Christmas gifts........

2»

Comments

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I spent waaayyy too much

My 7 year old....legos, DS 3D and all the accessories and some clothes
    My 3 year old....legos, books, clothes, and some leap pad stuff.

And gosh knows what else for them.

Myself, I bought PJ20 vinyl and book. Some new pj bottoms, some unmentionables, a new turntable, and some new vinyl. :mrgreen:

Waaayyy too much. And I still have a few stocking stuffers to get. That will be Friday. I love the hustle and bustle on that day. :mrgreen:
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Mostly just clothes and jewelry for the wife, bought a guitar for our daughter, went with gift cards for the rest of our relatives, and some PJ posters for myself :D
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    sheila0225 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    Hello???

How much did you spend???
    And what did you buy???
    And who did you buy it for?????

I havent spent a dime yet....hehehehe

waaaaaaayyyy too much
    but happy to do it
    its not every year that this is do-able :)

~ HD TV and uggs boots for youngest daughter (the boots cost as much as the tv!)
    ~ heavy duty stand mixer and food saver and kindle and clogs for middle daughter
    ~ sony vaio laptop and rocksmith and Faithfull Ale and some other PJ stuff for son
    ~ day at the spa and emerald earrings for daughter in law
    ~ dremel tool set and accessories for son in law
    ~ grandkids (all boys ages 3-5)).... video games and board games and trucks and cars and trains and toys and clothes and god only knows what else
    ~ really nice natural cut citrine crystal dipped in sterling necklace for mom (very difficult)
    and
    ~ my 10C secret santa (can't say yet) :D
    ~ and a box of stuff for a little boy who otherwise might not be visited by santa this year

Do you need another daughter? :mrgreen::lol:

for sure not! :lol:
    but y'all are welcome to visit :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • I didn't buy any presents this year, it's all about emotions this time around. I don't even feel bad about not joining the consumer terrorism. I made little, but heartfelt, gifts for people that are dear to me. But it is a first for me of not gifting my family, and I gotta say that I enjoy it. Generally, I don't really like to buy presents when I'm pressed for an occasion. I'm rather getting pressies for people whenever they come my way and I think of someone. It's much more spontaneous and feels more heartfelt to me. This year, it's all about feelings for me. I wanna share and give love to the people that I cherish in my life, and I don't need material things to express this.

Oh, and I am also a little skint :oops: :lol: But I quite enjoy having a "non-commercial" christmas. I am concentrating more on the whole idea of the festivus ... Happy holidays to all of you and don't get too stressed out about finding the perfect present for each and everyone. It's the emotions that really count on a holiday like this :)
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    My family picked names this year so I only had to buy for my brother (who is also a huge PJ fan).

I framed 2 PJ posters: Toronto night 1 from this tour and Toronto 2009, 3 boots from the Canadian tour, a microwaveable popcorn bowl with 5 jars of different kinds of seasoning and ice cube trays (he's been needing them for yrs and hasn't bought any yet :lol: )
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Tough year financially so a smallish Christmas for us and the kids.

the grandparents came through with some of the "bigger" gifts.

video games and clothes for the kids. Mrs Green Circle and I won't be exchanging this year.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    For mum,a fancy meal out and flowers
    Bro,a beautiful hand lathed chopping board
    Sis,an original painting from an artist here in the village
    Niece,a voucher to get her hair cut in the fancy salon she goes to
    Nephew 1,Australian Pink Floyd gig ticket and cd voucher
    Nephew 2,skate clothes
    Best friend,pyjamas
    Best friends partner,graphic art print
    Best friends daughter,art and craft supplies
    Someone here,well I can't say or he would find out ;)
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,444
    edited December 2011
    Ok...

I got off work early tonight...

OFF HE GOES!!!!!

Best Buy....
    Here I come!!!!!!

heheheheheheheheheheheheehehehehehe
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I think we should all pitch in some money to get speedy a new grill and cooler...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Ok...

OFF HE GOES!!!!!

Best Buy....
    Here I come!!!!!!

That wasnt so bad...

Called my sisters and we are all pitching in for a new TV for my parents....Picked up a Samsung

My neices are all getting gift cards....Its what they wanted..
    My nephew wanted a new hockey stick...Picked one up
    My other nephew wanted an x-Box game....Got the exact one he wanted....
    Kathy already picked up her folks gifts.....

SHOPPING IS DONE!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Ok...

OFF HE GOES!!!!!

Best Buy....
    Here I come!!!!!!

That wasnt so bad...

Called my sisters and we are all pitching in for a new TV for my parents....Picked up a Samsung

My neices are all getting gift cards....Its what they wanted..
    My nephew wanted a new hockey stick...Picked one up
    My other nephew wanted an x-Box game....Got the exact one he wanted....
    Kathy already picked up her folks gifts.....

SHOPPING IS DONE!!!!!!
    Guess you're keeping my gift a secret :shifty:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    my ex told me today hes bought me a book for xmas.. im a bit scared.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328

My bf and I only bought each other books for Christmas. People think that's strange. We know the books too....since we bought them together. haha :lol: No surprise at all this year.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    I've only bought PJ hoodies for my sister and her husband! Nothing else yet... I'll buy the rest on Saturday 24th, my first day off!!! :D
    I am mine!
    ZiggyStar wrote:

My bf and I only bought each other books for Christmas. People think that's strange. We know the books too....since we bought them together. haha :lol: No surprise at all this year.

well zig the thing is you cant just buy me a di morrissey book or 50 ways to serve tomato... im not your best seller kind of reader so when someone tells me they bought me a book(when NO ONE would dare to) i tend to get a little anxious. he did tell me it was non fiction and that id like it. ive known this guy for 27 years so i guess i gotta trust his judgement.tis just a book is a terrible thing to waste. :lol: admittedly a few years back he bought me a book for xmas and it turned out to be a really good book. people seem to think im difficult to buy for... imagine that ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Gift cards mainly. I may go to Ottawa on Friday to Lush for some people I'll see Saturday and need to get stuff for.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I am gonna give my brother the rubbing of Shannon Hoon's grave that I made when I visited it.. He is a big Blind Melon fan..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    I am gonna give my brother the rubbing of Shannon Hoon's grave that I made when I visited it.. He is a big Blind Melon fan..

that is awesome.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    I have bought pressies for 30 people, well some of it is cash for younger relatives :lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • AELARA wrote:
    I've only bought PJ hoodies for my sister and her husband! Nothing else yet... I'll buy the rest on Saturday 24th, my first day off!!! :D
    classic Greek..all last minute.. :lol:
    happy Holiday girl..is your name day at 25th,right?like my sister.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Uggs and a Coach bag for the wife.
    Ipad2 for son
    bike and girl stuff for daughter
    PJ20 vinyl for me
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer