earlier this week. There was a sign up sheet...and I signed up for "cookie balls". I saw my boss looking at the sheet and laughing..he said "I thought you signed up for cocktails..but it says cookie balls" :crazy: :?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    This is a new one for me too. I have never heard of a beer cart at an office. If I had I might have considered another line of work. And in the interview I would have definitely made this statement... "I only have one question for you. Does this job have the benefit of a beer cart?"

This is new to me too - the only "drinking" we were permitted was our annual Christmas lunch.

and that was only ( 1 ) drink per employee.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Talk about a stress free work environment!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    It appears that the difference between the Beer Cart and the Beer Fridge is the limit.

Beer Cart, it seems, limits you to what's on the cart.

Beer Fridge, on the other hand, is quite large. And it also contains fancy sodas and boxes of wine. And there's even something champagne like in there.

I love my job...

Waitwaitwait a minute...

Aren't you a nurse?

If I remember correctly when I was talking with you in Hartford, I distinctly recall you saying you were a nurse or worked in a hospital.

Is this still the case? Not that I have a problem with it or anything. just think that would be something they would frown upon. Did you ever come into work with a nasty hangover and help yourself to a little hair of the dog? 8-)
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    At my interview for this job, my now manager slipped in the fact that we had a beer fridge for whenever you had to work past 6pm...

I accept your offer.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    No beer cart. but there is a rumoured stocked fridge somewhere in the office building of my new job, just not sure where it is :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm picking up a six pack for the afternoon.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Underachiever
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    81 wrote:

presumably as some form of mixer to a higher percentage spirit? ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    youngster wrote:
    It appears that the difference between the Beer Cart and the Beer Fridge is the limit.

Beer Fridge, on the other hand, is quite large. And it also contains fancy sodas and boxes of wine. And there's even something champagne like in there.

I love my job...

Waitwaitwait a minute...

Aren't you a nurse?

nah she quit and is now the centre manager for her local AA.

apparently the patients love her.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I want a beer cart or fridge at work! Unfortunately, I think the clinic would frown on that...

I worked in a grantwriting office where my boss wanted to implement champagne and strawberries on Friday...then she went and got pregnant, became a raging bitch, and I quit. :|
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    dunkman wrote:
    youngster wrote:

I love my job...

Waitwaitwait a minute...

Aren't you a nurse?

She is actually a director at the local AAA.
  • dunkman wrote:

That might be worse :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif

i knew she was highly driven... but wow.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    dunkman wrote:

Ba-DUM.

I could see that one sailing over the hills of Scotland, across the wild Atlantic, and right into Dissidentman's bucket hat.

Youngster you are correct, I am a nurse.

And you are also correct, I used to work in hospitals. Where, it should be emphasized, drinking on the job was not allowed.

Then I became a risk manager, still in hospitals. Still no drinking at work.

Earlier this year, I made a big jump over to healthcare software development. So instead of being surrounded by overachievers wearing white lab coats, I am surrounded by overachievers wearing t-shirts with anime graphic designs.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    dunkman wrote:

Someone take her keys.
    dunkman wrote:

Ba-DUM.

I could see that one sailing over the hills of Scotland, across the wild Atlantic, and right into Dissidentman's bucket hat.

they dont call me Mr Unpredictability for nothing.

now, if you'll excuse me I have a giraffe to shave and glue to a mineshaft.
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Ba-DUM.

they dont call me Mr Unpredictability for nothing.

now, if you'll excuse me I have a giraffe to shave and glue to a mineshaft.

Where on earth would you find a mine owner around here? Because the shaving a giraffe part is entirely plausible.