Work is so much more fun since...

unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
...they installed a beer fridge and stock it with fascinating beverages.

Currently I am enjoying a Goose Island Mild Winter.

:wave: Chicago!
15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ...they installed a beer fridge and stock it with fascinating beverages.

I miss Beer Cart Fridays :cry:
    First thing to go in the Crisis... Well half my staff then the Beer Cart...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553

And we both know you missed the Beer Cart most...

;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ...they installed a beer fridge and stock it with fascinating beverages.

And we both know you missed the Beer Cart most...

;)
    Of course... you can always get a new staff :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    explain this to me as i have never worked in or even been inside an office. what is a beer cart and how many can you have whilst working?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    explain this to me as i have never worked in or even been inside an office. what is a beer cart and how many can you have whilst working?
    Beer Cart was brought out after the market closed on Fridays... It was usually enough for everyone to have two... some people had one, some had none, others brought the average back to 2 :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • I have a bottle of Chilean wine on my desk. It's taking all of me not to just close the door and have at it lol
    chadwick wrote:
    Beer Cart was brought out after the market closed on Fridays... It was usually enough for everyone to have two... some people had one, some had none, others brought the average back to 2 :lol:
    have you ever saw a very drunk person @ work due to the beer cart being their favorite? this is so crazy to me. you office folk are a wild lot.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

so...unlost stole your beer cart...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    edited December 2011
    I have a bottle of Chilean wine on my desk. It's taking all of me not to just close the door and have at it lol
    how the hell are you allowed alcohol on the job? you folks are killing me w/ this stuff. booze and boozing at work. that is a new one on me. they may as well start handing out reefer, beings weed is less deadly and stuff. y'all need a bob marley special around 2pm daily. now go get the damn beer cart guy and have him hook a fucker up...nice phat style. sticky icky. the weed cart. beer sucks. :mrgreen:

the trading day bell sounds. look everyone is drunk and high as shit. look. no more screaming crazy shit on the floor. more of a relaxed atmosphere
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDY wrote:

so...unlost stole your beer cart...
    And they think the 1% hasn't suffered :x :cry::lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

better wave to St. Louis ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwick wrote:
    I have a bottle of Chilean wine on my desk. It's taking all of me not to just close the door and have at it lol
    how the hell are you allowed alcohol on the job? you folks are killing me w/ this stuff. booze and boozing at work. that is a new one on me. they may as well start handing out reefer, beings weed is less deadly and stuff. y'all need a bob marley special around 2pm daily. now go get the damn beer cart guy and have him hook a fucker up...nice a phat style. sticky icky. the weed cart. beer sucks. :mrgreen:

the trading day bell sounds. look everyone is drunk and high as shit. look. no more screaming crazy shit on the floor. more of a relaxed atmosphere
    I didn't say we were allowed to drink just saying it's on my desk ;) lol
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    chadwick wrote:
    others brought the average back to 2 :lol:

:lol:
  • This is a new one for me too. I have never heard of a beer cart at an office. If I had I might have considered another line of work. And in the interview I would have definitely made this statement... "I only have one question for you. Does this job have the benefit of a beer cart?"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    This is a new one for me too. I have never heard of a beer cart at an office. If I had I might have considered another line of work. And in the interview I would have definitely made this statement... "I only have one question for you. Does this job have the benefit of a beer cart?"

i believe it was budweiser, of maybe busch that had a beer tap in the employee break room

one of those companies used and might still,...memory is fuzzy....give every employee a case of beer each month....or week....as the case may be
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

better wave to St. Louis ;)

But the label says "Brewed and Bottled by Goose Island Beer Co., Chicago IL."

Are they beer people lying to me?
    :shock:
    chadwick wrote:
    how the hell are you allowed alcohol on the job? you folks are killing me w/ this stuff. booze and boozing at work. that is a new one on me. they may as well start handing out reefer, beings weed is less deadly and stuff. y'all need a bob marley special around 2pm daily. now go get the damn beer cart guy and have him hook a fucker up...nice a phat style. sticky icky. the weed cart. beer sucks. :mrgreen:

I didn't say we were allowed to drink just saying it's on my desk ;) lol
    i know, sweets. i know. i am just floored y'all can have booze on your desk and some of you can even drink beer while working.

i became a stupid truck driver w/ bad knees and a bad ticker. i shoulda been more into being pampered a bit and chose a inside cushiony type task such as sittin on my balls all day slammin 40s and being like george costanza.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I love my job now but I do miss my old job where my boss would just come into my office and say "let's go to the bar" and he would treat all the employees to an afternoon of appetizers and booze.

Those were the days!
    No worries, Chad. I'm pretty sure that if there's any abuse, the beer fridge will go away.

Looking around at my colleagues, I don't think there will be any abuse.

I'm not sure they feel the same level of reassurance when they glance my way...

:?
  • I loved my first job out of college where on football Sundays we'd get an endless supply of pizza.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    This is a new one for me too. I have never heard of a beer cart at an office. If I had I might have considered another line of work. And in the interview I would have definitely made this statement... "I only have one question for you. Does this job have the benefit of a beer cart?"
    i wanna be the beer cart operator. i would deal only in the finest hops and barelys money can buy.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    i know, sweets. i know. i am just floored y'all can have booze on your desk and some of you can even drink beer while working.

i became a stupid truck driver w/ bad knees and a bad ticker. i shoulda been more into being pampered a bit and chose a inside cushiony type task such as sittin on my balls all day slammin 40s and being like george costanza.
    It was a present from this visiting Chilean delegation, they didn't even need to bring anything really. Damn near all the guys were freaking gorgeous, that was a gift enough in itself :D

We had this one guy here, rest his soul, he was so awesome, he had a bottle of Hennessy on his desk and every so often I'd notice it getting emptier :lol:

I think there is a beer in the fridge here, but I will be a good girl lol
    It appears that the difference between the Beer Cart and the Beer Fridge is the limit.

Beer Cart, it seems, limits you to what's on the cart.

Beer Fridge, on the other hand, is quite large. And it also contains fancy sodas and boxes of wine. And there's even something champagne like in there.

I love my job...
    No worries, Chad. I'm pretty sure that if there's any abuse, the beer fridge will go away.

i am by your side in supporting your consumption of brews whilst on the job. your co-workers and cohorts can kiss your.... it's all good, miss unlost.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:

i am by your side in supporting your consumption of brews whilst on the job. your co-workers and cohorts can kiss your.... it's all good, miss unlost.

;)
    (I really have great coworkers. Very, very lucky...)
    i fucked my life up. i coulda been a office person gettin beers from a mobile delivery type food cart. this is one of the worst days of my life.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    i fucked my life up. i coulda been a office person gettin beers from a mobile delivery type food cart. this is one of the worst days of my life.

That's what I'm saying. I wonder how easy it would be to teach the abc's after knocking back a six pack? Do you think the order of the letters really matters anyway?
  • Well F me. If it wasn't official before, it is officially official now.
    I NEED A NEW JOB.

Hey UD :wave:
    You guys hiring?

:ugeek:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    i remember this one time...

our boss set a goal for us

we met the goal

and she took all of us out to lunch at Claim Jumpers

I had Filet Mignon

and then she gave us all the rest of the day off...PAID
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Sitting in cockfuck Xmas traffic. >:/
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.