Christmas gifts........

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,444
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So??

What did you get everyone????

I havent bought a damned thing yet!!!

Im gonna go out Christmas Eve and hopefully work some magic....

What did you buy and who did you buy for?????
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    :lol:

Have fun!

Bought for the nieces, nephews and our son.

We bought kid things.

Merry Christmas, Speedy!
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • :lol:

Have fun!

We bought kid things.

Merry Christmas, Speedy!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

I always go shopping Christmas Eve.....

Its just fun to watch everyone in PANIC MODE!!!!!! hehehehe
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    coal....lots of coal
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    nothing

I have cards that I am blessing people with...some people won't get one this year. They were naughty at Alpine...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Some people work best under pressure. Hopefully, you are one of them! :lol:

Good luck!
  • PKTrekGirl wrote:
    Some people work best under pressure. Hopefully, you are one of them! :lol:

Good luck!
    Ill be just fine.....hehehehe
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Lots of fun things for my kids! Bikes, games, toys...
    WWII books for my grandpa,
    cute shoes for my mom,
    martini glasses for friends,
    and a gift card for my dad to go towards a shotgun that he wants *see RF postings* :? :lol:8-)
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    :lol:

Have fun!

We bought kid things.

Merry Christmas, Speedy!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

I always go shopping Christmas Eve.....

Its just fun to watch everyone in PANIC MODE!!!!!! hehehehe

:lol::lol::lol: That's why I get it done the last week of November...then when I go shopping iin December, it's just a nice stroll to enjoy the Christmassy atmosphere :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Carey wrote:
    Lots of fun things for my kids! Bikes, games, toys...
    WWII books for my grandpa,
    cute shoes for my mom,
    martini glasses for friends,
    and a gift card for my dad to go towards a shotgun that he wants *see RF postings* :? :lol:8-)
    NICE!!!!
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I am overly (too much? maybe) happy to have been able to get some pretty cool stuff for the kids this year....really looking forward to seeing their faces on Christmas morning :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Hello???

How much did you spend???
    And what did you buy???
    And who did you buy it for?????

I havent spent a dime yet....hehehehe
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    my 15 year old son made a very nice chessboard in wood shop class at school, so I ordered a set of chess pieces for him.

16 year old son - I have no clue what to get for him, maybe some clothes

11 year old son - a few video games

going to get all of them books and maybe some cd's

GF and I got a PS3 for them, so that is the big one
  • Everyone wanted gift cards or money, so that's what they're getting. Made wrapping gifts very easy, but shopping a little dull. Except for the kitties...they're each getting a bag of treats, a catnip ball and catnip toys shaped and displayed like sushi rolls. 8-) They will definitely be more interested in the crumpled wrapping paper :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    Hello???

And what did you buy???

$111 for a pair of boots for the woman.

done.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Everyone wanted gift cards or money, so that's what they're getting. Made wrapping gifts very easy, but shopping a little dull. Except for the kitties...they're each getting a bag of treats, a catnip ball and catnip toys shaped and displayed like sushi rolls. 8-) They will definitely be more interested in the crumpled wrapping paper :lol:

I have done gift cards in the past, but not any more. and I don't like getting them either. Feels like when I get one that person felt obligated to get me something and just took and easy way out. I would rather them just get me a card or wish me Happy Holiday in person instead. My mother gets my kids gift cards and I normally end up buying them from them so they can use the cash.

I like picking something out for someone that I want to give a gift - something they can open and either play with or use right away - especially for kids.
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Everyone wanted gift cards or money, so that's what they're getting. Made wrapping gifts very easy, but shopping a little dull. Except for the kitties...they're each getting a bag of treats, a catnip ball and catnip toys shaped and displayed like sushi rolls. 8-) They will definitely be more interested in the crumpled wrapping paper :lol:

I have done gift cards in the past, but not any more. and I don't like getting them either. Feels like when I get one that person felt obligated to get me something and just took and easy way out. I would rather them just get me a card or wish me Happy Holiday in person instead. My mother gets my kids gift cards and I normally end up buying them from them so they can use the cash.

I like picking something out for someone that I want to give a gift - something they can open and either play with or use right away - especially for kids.
    yeah I much prefer putting effort into finding something I think people will like. The only person that didn't want a gift card was my SIL...so she was kind of fun to shop for. My dad always wants cash :? Feels weird to give a parent cash, but beats hearing him bitch all day :roll: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • there's a pretty cool place called Patagonia that has a great environmentally friendly policy of accepting their materials back for recycling or repair (maybe even trade in).. I got some of these gift cards for the family:

patagonia.com

6 year old neice - Karaoke machine from target for about 40 bucks

Also, I got my new wife a pearl necklace and a Neil Diamond t-shirt.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

yeah I much prefer putting effort into finding something I think people will like. The only person that didn't want a gift card was my SIL...so she was kind of fun to shop for. My dad always wants cash :? Feels weird to give a parent cash, but beats hearing him bitch all day :roll: :lol:

I completely understand. Last year I got a gift card from my GF's sister for Omaha Steaks for $25. I go online to order something and there is nothing less than $40, plus shipping. So it was going to cost me money to use it, so I never did. And I found out that she used points from her credit card to get the gift cards.
  • My 9 year old god son is proving to be the most difficult this year.
    The kid loves clothes, and fuck if I know whats cool these days!! His older bro is getting an iPod speaker docking station and his little sister is getting a bunch of art supplies from auntie Kelly.

But the 9 year old??? No fucking clue!! He doesn't like video games yet and he's too old for kid movies. He doesn't get into Legos anymore...How do I pick out jeans or shoes for a kid like this? I think I'm gonna shake his big bro down for help with ideas because thier mom just keeps saying not to get them shit.
    They're my godchildren. Of course Im buying for them!! :roll:

I used to go way overboard with them, this year I'm keeping it simple.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Hello???

And what did you buy???

waaaaaaayyyy too much
    but happy to do it
    its not every year that this is do-able :)

~ HD TV and uggs boots for youngest daughter (the boots cost as much as the tv!)
    ~ heavy duty stand mixer and food saver and kindle and clogs for middle daughter
    ~ sony vaio laptop and rocksmith and Faithfull Ale and some other PJ stuff for son
    ~ day at the spa and emerald earrings for daughter in law
    ~ dremel tool set and accessories for son in law
    ~ grandkids (all boys ages 3-5)).... video games and board games and trucks and cars and trains and toys and clothes and god only knows what else
    ~ really nice natural cut citrine crystal dipped in sterling necklace for mom (very difficult)
    and
    ~ my 10C secret santa (can't say yet) :D
    ~ and a box of stuff for a little boy who otherwise might not be visited by santa this year
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    thankfully, several years ago my family decided to go to a white christmas deal...so now i only have to get one gift...this year i went with

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OH ... 00_details

after the power outages we had here a couple weeks ago, i realized that electricity is pretty darned important :think:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Pretty much done, other than some last-minute stuff I'm planning to pick up after work on Friday (payday).

Nice soft, plushy beds for each of the three unlost dogs. They'll also find some treats in their stockings, and Tessie will get a toy. (She loves toys, the other two are only semi-interested in toys.)

A couple of sweaters and a flannel shirt for Mr. Unlost. Gonna pick up a Nano for him, also a couple of books.

A photoblanket for Mom, it's a collage of the three unlost dogs. Planning on getting her some kind of jewelery and a couple of books.

Candles and Stonewall Kitchen jam sets for various friends and family.

Purse for my auntie. Planning on a book for my uncle, and a gift set of different kinds of fancy tea for my cousin.

Nothing this year for the brother or his kids, we don't see each other at Christmas so last year we didn't exchange.

We do exchange with Mr. Unlost's brothers and their families, not sure what he's pulling together for them.

That's it.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • I still have some shopping to do, I've been so disorganized this Christmas. I did manage to finally get my cards out on Saturday anyway!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Bought my hubby all the movies that Pink Floyd has done soundtracks for (More, Zabriskie Point, etc.) and that's all I've got so far. I burned copies of all my PJ boots for my sister as my goal is to make her as PJ crazy as I am :D

I plan on spending all day Friday shopping...so not looking forward to it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:
    thankfully, several years ago my family decided to go to a white christmas deal...so now i only have to get one gift...this year i went with

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OH ... 00_details

after the power outages we had here a couple weeks ago, i realized that electricity is pretty darned important :think:

that product is amazing! We have the big battery and big solar panel...we take it camping and charge the cell phones, ipod, etc.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    StillHere wrote:
    waaaaaaayyyy too much
    but happy to do it

~ HD TV and uggs boots for youngest daughter (the boots cost as much as the tv!)
    ~ heavy duty stand mixer and food saver and kindle and clogs for middle daughter
    ~ sony vaio laptop and rocksmith and Faithfull Ale and some other PJ stuff for son
    ~ grandkids (all boys ages 3-5)).... video games and board games and trucks and cars and trains and toys and clothes and god only knows what else
    ~ really nice natural cut citrine crystal dipped in sterling necklace for mom (very difficult)
    and
    ~ and a box of stuff for a little boy who otherwise might not be visited by santa this year

Would you mind adopting me? :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    i'd like a pair of Polk Audio RTi A9 please
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • So??

What did you get everyone????

I havent bought a damned thing yet!!!

Im gonna go out Christmas Eve and hopefully work some magic....

What did you buy and who did you buy for?????
    No one yet :roll: . We have too many things in common ;) ................................
    There must be something wrong with me :lol: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Got some toys for my nieces and nephew and a DVD for my parents...other than that, no gifts this year. I've established a "Christmas truce" for most of my family. We just get together and cook/bring a ton of food. :lol:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    StillHere wrote:
    Hello???

And what did you buy???

waaaaaaayyyy too much
    but happy to do it

and

Do you need another daughter? :mrgreen::lol: